Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,559 reviews
on September 3, 2015
The tips in this DVD worked very well when our son was born. Results may vary, but for us it turned out to really help keep him calm and happy :)
on October 15, 2015
Great Book! Must watch or read for new parents and even parents on their 2nd or 3rd baby that have not learned these basic steps.
on July 19, 2011
I bought this DVD with the book to help me figure out how to help calm my colicky 6 week old baby. I definitely recommend getting the book. You could probably skip the DVD and just head to the Happiest Baby website to see the 5 S's modeled. The DVD is good for learning how to swaddle correctly, knowing how loud to shush and how to jiggle properly, but again, I think you could find this for free on youtube. Also, check your local library for a copy because once you see it, you probably won't have to watch it twice.
on August 4, 2016
Ok, Dr. Karp is a LIFESAVER. A few friends had recommended this DVD to us and we kind of ignored it until the 3rd sleepless night after coming home from the hospital. At that point we were willing to try anything, so we have it a shot.

His advice WORKS. The 5S system is the only way to calm my baby when she is just fussy, especially the swaddling technique. Since I started doing it the way Dr. Karp demonstrates, my newborn has been sleeping between 6 and 7.5 hours a night. No kidding! Definitely worth watching!
on December 10, 2014
This movie is a great addition to reading Dr. Karp's book. Seeing actual parents and babies going through the five S's was very helpful to me and my wife. We've already started using the techniques with our newborn and it is so impressive when she "turns off" and is quiet and content, often falling to sleep very quickly. Her Nana stopped by today and her jaw dropped when she saw my wife soothe our screaming baby in seconds. Definitely recommended whether or not you read the book!
on December 10, 2014
The doctor in this program even admits that sometimes this procedure does not work; however, he has a very high success rate. My child was not colic-y, but he did have some crazy nights and these procedures help. Be patient with it and stick with it or you'll be easily frustrated. Wish I had been able to find a book for cheaper, and looking back I think the YouTube videos told you most everything in here. Worth the buy for our family though.
on February 25, 2016
I bought this DVD because a fellow new Mommy friend said I HAVE TO WATCH IT before our little one arrives. She said they had a really tough first three weeks with their newborn, until someone recommended this DVD to them. After they watched it, they learned how to comfort and calm their son and things finally went smoothly afterwards. She said they wished they had heard about this video BEFORE their son was born instead of after the fact. It would have saved them 3 weeks of sleepless nights. Now I see why.

As soon as it arrived, I put the DVD in to watch it. I was completely surprised and enlightened to learn the different techniques to comfort and calm our baby. The Pediatrician explains 5 different techniques that work to immediately calm your baby. They work because they trigger a baby's natural reflex, much like a knee reflex in an adult.

My husband walked in before the technique instructions even started and paused to watch a minute or so. Then he said, "So I can calm her by putting her on her side like that?" I just giggled. He was in and out while this video was on and asked me what I was watching. When I told him and he realized that we now own this DVD he actually got excited. He asked if I could leave it out for him to watch on his own. I was SHOCKED at his peaked interest.

After watching this DVD, I feel so much more prepared for our little one's arrival. I feel more confident that I have 5 new things to try with her to cam her down when she cries.

This DVD includes other questions and answers that I found extremely helpful as well. THIS will be my go-to Baby Shower gift from now on!!! If you're even thinking twice about do you really need this, trust me, you DO. You'll thank me later!!!!!
on February 9, 2017
Eh, it was okay. Just goes over the "5 S's"... could have searched online instead of $10.
on April 9, 2017
Several people recommended this video, and I'm so glad we purchased it. It's been a sanity-saver with our little guy. Combined with another video on baby "language", our baby has gone from hours-long screaming to much shorter outbursts, and being able to sleep for 4-6 hour stretches per night when he was only 1.5 weeks old.
on May 5, 2017
My students were amazed with these simple FREE new born calming techniques. I wish every new parent would buy this BEFORE their babies are born so they could have the tools to having "The happiest baby on the block" (Sorry I couldn't help it cause it's TRUE)!