Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 438 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 494 reviews
on November 23, 2013
I love this game! I would have given it five stars, but I wanted the Rob Base number as advertised. Unfortunately, "It Takes Two" is not on the Wii version. Neither is Wiz Kalifa's "Work Hard, Play Hard."
on November 28, 2014
I'm by no means a professional dancer but can keep up with dance games decently well. This game in my opinion is too hard for any novice dancers especially if you're not used to dancing hip-hop style moves. There are definitely songs that are easier (marked by 1 out of 5 flames below the song title) but not as easy as the "easy" marked songs in Just Dance. It's not necessarily a con since this is a hip hop dance game.

My biggest problem with this game is that it is much harder to tell if you are doing the move right. I actually kept having to remember if "Cool" was better than "Nice" or not. Also, the dancing avatars are harder to follow. The moves just aren't as clear. I had moments of "OHHHH, is THAT what he's doing w/ his hands?" b/c there are flashing lights every where in the screen. This game was only made a couple of years ago but I seriously thought it was made 10 years ago. I agree w/ another reviewer that sometimes the moves don't seem to fit correctly w/ the beat. For example, during Chris Brown's "Run It" chorus part, I found myself wanting to do the move a bit quicker to fit the beat better. Or maybe just the move seemed too slow or a bit awkward.

A pro is the variety of songs. You'll get newer artists like Drake and Nicki but also older folks like New Edition and TLC.

This isn't a bad game to have in your collection b/c it is different. I'm ok w/ it b/c I paid half price but I would have been upset if I had paid full price.
on February 28, 2015
This game is probably the best dance game in my opinion, truly legit dance moves compared to dance central or Just dance. I wonder why they haven't released part 2? I am sure I'm not the only one waiting for a new release.

PROS: true dance moves, great music selection, dance lessons, easy to learn moves.

CONS: Unable to download new songs, NO custom profile, NO custom avatar, NO new content.
on August 26, 2014
I absolutely love this game! It is a definite workout from showing you a whole routine you follow with your Wii remote control attached to your wrist you must follow along with,to breaking the moves down individually in another part of the game menu. You can dance battle against someone or just do your own thing. The only thing I did not care for is how you cannot click individually on the one you want to select by hitting the next button. If you barely move your wii remote over the next arrow it starts speeding through your selections of song/dance routines you have to choose from. Also,I wish it slowed down the break down of the dance you are learning on the individual screen instead of just going right into it and hoping you catch on to the move. Beyond those 2 issues,this game is awesome! You will definitely sweat and learn some great moves doing so! I may have to use some of these dance moves the next time I go dancing again!
on May 12, 2014
Gotta LOVE HIP HOP music and with this GAME - it shows you the moves and also has the SONGS to make you MOVE!!!
My 7 year old Daughter loves HIP HOP dancing and she has not fully used the GAME like the hoped because she has been distracted by others, but have no fear she will come back to it again soon.
Any of the Wii Dance Games are awesome.
on January 18, 2013
I bought this along with the just dance series mainly to have fun while getting some cardio in. I found this dance one to be my favorite of them all. Most of the songs are known hip hop classics and while the dance moves may not be as much cardio as the just dance ones, i felt i used my legs and overall felt the workout more with this as you hold your body in isometric ways without realizing it. Only downside is some songs have "breaks" where you can rest or watch the person on screen break dance. Dont' know if this was b/c they couldn't come up with dance moves while the rapping was going on or what. So basically, if you want a workout, jsut keep moving on your own during these brief breaks. Not all songs have this. Overall, i recommend this.
FYI- parents, the words are not printed on the screen as with other dance games. There is no swearing but as the lyrics can be a bit suggestive, depending on the song, i guess they figured they won't print it.
I highly recommend this game and hope they come out with future versions.
on January 27, 2015
This Wii dance game is so much more fun to me than the regular "Just Dance" versions. No lie though - some of the routines are really hard! I have had to do the "Dance Skool" for each one to learn each of the complicated moves. There was no way I could do these dances just by watching them! The home screen is really difficult to navigate and and first I thought it was just me but my friends had problems also. Good selection of songs, but I wish there were some more.
on April 2, 2015
I have played Just Dance for several years (which I love), and was looking for something different. What I like about this are the tutorials it has for each song. They break down all of the dance moves and give you time to practice each one for however long you want. It is a great workout, and when you have mastered the moves it is fun to play the game. It is a hard game to play if you don't know the moves - so the tutorials are a must for me.

Update: 1/2/16
I popped the game in to play, it no longer works. I have no idea why. It hasn't been damaged at all. Very disappointing.
on January 9, 2015
While I love dance games and bought it partially because I've exhausted my other Just Dance games, it is very hard to follow. It is not a pick up and play game. It takes so much time to learn it. They show one image for a few dance moves. What I did find helpful was that it showed two dancers onscreen doing the moves, one faced forward and the other from behind. It's fun but hard. If you're prepared to be barraged with the word "BUSTED" a lot when you mess up, the game might be for you! PS. They use three words as scoring- Hype, cool (I think), and busted.
on November 22, 2015
We absolutely love hip hop just dance what I like about this game is that the dance moves have great dance steps with it. In addition it teaches you coordination by having the dance moves from front view and back. Breaks in between for rest. Also it's hip hop who wouldn't love to dance to this type of music.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.