Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,139 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,549 reviews
on October 28, 2015
Taking care of a baby for my wife and I was a relative breeze (we have had four). We had all of our kids sleeping through the night by 9 weeks, and even when they were not yet sleeping through the night they still were sleeping in blocks of several hours at a time so that we were only getting up in the middle of the night once or twice a night. Lots of moms used to say that we were just "lucky" to have easy kids, but after a repeating pattern with all four kids, they have all had to admit that we "must be doing something right." People ask us all the time what is our secret. This is it.

We based our baby care plan on two sources:
1. On Becoming Baby Wise
2. The Happiest Baby On The Block

The first one addresses putting your baby on a scheduled feeding and sleeping plan. The second one addresses the best way to keep your baby sleeping once you put him/her down. This video teaches you how to get your baby to calm down and sleep, shows you how swaddling prevents your baby from waking him/herself up by involuntary reflexes which all babies make, and reveals what your baby's crying really means. You know that mom on public transportation who can't get her baby to stop crying? You wish she had watched this video!
on October 3, 2014
Seemed like a very quick video, something you could just find online (you tube) since he only has the 5 methods. However, it was nice to watch with the hubby.. Sometimes short and to the point keeps men from zoning out. No offense to all the awesome hands on dads out there!! Mine just isn't one of them ;)
on May 9, 2017
For newborns, these techniques are top notch. I don't know what I would have done without the information in this video. I saw part of this video in my Bradley birth class and bought it so I could see the rest. Dr. Harvey Karp is a genius!

However, there is a reason why he always says "newborns" "fourth trimester" "first 3 months" etc.. Because these techniques are best used during that period. As your baby gets older, rocking and swaddling will become sleep associations and they won't be able to fall asleep and stay asleep without them. This means a lot of lost sleep for you parents. Trust me, it happens, and it happened to me.

At the 3 month mark, having an established bedtime routine is of the utmost importance to longer stretches of sleep.
on March 30, 2017
Purchased this for my pregnant niece. We watched this video a dozen times when we had babies. Thankfully had these techniques through months of colic and crying - it was great to know what to do to help our babies. Well worth the purchase!
on September 3, 2015
The tips in this DVD worked very well when our son was born. Results may vary, but for us it turned out to really help keep him calm and happy :)
on August 14, 2015
I was asked 7 years ago to view this DVD by my daughter, who was expecting her first. I was so taken that I started giving these away to my customers, so far over 30 of them in six years.
on July 19, 2011
I bought this DVD with the book to help me figure out how to help calm my colicky 6 week old baby. I definitely recommend getting the book. You could probably skip the DVD and just head to the Happiest Baby website to see the 5 S's modeled. The DVD is good for learning how to swaddle correctly, knowing how loud to shush and how to jiggle properly, but again, I think you could find this for free on youtube. Also, check your local library for a copy because once you see it, you probably won't have to watch it twice.
on July 29, 2015
Best swaddling advice! I finally can do a proper swaddled. I thought my little one hated swaddling, but it turns out...swaddling alone won't calm the baby. Best $14 bucks spent!
on October 15, 2015
Great Book! Must watch or read for new parents and even parents on their 2nd or 3rd baby that have not learned these basic steps.
on April 11, 2016
Amazing, magic, baby voodoo. This is NOT just rocking the baby. This is a completely different technique that grandma has never seen. 90% of the time this calmed our baby in under a minute, and had him asleep in five. The other 10% he needed something- more nursing, a diaper change, he needed to poo, something.

Seriously, watch this now. We watched it when our baby was three weeks old and we were kicking ourselves for waiting so long! Three weeks of crying could never be undone!

Stopped working around 4-5 months old. As Dr. Karp says, this is really for the first three months or so.