Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on September 25, 2014
This book is precious. We have this as a part of our home library. We bought a few of these books and packaged one with a handmade crocheted children's hat. Added the two items and some raffia...made a beautiful package and sold well at the school fundraising silent auction. The book has incredibly beautiful illustration and fun story. This is the hard cover version. Our fist copy was paperback only available through school sales I believe.
on January 16, 2014
This is a classic book, great story and beautiful illustrations! Jan Brett is a talented author and illustrator. I love her work.
on September 1, 2016
I read this to my son when he was little, and I now give it as gifts to other children. The story and illustrations are beautiful! I also recommend the other books by Jan Brett. Great coffee table books!
on March 12, 2015
After Jan Brett's 'The Mitten' became such a fav. with my two grandsons, we had to move on to 'The Hat.' A great story, funny, charming, with the usually-wonderful illustrations Brett is known for. This is another 'keeper' book, which in my family will be passed on to younger children, when the older ones are too old for it. (Which might be never; we all love kids' books in this family.)
on January 13, 2016
I love Jan Brett, and this book is an adorable companion to the Mitten. Lovely pictures for children and I like the slightly preposterous story lines involving animals. I also enjoy how the pictures have other little pictures around the border, it is also so detailed and thought out. Unlike most kid's books that are garishly revolting and look like they were illustrated in a matter of minutes by a subhumanoid robot with no sense of aesthetics and beauty.
on January 4, 2011
A classic book. As always, Jan Brett provides amazing illustrations and side illustrations which allow for exploring ideas with your child. Full of imagination and woodland characters this is a book my child read over and over again.
on December 18, 2011
The Hat is an adorable story by Jan Brett, and my preK class did a play with this story for their winter concert. As the children were acting out the story, I sat on stage reading this big book.

The only trouble (with any big book that is wider than it is tall) is that it was significantly wider than the easel it was resting on. However, the cover of the book was sturdy enough that it held itself up fairly well without flopping backwards.
on January 27, 2013
An excellent story plus the art work isw terrific!!! You can use this story in the class room to act out the story. (The children can make the mitten and then color the animals. Put them on a popicle stick to stick in the m,itten.)
on February 14, 2015
Bought Jan Brett's "The Hat" and " The Mitten" at the same time for my snowed-in grandkids. They LOVED them both! These are such neat stories, the author is wonderful, the folk stories are charming, and the artwork is exquisite!! Would recommend them without hesitation for any toddler and older!
on July 31, 2013
It came right on time. Much faster than I anticipated. The condition was perfect and new. The story is so cute and the artwork is amazing! The artwork itself is like three different stories in itself which is great because the pictures make you want to look everywhere and put the story together. I am an illustrator so I love the creativity and the amount of work put into the story and the artwork.