Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 3, 2014
Seemed like a very quick video, something you could just find online (you tube) since he only has the 5 methods. However, it was nice to watch with the hubby.. Sometimes short and to the point keeps men from zoning out. No offense to all the awesome hands on dads out there!! Mine just isn't one of them ;)
on March 30, 2017
Purchased this for my pregnant niece. We watched this video a dozen times when we had babies. Thankfully had these techniques through months of colic and crying - it was great to know what to do to help our babies. Well worth the purchase!
on April 11, 2016
Amazing, magic, baby voodoo. This is NOT just rocking the baby. This is a completely different technique that grandma has never seen. 90% of the time this calmed our baby in under a minute, and had him asleep in five. The other 10% he needed something- more nursing, a diaper change, he needed to poo, something.

Seriously, watch this now. We watched it when our baby was three weeks old and we were kicking ourselves for waiting so long! Three weeks of crying could never be undone!

Stopped working around 4-5 months old. As Dr. Karp says, this is really for the first three months or so.
on July 29, 2015
Best swaddling advice! I finally can do a proper swaddled. I thought my little one hated swaddling, but it turns out...swaddling alone won't calm the baby. Best $14 bucks spent!
on December 10, 2014
The doctor in this program even admits that sometimes this procedure does not work; however, he has a very high success rate. My child was not colic-y, but he did have some crazy nights and these procedures help. Be patient with it and stick with it or you'll be easily frustrated. Wish I had been able to find a book for cheaper, and looking back I think the YouTube videos told you most everything in here. Worth the buy for our family though.
on April 28, 2016
I love Dr. Karp's philosophy. These strategies absolutely work to calm a fussy baby. Our newborn could go could hours crying for no obvious reason and that left us as parents feeling helpless. Learning the 5 S's to trigger the calming reflex has been amazing for our baby and makes us as parents feel empowered. I highly recommend this book and DVD to any parent.
I enjoyed watching this video with my fiance. We are preparing for our first child early next year and are trying to get a head-start so we don't become overwhelmed. I will probably watch this video once a day EVERY day until my son is born and practice on a doll to make sure I have these 5 S techniques down. They look like they work from the video - but since I have no live baby to practice on - that remains to be seen! Will update when little one is here!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 11, 2017
Very useful for first few weeks after birth. I only wish we had watched it before our baby was born because we had no time or energy to watch it until he was 6 weeks old. By then we had suffered through the hardest part that the DVD would have helped us with.
on November 12, 2015
The DVD arrived today due to holiday yesterday, it arrived in good shape. This is a gift for for my Grandson and his wife and I'm sure it will help them if they need it. My Great Granddaughter is due tomorrow and we are all very excited about that. My daughter used this DVD when her twins were born and it gave her alot of good advice, had a lot of helpful information as well. Thank you very much.
on December 10, 2016
I have limited time to read all the baby books I should before my first one arrives. However, when I heard this highly rate book came in DVD format, I jumped at the opportunity- especially at this price! It is a fantastic DVD with 5 quick tips for soothing a crying child. It was helpful to see the doctor actually holding the baby, so you can practice the angle and method. This is a must have for all first time parents!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse