Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 8, 2017
A must gift for new parents. Companion piece to "Happiest Baby on the Block.Have been in Labor and Delivery for three decades. I bought this for my new moms to watch. Rave reviews.
on December 9, 2015
Dr. Karp does a great job explaining the techniques to manage toddlers. Some concepts are basic and just make sense. He balances the parent's responses with positive time with your child. Video is varied with instructions, examples and lists. Packaged well with chapter list printed.
on July 31, 2015
It is interesting and I am not disappointed that we bought this, however, it did not seem to be as informative as the first DVD, Happiest Baby on the Block. It was still helpful though. The concept of Toddler-ese is working for us some of the time.
on March 8, 2016
My husband and I were very happy with Happiest Baby on the Block; the 5S's were a lifesaver. However, we tried some of the techniques in the Happiest Toddler on the Block, and they didn't work for us. In theory, I can see how they might work for some people, but it wasn't the right fit for our toddler.
on July 14, 2014
This book is a must read for anyone with a pre toddler or toddler. I am not saying it can stop tantrums etc but at least it can give you a look inside what is like to be a toddler. I am sure it is frustrating to be little and not be able to communicate or not do what big people do etc. I appreciate his view point. I love happiest baby on the block!!!
on November 5, 2013
I am a new grandmother to a 1-1/2 year old, who can be quite a challenge at times. I enjoyed this DVD; especially on how to handle a toddler who is pitching a fit in a way that makes you appreciate the child's point of view. I have successfully used the technique where you sort of mimic their frustration on the same level as the toddler at the same time they are throwing their fit (yes, I even used the childish baby voice and everything). It's kind of hard to explain unless you watch the DVD, but the result was that it kind of startled, distracted and stopped her dead in her tracks (not to mention the neighboring diners.) This has worked like a charm for me at home and in restaurants. You may need to do it several times before they settle down, but I find the trick is to do it before she reaches that "red zone" or the point of no return where nothing I do will get her to stop quickly. If I took anything away from this program, it is this technique. It has worked well so far; that alone was worth the price of the DVD.
on September 11, 2015
I read the book and watched the video 3 times. I have a "spirited" toddler. He just becomes more enraged and upset when I try this technique. I thought I was doing it wrong so I watched a few more times. It did not help my 2 year old or me! Maybe it works for other kids. Good luck!
on November 24, 2015
I will update this if it winds up working in the long run. I have found happiest toddler to not be nearly so effective as happiest baby on the block. Our son (18 months when we first tried it, now 21 months) seems to get more enraged when we use some of these techniques. I'm not sure, but I think he thinks we're mocking him. Involving him in doing daily chores (cooking dinner, putting things away, putting things in the trash, closing the fridge door, etc) is helpful in helping stay calm and engaged. We were doing that already and have had none too many tantrums. Hopefully it's more of an age/development issue and the caveman language winds up working in time.
on January 9, 2011
our son is still a baby, but i thought i would prepare myself for what was in store in the upcoming years with him. this video is clear, concise, and easy to follow, but, the biggest stumbling block it has is the method itself in which you, as the parent, are to mimic the toddler's emotions and actions in order to validate his/her feelings. i'm sure it's effective, but i just can't imagine myself making that much of a fool of myself in public. if i get desperate enough, i suppose i'd try it, however.
on January 1, 2013
I have not read the book but the video is excellent and perfect for expecting and current parents. I also watched Dr. Karp's other video and was also impressed.