Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,544 reviews
on October 28, 2015
Taking care of a baby for my wife and I was a relative breeze (we have had four). We had all of our kids sleeping through the night by 9 weeks, and even when they were not yet sleeping through the night they still were sleeping in blocks of several hours at a time so that we were only getting up in the middle of the night once or twice a night. Lots of moms used to say that we were just "lucky" to have easy kids, but after a repeating pattern with all four kids, they have all had to admit that we "must be doing something right." People ask us all the time what is our secret. This is it.

We based our baby care plan on two sources:
1. On Becoming Baby Wise
2. The Happiest Baby On The Block

The first one addresses putting your baby on a scheduled feeding and sleeping plan. The second one addresses the best way to keep your baby sleeping once you put him/her down. This video teaches you how to get your baby to calm down and sleep, shows you how swaddling prevents your baby from waking him/herself up by involuntary reflexes which all babies make, and reveals what your baby's crying really means. You know that mom on public transportation who can't get her baby to stop crying? You wish she had watched this video!
on October 3, 2014
Seemed like a very quick video, something you could just find online (you tube) since he only has the 5 methods. However, it was nice to watch with the hubby.. Sometimes short and to the point keeps men from zoning out. No offense to all the awesome hands on dads out there!! Mine just isn't one of them ;)
on July 19, 2011
I bought this DVD with the book to help me figure out how to help calm my colicky 6 week old baby. I definitely recommend getting the book. You could probably skip the DVD and just head to the Happiest Baby website to see the 5 S's modeled. The DVD is good for learning how to swaddle correctly, knowing how loud to shush and how to jiggle properly, but again, I think you could find this for free on youtube. Also, check your local library for a copy because once you see it, you probably won't have to watch it twice.
on January 28, 2017
This is the fourth time I have purchased this DVD as a baby shower gift for friends. 11 years ago when someone gave this to me at my baby shower I didn't think much of it. I put it down and never gave it much thought. Several months later I gave birth to my very first baby girl. We brought her home from the hospital and there came a point in time when she would not stop crying. I was in tears, my husband was almost in tears we just didn't know what to do. It was at that point i remembered the DVD and, out of sheer desperation we put it in the DVD player to watch. The video was fairly short and went over the steps one by one. IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY and my beautiful baby girl stopped crying. It was magic. I will never forget it. I will continue to purchase this DVD for every baby shower I attend.
on August 2, 2015
Good tips, can be a 5 minute video though.
-feed your baby
-swaddle your baby
-rocking your baby calms it (especially on its side)
-white noise is great for your baby
on September 3, 2015
The tips in this DVD worked very well when our son was born. Results may vary, but for us it turned out to really help keep him calm and happy :)
on August 14, 2015
I was asked 7 years ago to view this DVD by my daughter, who was expecting her first. I was so taken that I started giving these away to my customers, so far over 30 of them in six years.
on July 29, 2015
Best swaddling advice! I finally can do a proper swaddled. I thought my little one hated swaddling, but it turns out...swaddling alone won't calm the baby. Best $14 bucks spent!
on October 15, 2015
Great Book! Must watch or read for new parents and even parents on their 2nd or 3rd baby that have not learned these basic steps.
on April 11, 2016
Amazing, magic, baby voodoo. This is NOT just rocking the baby. This is a completely different technique that grandma has never seen. 90% of the time this calmed our baby in under a minute, and had him asleep in five. The other 10% he needed something- more nursing, a diaper change, he needed to poo, something.

Seriously, watch this now. We watched it when our baby was three weeks old and we were kicking ourselves for waiting so long! Three weeks of crying could never be undone!

Stopped working around 4-5 months old. As Dr. Karp says, this is really for the first three months or so.