Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Hills: Season 6
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on October 28, 2010
A number of years ago this series started by following Lauren Conrad from the last episode of Laguna Beach Season 1 to California. The first two or three seasons, in my opinion, were great and very believable. From the third season on, it was obvious that the whole thing was becoming too popular, staged and that acting and random former Laguna cast members were brought in to create more "drama". Also, Lauren was and is "The Hills". I found it very fitting that the only cast member who actually went to school, internships, got a job and started a career was the first to jump off the sinking ship. After Lauren left the church early at Heidi and Spencer's wedding in season 5, this series should have been over. Instead, MTV decided to double dip in the Laguna Beach pot and bring in the most annoying character (although the hottest) from the series, Kristin Cavalleri. There is no real understanding as to where she came from. And it just seemed extremely forced and desperate for the show producers to run with this idea.

Lauren Conrad seems like a very mature, driven and smart young lady. I am looking forward to her new reality show that focuses more on her real life than petty "drama", boyfriends and visits to the club every night.

The death blow to the show was the creation of a romantic relationship between the two lamest cast members, Brody Jenner and Kristen Cavalleri. Both of whom are just painfully boring. Two rich and jobless people who do nothing but go to clubs and complain about petty garbage. So all that's left is LC hanger-on Lo, Spencer's sister, the Audrina and "Justin Bobby" relationship and her brief fling with former one hit wonder Ryan Cabrerra. Yawn! Predictable, boring, garbage. To make things worse, Heidi and Spencer disappear from the series for an unknown or explained reason. The series ends in a Laguna Beach graduation episodes-esque manner. All the girls sit around talking about what they will do next in their lives and then have a going away party! Oh yeah, people are supposed to look at this as a "reality" show. So on the last episode it's very convenient that the cast has a "future plans" talk and a pool party. This is like Laguna Beach "graduation and moving away talk" and "graduation party/leaving town". Lame move. The series then ends with Brody and Kristin basically saying that the series was partially or completely staged and acted out as the Hollywood sign background rolls away to expose a Hollywood studio lot. The final season of the Hills was all hype and absolutely no delivery.

The DVD itself is very basic. Just the episodes. No special features. I have a feeling that MTV will release a complete season box set one of these days, so I'd say to stay away from this DVD purchase for awhile. If anything, the price will only go further down.

2/5. Entertaining just to see how it would end. Very disappointing for a final season. The DVD itself is unimpressive with no special features.
on May 2, 2012
I was surprised that I liked this season with the absence of LC. I actually really liked it. I am happy Kristin was back for Season 6, as she always adds a whole new dynamic to the show! I also liked to see that everyone got along a lot better in this season. Of all the seasons though, this seemed to be the most staged. While its understandable, there was a certain cheese factor. The cast was overly done up when they shot episodes, it made the show seem really fake. While its understandable, that with all the fame the cast has gained from the show it is unrealistic to be able to shoot the show without any staged set ups, it could have been done a lot better.

I did enjoy the ending, especially, if you remember towards the end of the show how the media was saying how fake the whole show was. It was fun to see MTV admit that not all of it is real. All in all, I am a big fan of the hills and wished Kristin would have been around for all the seasons, which is why I loved this season so much!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 28, 2015
The Hills seasons are one of my guilty pleasures and I love to grab a disc, pop it in my DVD player and kick back with the crowd from The Hills every once in awhile. Even though it seems like most of this "reality" show is scripted, it still is fun to watch. I didn't find this season to be as enjoyable as the previous seasons with Lauren and Whitney but if you are fan of The Hills, I would still recommend watching this final season to see how everything wraps up. I was very sad to see the show end but I just start watching the seasons over again to relive the fun memories! I really enjoyed all of the seasons of this show and recommend them to anyone who wants a fun show to watch.
on May 19, 2015
I bought it to finish out the series....but sadly I hate this season...and season 5 pt 2...
You can tell they are scripted, remember Kristen is an "actress". Lauren and Whitney were real and true and I believed the show was real with them. They had jobs and went to school and did activities, where as in the last 2 seasons all they do is drink and eat and shop. Plus the best extras on the first 5.1 seasons
on September 10, 2014
Ok so first of all the day my boyfriend tells me i have to watch out for his ex and that shes a man eater is the day we break up. who puts up with this bologna? Justin has still no idea what he wants. Kristin is all over the place. she needs a job. Jade.. glad she is finally gone. I miss lauren, and whitney. Justin is a waste of show. The worst ending of a show ever.. obviously the show is fake but do you really have to make a big production over it? I am really disapointed that after 7 years of a show this is the ending we get?
on January 27, 2014
Dvds came on time and in great condition. Sad to see the Hills go! The only reason I gave 4 stars was because the DVDs hardly included any special features! It definitely would have been nice for the last season.
on December 6, 2011
The only reason I bought this episode to watch, I couldn't remember how weird Heidi looked after her decision to undergo a disgusting amount of plastic surgery. After I saw her face, I shut it off. I was a huge Lauren Conrad "The Hills" fan. Although I do like Kristen, the show just wasn't the same w/Conrad. The seasons after her, I felt were just pure ridiculousness. I mean , c'mon....if Spencer was REALLY that crazy and looney, he should have been locked up in a padded room.
on May 30, 2012
Huge fan of "The Hills." So sad to see it end but was disappointed with Lauren Conrad leaving the show. Good distraction entertainment.
on January 19, 2012
Not really sure about these but my wife loves it so therefore I give this a good review, If shes happy im happy
on January 24, 2013
the dvd video work perfectly and it was a new dvb video i really liked that i received the packgage in my address, everything was organized i just love it.