Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 31, 2016
I wanted to be inspired to follow in her footsteps to be happy, but it was a one size doesn't fit all. Great story about her and how she became happy, but wasn't something that I could walk away with my own new perspective. I bought it when I was feeling down, and although happy for her, didn't relate to me very much.
on February 17, 2018
I chose this book because I am in a slump. 2017 has not been been the best year and I feel stuck. I would like to do some personal re-evaluation. I thought this book would be a good place to start.

I love Gretchen Rubin’s writing style. I also like how she clearly says that your Happiness Project will be different than hers. But her 12 commandment idea is where I will start— but with my own 12 of course. And my 12 month project will look different than Rubin’s. But I appreciate the insight she gave about her thought process and why things were important to her. I found myself thinking about Rubin’s goals for the month and deciding what was and was not important to me. This week, I will be sketching out my Happiness Project (taking into consideration that I’ll be overseas for 32 days). I am already excited about what 2018 will hold!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2017
I loved reading "The Happiness Project", and I'm already reading through it a second time, so I can work on applying several of Rubin's different ideas. I really like how one can just pick this book up and pretty much start anywhere. Her ideas are backed by in depth research, and she provides great details from her personal experience going through this happiness project. I plan on purchasing her next book. If you like self-improvement books, read this one.
on July 11, 2017
At first I was skeptical because I'm not a fan of self-help books or most non-fiction, but Rubin's writing style was so approachable. It read more like a novel and it wasn't really a self-help book at all, although I do feel like it has and will continue to help me be better. In many ways, I related to Rubin and I'm sure that helped with my enjoyment. I want to go back and read it again already and start figuring out some of my own resolutions!
on October 18, 2017
I avoided this book for a long time, but it was recommended to me by someone who has real challenges in her life, and I wondered why she found encouragement in it. In someone else’s hands, this whole concept could have been trite and silly, but Gretchen Rubin’s approach to defining and working through her kinks and quirks to achieve happiness by living better in her own skin is illuminating, instructive, entertaining and thought-provoking. Her resolutions, her challenges, her wins and failures are the same as ours, but her deliberate and focused framework and markers and her study of the topic of happiness lends credence to the value of focusing on even our smallest improvements in our actions, attitudes and behavior as a way to improve our own lives, our family’s lives and our community. A realistic, genuinely practical (but not easy), lifelong approach to making the constant adjustments we know we need to be our best selves.
on January 27, 2018
I first read Better Than Before and thought it was just ok in writing and information, although I did glean a few interesting tid bits. However, it piqued my interest in the Happiness Project, and I immediately started reading it. I feel like the Happiness Project was a much more likeable Gretchen than in Better Than Before. She was honest about her motivations, short-comings and personality quirks. Since I share many of these same qualities, I quickly identified with her specific project and desired to follow a similar game plan. I also love how well read Gretchen is and the many resources she draws on and offers as inspiration throughout the book. Honestly, I found the inclusion of the blog comments tedious and uninteresting for me personally, but I can see how others would enjoy the varied points of view and additional input.
on January 12, 2014
This book held my interest and I keep thinking back on it now that I am long finished reading it. This book is on my Kindle and I find myself wishing I bought a hard copy to go back and easily re-read, highlight, etc. I know I can do that on my Kindle but it isn't my "go to". The author gives many real life ideas on how to experience and create more happy moments. I love her sense of humor and honesty. I always find it somewhat sad when women decide (realize?) that their solution to their husband not helping out 50-50 is to stop asking them to help out at that rate or be upset when they don't. That was the only part of the book in which I cringed a bit. Otherwise, I give it a full thumbs up! I particularly love the parts when she and her husband employ positive parenting strategies for their adorable girls. The organizational tips are fabulous!!
on February 1, 2018
My wife originally bought this book, and I decided to start reading it after finishing another and not having something else rest to go. I also thought it couldn't hurt because I've been feeling pretty negative lately.

I was skeptical about whether reading about someone else's quest for happiness would be relevant to me, but I got a lot out of this read. I'm not sure I'm ready to make a resolutions chart of my own, but there are lots of insights in this book that I think most anyone would find helpful.
on December 12, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. It is not a "self help" book or one that tells you what you need to do to be happy. It just describes the author's experience. What I really liked about it is that it isn't all personal without anything to back it up. She does a great deal of research to tell you why these things contributed to her happiness.
on February 21, 2018
This is a great book! I needed something to help me get out of a rut and add perspective, this book was a great fit! Although the author and I are at different places in parenting, that did not prevent me from taking away great ideas to implement into my own day! Thank you!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse