Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on November 10, 2012
I purchased 150 Healthiest Comfort Foods without being familiar with the author. This cookbook quickly became my favorite- the recipes are relatively easy and healthy. For each recipe the author briefly explains how the recipe was made healthy and adds interesting side notes. I also like that the author includes substitutions for some of the ingredients you may not have on hand. I have made several of the recipes and my family has loved them all. My picky kids even request the chicken tenders and meatloaf on a regular basis. Very, very pleased.
on January 29, 2013
I have a growing collection of Jonny Bowden books and this one is my current fave. The recipes are simple to make and so flavorful. I made the meatloaf recipe using ground turkey instead of beef and it was so moist and delicious. The mashed potatoes, something I thought I could no longer indulge in, are fantastic, and I never missed the heaps of butter and whole milk. Can't wait to try the mac & cheese and some of the desserts. Reccommended for healthier eating without missing out on old favorites.
on September 9, 2011
I am a huge fan of these cookbooks. I own several versions and have yet to try anything that hasn't been good. Johnny makes it very easy to make good food and common recipes healthier without making them taste bad.
on February 17, 2016
A lot of talk and cheesy recipe names for just a few simple recipe tweaks. Some decent recipes if you are a beginning "healthy" cook but I found the commentary annoying and condescending.
on January 17, 2014
Tasty recipes, sound health information, good photographs. I am a diabetic. Not all of the recipes work for me, but most do and the complete nutrition data (every cookbook should provide this!) is very helpful.
on August 23, 2016
Great book
on March 18, 2015
as a companion to Bowden's 150Healthiest Food on Earth this is nice.
on March 25, 2015
Heavy use
on December 29, 2014
Well worth it.
on December 3, 2012
We really like all of Jonny Bowden's books. We have purchased most of his collection. This was and it a great addition.