Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on October 6, 2011
I visited the Hermitage in September 2011 and was in awe of the splendor and beauty of this spectacular once palace. I wanted a book that would do justice to the beauty I experienced in walking through this museum, I wanted to share with my family not just the grandeur of this wonderful museum but I wanted them to see the exhibits as well. The books in the museum were beautiful but I just didn't have the extra weight allowed in my luggage (always a problem when I travel). I arrived back in the states and immediately went to Amazon.com to do some research....this book is every bit as beautiful as any in the actual museum and is exactly what I was looking for. This is a book to leave out and let others enjoy....I have a room full of art and museum books but this one is taking center stage. You won't be disappointed...
VINE VOICEon October 30, 2010
This is a beautiful boxed set of two large volumes with wonderful photos and text. We purchased it as a keepsake after our trip to the Hermitage this past summer. We enjoyed looking through the books and rediscovering the masterpieces we saw in person. The box has a slight gold sheen to it that makes it look very luxurious and expensive. We've displayed it prominently in our living room. I would recommend it as a pre-trip purchase to help you decide what galleries you want to focus on during your visit to the Hermitage since it is a massive museum. It would be easy to miss an important masterpiece if you don't have a plan.
on October 30, 2013
Magnifiently printed, bound (with a jacket for both books) and delivered. Highly recommend this seller for quality and promptness. The books are the next best thing to visiting The Hermitage collections. Definitely a collectible item for those who love art, palaces and exquisite everything. Rizzoli, as usual, does justice to his top-notch reputation. Books are spellbinding in every respect and they will enrich further my forthcoming trip to The Hermitage, St. Petersburg and Moscow.
on November 7, 2011
Excellent reference books on the Hermitage collections. Because of crowds, limited time, and equipment, these books fill a niche that you will never achieve with your own photographs.
on April 25, 2017
Absolutely incredible......I love it.
on July 13, 2014
Visited St, Petersburg in 2008 and spent two days going thru the Hermitage (need to take at least that much time) but didn't leave with any art books these books filled that void their big and heavy but are very comprehensive and have beautiful pictures of many of the paintings and sculptures I seen and photographed myself the rooms and palace are a work of art also just a beautiful experience if your going to see this museum or have already been there this is a great set of books to have to either bring back memories or give you an idea of what to expect on your visit.
on December 19, 2016
Beautiful and amazing. Excellent quality! Worth every penny. Almost like being there.
on April 29, 2012
This set of two very large books is very good, but not perfect. It certainly only touches upon the vast collection in the Hermitage, but it includes images of all the famous pieces I wanted to see. The colors seem right and all of the images are large, but I have two complaints, one minor, one not so minor: There are a small number of reproductions that are not quite in focus. Worse, there are several paintings, including Matisse's Harmony in Red, that span the binding - a very serious crime in my opinion!

But you can't beat this price. (The back of the box say $95.00)
on August 27, 2011
un excellent choix pour découvrir un des plus beau et fameux musées du monde, super photos, je conseille fortement ces deux volumes
à tous ceux qui aiment l'Art et la Russie!
on January 15, 2014
These are two beautiful albums, and are a perfect memory of my visit to the Hermitage. So well presented, very comprehensive, on good paper, well bound and not expensive. Whether you have been to the Hermitage or not, the two books are a must for art lovers.