Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,574 reviews
on July 11, 2017
Definitely worth a watch for parents. My husband and I found the techniques shared in this video to be very helpful in calming our baby when other things don't work.
on February 28, 2017
Very little information; most avilable for free online anyways.
on May 16, 2017
This is the best 60 minute video to watch PRIOR to your baby showing up! The 5 S's work to perfection. Watch this before you go to the hospital. My wife got the book as well, but I think the video will do the trick.
on October 28, 2015
Taking care of a baby for my wife and I was a relative breeze (we have had four). We had all of our kids sleeping through the night by 9 weeks, and even when they were not yet sleeping through the night they still were sleeping in blocks of several hours at a time so that we were only getting up in the middle of the night once or twice a night. Lots of moms used to say that we were just "lucky" to have easy kids, but after a repeating pattern with all four kids, they have all had to admit that we "must be doing something right." People ask us all the time what is our secret. This is it.

We based our baby care plan on two sources:
1. On Becoming Baby Wise
2. The Happiest Baby On The Block

The first one addresses putting your baby on a scheduled feeding and sleeping plan. The second one addresses the best way to keep your baby sleeping once you put him/her down. This video teaches you how to get your baby to calm down and sleep, shows you how swaddling prevents your baby from waking him/herself up by involuntary reflexes which all babies make, and reveals what your baby's crying really means. You know that mom on public transportation who can't get her baby to stop crying? You wish she had watched this video!
on April 22, 2017
Great video!
on October 4, 2016
I thought my baby didn't like being swaddled, turns out I just wasn't doing it right!

This was especially great for my husband who had never held a baby before our own.

Even though we laughed at the quality of the video the whole time, the content was very useful. The S's were demonstrated several times and the reasoning and science behind each S was well explained. This works to calm our baby about 85% of the time...which I'll take any day! It takes practice.
on October 2, 2015
We watched this a few nights ago and his tips are right on for calming our newborn. I will admit, it's not easy to sit through the movie but if you have a newborn it is totally worth it. My daughter is swinging right now with her white noise blasting and I am writing this review.... The techniques work.
on September 18, 2016
Good, informative video. Didn't read the book so couldn't say if this video is extraneous. But I liked that I had the option to take a break from reading and just watch and learn. Made in the early 2000s but the information is still relevant per a recent baby class.

Disclaimer: I've not used these techniques yet. Still waiting for the nugget to arrive in a couple of months. But I learned interesting tidbits and feel a little more prepared for the coming fussiness.
on October 31, 2016
I enjoyed watching this video with my fiance. We are preparing for our first child early next year and are trying to get a head-start so we don't become overwhelmed. I will probably watch this video once a day EVERY day until my son is born and practice on a doll to make sure I have these 5 S techniques down. They look like they work from the video - but since I have no live baby to practice on - that remains to be seen! Will update when little one is here!
on October 9, 2015
Learned so much! Wish I watched it before my baby was born!