Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on August 31, 2014
I read the happiest baby on the block when my baby was four months old. As a working & nursing mom I was so sleep deprived & desperate to find a solution. I gave my husband the cliff notes version & day 1 there was such a difference! We have used Dr. Karps methods literally everyday since. I even emailed him asking a question & he emailed me back which was pretty cool to hear back from Dr. Karp himself. Now our baby is 13 months & we're seeing bits & pieces of her toddler phase already. My husband & I watched the happiest toddler on the block the other night before bed & have been trying out what we learned only for the last two days. I can already tell when my daughter is upset & we use his methods she looks at me like 'mommy you understand me!' Dr. Karp has made us feel like we know what we're doing as parents or at least for that small moment we do.
on December 6, 2015
Too many of us believe that the terrible twos illustrate spoiled children. Dr. Karp teaches you respectful parenting which proves that heavy handed discipline is not necessary or even beneficial. Gentle teaching helps your child develop stronger character, stronger social skills, and resilience. Respectful and understanding of the fact that children have primitive brains, and are too often lost in a sea of confusion and struggle to communicate. Although it is a very different way to think about your relationship with your child, it is effective and has long term results. In fact, these ideas are also useful for your efforts to understand your teenager (teenagers are also developing emotional and communication skills, combined with that stew of hormones (creating emotional havoc.) The reflective process demonstrated is also useful for interaction with autistic children and angry adults. :)
on June 8, 2017
A must gift for new parents. Companion piece to "Happiest Baby on the Block.Have been in Labor and Delivery for three decades. I bought this for my new moms to watch. Rave reviews.
on December 9, 2015
Dr. Karp does a great job explaining the techniques to manage toddlers. Some concepts are basic and just make sense. He balances the parent's responses with positive time with your child. Video is varied with instructions, examples and lists. Packaged well with chapter list printed.
on October 8, 2016
I started reading this book, and wanted my husband to start implementing a few of the techniques. I downloaded the instant video from Amazon that follows the book and watched it with hubby. Thank you so much for the recommendation as I don't want to become a mother that replies, "no," "stop," "wait," and "un-ugh" after all the energy is spent. The movie was a little dated; the techniques were positively timeless! Thanks again.
on July 31, 2015
It is interesting and I am not disappointed that we bought this, however, it did not seem to be as informative as the first DVD, Happiest Baby on the Block. It was still helpful though. The concept of Toddler-ese is working for us some of the time.
on September 1, 2017
i've read better parenting books. The best so far is CHRISTLIKE PARENTING by Glenn I. Latham
on May 29, 2013
I have not perfected the art of toddler-ese but this does help. We have the book and the video. You have to have an open mind about trying this technique. My husband told me never to do this in public. But, you know what? If it works, who cares if people are staring at you. You have to parent your own way. I recommend anything by Dr. Karp.
on March 8, 2016
My husband and I were very happy with Happiest Baby on the Block; the 5S's were a lifesaver. However, we tried some of the techniques in the Happiest Toddler on the Block, and they didn't work for us. In theory, I can see how they might work for some people, but it wasn't the right fit for our toddler.
on July 14, 2014
This book is a must read for anyone with a pre toddler or toddler. I am not saying it can stop tantrums etc but at least it can give you a look inside what is like to be a toddler. I am sure it is frustrating to be little and not be able to communicate or not do what big people do etc. I appreciate his view point. I love happiest baby on the block!!!