Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on July 4, 2016
These recipes are very easy to follow and delicious. Delicious being very important to me. The ingredients are things I have in the house most of the time anyway, and even my meat loving friends have enjoyed the vegetarian dishes. The different lasagnas (without noodles) were especially popular. I have given away three copies as gifts, after trying numerous recipes, and each recipient enjoys using it as much as I do! Great cookbook.
on March 14, 2014
Mollie Katzen has published another great cookbook full of wonderful vegetarian fare. My only complaint of the book is the photography. I would have preferred her drawings (or even nothing at all) to the photos that accompany the recipes in this book. There is a certain lack of creativity in these photographs that is quite surprising to see in a modern food publication.
on March 19, 2017
Item received as described in a reasonable period of time. thanks
on November 30, 2014
Beautiful photography complements the imaginative and varied recipes. The Moosewood cookbooks were so dour and utilitarian
that this book is a surprise. It has such a joyful attitude toward food. As Katzen says in her introduction, "My food is sharper, livelier, spicier, lighter, and more relaxed than it used to be".

I've begun to use my Kindle Fire in the kitchen to cook from.
on April 28, 2014
As a family of life long vegetarians, I am very familiar with Mollie Katzen's tasty, easy to prepare because of clearly worded recipes, and variety. I especially like the vegetarian menus which all include a dessert. Vegan menus are also included. In the past, I have only purchased the soft cover books, which had no color pictures. This hard cover contains many inspiring pictures. A 'must' for anyone who cooks for vegetarians, or for those who just want to eat better.
on August 10, 2016
So excited when I saw this on my porch! I have wanted this book for a long time and getting it "used" was a great deal! I use the term used very lightly as this book is virtually perfect. No damage at all to the spine of the cover, pages are clean and intact. Arrived as promised by Motor City Books.

Thank you!
on February 22, 2014
Got this as a present for my best friend and she loves it
She has always liked the Moosewood cookbooks, and when I heard the author being interviewed on our local NPR station, KQED in SF/San Jose, CA I knew it would be the perfect book for her. She has already made 5 of the dishes, and told me this is the only Moosewood book with pictures of the food--so thats a plus. I would say this is a great gift for anybody who is a vegetarian style cook.
on January 19, 2014
This is a perfect cookbook to illustrate how vegetarian eating has evolved. The recipes are easy to follow and include ingredients that are a must in a way of eating that is almost mainstream now. I bought copies for my grown children for Christmas and apologized for being such a bad cook. I struggled for many years as a vegetarian and raising children without meat. Soy milk and tofu were considered fringe and hard to find. Mollie Katzen has included vegan options and entices us to eat in a way that includes plant based options instead of just excluding animal products.
on August 31, 2014
This book is beautiful, the recipe instructions are clear enough for even me to follow, and the results are good to great from every recipe we've tried. Just in case this sounds like something you'd expect from any recipe book, let me assure you that is not the case. I bought this book because we had a different vegetarian cookbook that did not let us produce good results. My wife is happy with "The Heart of the Plate". That's high praise.
on September 6, 2017
While I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, many of them look delicious. Lovely food photographs, although I like the Mollie Katzen illustrations in her older books. Happy to add it to my cookbook collection.