Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on May 26, 2016
The Heart of Yoga is a great book explaining topics like the history of yoga, koshas, yamas, niyamas etc. If you want to dig deeper in your yoga practice, I'd definitely recommend!
on May 27, 2017
This book is the prerequisite for anyone beginning a physical yoga practice as well as yoga meditation.
on September 22, 2016
An AMAZING book for anyone wanting to know more about yoga. It takes classic literature (sutras of Patanjalli) and the philosophy of the yoga practice and makes it so clear and easy for anyone to understand, even us "westerners". I would recommend it to anyone!
on August 23, 2016
This book lives up to its title. It provides a true understanding of how to practice yoga.
on September 17, 2013
This book gives an excellent review of the basics of yoga, the tradition, and practical applications of basic techniques to achieve real-world results. The translation of the yoga sutras at the end of the book is my favorite part, as Desikachar is able to convey the essence of the text in a way that is universal to all people, showing us that yoga as a method can be just as easily applied to seeking self-realization as to making us better at our professions and loving our family members. I recommend this book to all beginners, all you middle-aged-ladies who work 40 hours a week have very little time and energy but want gentle exercise that helps restore you, ALL students going through teacher training, philosophy nuts, and anyone who is wondering whether yoga might be able to help them with a problem or weakness in their life but they aren't sure how to approach it. If you are looking for a book that will teach you power yoga, strong vinyasas, tips and tricks for getting into better headstands, or how to do anything with your kundalini, this book does not contain much on those avenues.
on June 2, 2016
The Heart of Yoga is easy to read and understand. He gives real life examples when explaining things. The book dose not force the yogi way onto you. It explains all the Origins or yoga. It goes in to depth about asanas, breathing practices, about 8 limbs of yoga, and much more. I haven't started my YTT yet, but I feel that this book has changed me. If you practice yoga and want to deepen your practice this is what you need to read. I recomend this book for everyone!

The book was in great condition when I received. It is a great size and very durable for a paper back.
on November 5, 2016
An important work about Yoga, to be sure. Definitely one for the collection for any serious student of Yoga. This is about the REAL Yoga, and not just about asanas.
on January 25, 2017
Most excellent. Trade

Required reading for any serious practitioner of yoga. Simply brilliant, authentic and uplifting.
on December 29, 2014
I had to buy this book for my 200hr RYT training. The first half of the book reads well, but I struggled with the second half. I felt some of the concepts and new terms in the second half could have been explained much better for someone who hasn't heard of the terms before. If you are already familiar with the terms and concepts, then you won't have trouble comprehending it. There is a lot of great information in the book, I just know I need to do some more studying rather than just reading through it.
on October 4, 2016
Very educational and well written. I feel that my yoga practice improved with the knowledge I gained from reading.