Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

91%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on December 24, 2014
I recently sent this cookbook to a friend in Australia - arrived totally without problems - and have had one of my own since it was first published. It is probably the easiest cookbook to follow I have ever run across and we have never made anything from it that wasn't fabulous. The idea of being able to eat Herbfarm food in your own home is worth buying the book in itself. Of course you don't get the attentive wait staff and wine selections but you and your guests (do share the food with others!) can tour your own herb garden and relax in your own congenial setting.
on February 16, 2017
Absolute favorite cookbook of all time. This is such a great read and every herb/food combo is stellar.
on October 14, 2016
This is the best book I own on cooking with herbs. Trust me when I say this, I own a few. The author offers lots on wonderful, inventive recipes for using fresh herbs. I've been growing LOTs of culinary herbs this past summer for a religious institution, and I ordered a second copy of this book for their kitchen staff.
on June 19, 2011
I've found this book after eating at Poppy in Seattle (owned by the Author) 10-20 times in the past year.
After eating so well, I did a little online research and found this book by Jerry. If you read the other reviews here and love cooking - you would come to realize that you must have this book. Yes - you must.
Me and a friend of mine are cooking from this book in the past few months and the dishes were always exquisite! So good and flavourful.
The carrot salad is to die for, the lavender rhubarb pie is divine, the slow roested tomatos are so good that it became a house favorite.

All the dishes' ingredients are full with herbs joy, I've never heard of some of them before the book but I'm so glad I cook with them now (e.g. Sorrel, Angelica, Lovage etc').

You would learn to cook, to grow your herb garden and all about the priciples of cooking with herbs (matching, cutting, growing etc')

Worth every penny - you will not regret this buy - it became the one and only cooking book for me.

Oh, and you can find it used, so it's even a greater deal.

Enjoy
on April 14, 2007
The author of this book has a great talent with words. He truly writes stories that tell you the background of the recipes, bringing you the sights and smells and sounds. You can tell that he absolutely loves food in all its forms.

I have really enjoyed this cookbook and have tried several recipes. While some of them have been more "gourmet" than I usually cook, most of the recipes have actually sounded fancier than they are (which is a good thing - I meant they weren't as difficult to prepare as it might appear).

I love to read this book just as much as I enjoy cooking from it. I feel transported to the herb gardens of Seattle when I settle down to read it.
on June 8, 2014
Love The Herbfarm Cookbook! I ordered it for one particular recipe, and planned to copy that recipe and give the book to the library -- whose copy of the book was never returned by a borrower. Got that recipe, and tried it, and found another that I just "had" to try. That recipe worked well enough that I fixed it again for company. And so I've decided to keep the whole book!
on September 12, 2014
The Herbfarm Cookbook is a great recipe book for cooking novices or the home chef who simply enjoys to cook, but wants to learn more about technique and explore a higher level of cooking. I absolutely love this book. It provides technical information, as well as detailed lovely recipes.
on May 23, 2014
This book has wonderful recipes such as, herbed focaccia with rosemary, sage and thyme; and beef tenderloin steaks with red onions and tarragon relish- delicious. Bay Laurel Roasted Chicken and Lavender Shortbread cookies for dinner tonight. I love cooking with my herbs and this book has been a huge help.
on August 19, 2015
It was a great deal, except I as it was a present for my dad, I should have shipped it to him, since it cost me more to mail it via post office than the book cost.
HALL OF FAMEon July 29, 2004
I've been gourmet cooking and growing most of my own herbs now for years, some successfully, and others not so. In looking for some aid with what ails my herb garden, sought this one out as possibility.

It provided what I needed and more. What I needed was some specific help with cultivation and amount of each herb for the kitchen. Exactly one of the main portions of this book. The bonus is the exciting recipe collection that composes this award winning cookbook.

Feast your eyes and tastebuds on: Roasted Asparagus Salad with Fried Sage; Smoked Trout and Corn Pudding; Individual Crab and Lemon Thyme Souffles with Chervil Sauce; Shrimp and Tarragon Risotto; Poached Salmon Fillets with Tarragon Sauce; Grilled Flank Steak with Oregano Marinade; Apple-Rosemary Souffle; Red Pepper and Hazlenut Sauce.

If you're serious about cooking, this is must have on your shelves. Herbs and fresh ones are a must, and this provides advice from a pro oriented towards whatever size garden one can have.