Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 28, 2014
I'm by no means a professional dancer but can keep up with dance games decently well. This game in my opinion is too hard for any novice dancers especially if you're not used to dancing hip-hop style moves. There are definitely songs that are easier (marked by 1 out of 5 flames below the song title) but not as easy as the "easy" marked songs in Just Dance. It's not necessarily a con since this is a hip hop dance game.

My biggest problem with this game is that it is much harder to tell if you are doing the move right. I actually kept having to remember if "Cool" was better than "Nice" or not. Also, the dancing avatars are harder to follow. The moves just aren't as clear. I had moments of "OHHHH, is THAT what he's doing w/ his hands?" b/c there are flashing lights every where in the screen. This game was only made a couple of years ago but I seriously thought it was made 10 years ago. I agree w/ another reviewer that sometimes the moves don't seem to fit correctly w/ the beat. For example, during Chris Brown's "Run It" chorus part, I found myself wanting to do the move a bit quicker to fit the beat better. Or maybe just the move seemed too slow or a bit awkward.

A pro is the variety of songs. You'll get newer artists like Drake and Nicki but also older folks like New Edition and TLC.

This isn't a bad game to have in your collection b/c it is different. I'm ok w/ it b/c I paid half price but I would have been upset if I had paid full price.
on November 23, 2013
I love this game! I would have given it five stars, but I wanted the Rob Base number as advertised. Unfortunately, "It Takes Two" is not on the Wii version. Neither is Wiz Kalifa's "Work Hard, Play Hard."
on January 9, 2015
While I love dance games and bought it partially because I've exhausted my other Just Dance games, it is very hard to follow. It is not a pick up and play game. It takes so much time to learn it. They show one image for a few dance moves. What I did find helpful was that it showed two dancers onscreen doing the moves, one faced forward and the other from behind. It's fun but hard. If you're prepared to be barraged with the word "BUSTED" a lot when you mess up, the game might be for you! PS. They use three words as scoring- Hype, cool (I think), and busted.
on April 2, 2015
I have played Just Dance for several years (which I love), and was looking for something different. What I like about this are the tutorials it has for each song. They break down all of the dance moves and give you time to practice each one for however long you want. It is a great workout, and when you have mastered the moves it is fun to play the game. It is a hard game to play if you don't know the moves - so the tutorials are a must for me.

Update: 1/2/16
I popped the game in to play, it no longer works. I have no idea why. It hasn't been damaged at all. Very disappointing.
on December 31, 2013
This is a fun game, lot's of hits to dance to ranging from old skool like TLC-creep to more current songs like Chris Brown- Runnit, and B.O.B.- So good. The moves range from simple to more advanced depending on what song you choose. Some of your favorite songs have the actual moves from the videos , like Amerie-One thing, TLC-Creep, and New Edition- If it Isn't Love. Although it's fun to learn the full choreography and be able to do it right, it seems the score points are based more on how much you move the nunchuck. Overall, it's good fun for everyone in the family. Everyone can learn the moves and dance to it even if only one person is actually playing to be scored.
This game is fun and get you and the kids up off the couch. The music selection is pretty good, with songs from my "day" as well as stuff the kids like now. The songs make you want to move, which is obviously necessary for a game of this type.

There are 4 different modes to play in. It is a nice way to burn off some calories and stay active, either by yourself or with friends or family.

We have the Wii version, which seems to be a bit limited as far as customizing your player, but it's still fun regardless.

I give it 5 stars for music content and for the ability to keep everyone active while having fun.
on January 1, 2018
We put the disk in and the wii said it cannot read the disc. I removed it and put in just dance 2018 which is made by the same company and it read it and all other discs. I unplugged the machine, I checked the disc, I reset, I removed and replaced and nothing. Any sugestions? I have the original wii. I brought it with me to Costa Rica.
on February 28, 2015
This game is probably the best dance game in my opinion, truly legit dance moves compared to dance central or Just dance. I wonder why they haven't released part 2? I am sure I'm not the only one waiting for a new release.

PROS: true dance moves, great music selection, dance lessons, easy to learn moves.

CONS: Unable to download new songs, NO custom profile, NO custom avatar, NO new content.
on August 25, 2014
I've been dancing since I was 3. Hip hop is my all time favorite style to dance so I was excited when they came out with this. I will admit some of the dances are a little hard to keep up with (but I blame that on being a left, so I always try to do things backwards from what I'm watching on the screen.... So that messes up with doing the moves right sometimes), but it has great song choices, the dances are fun to do, even if you aren't doing them right, and its a great game to play.
on December 28, 2012
Good song choices. Nice variety of moves. This game would really be enjoyed by anyone that loves to dance but especially if you love hip hop dancing. Good workout too! plus, I love that I got the actual artists recordings and that the songs aren't rerecorded by someone I've never heard of before; that makes it more fun to play. It's similar to the "just dance" games but it has it's own uniqueness. For example, the moves are quicker and players have to focus on the cues that appear in the left bottom corner a little briefly but it's important to follow to know what step is next. Not sure if that can be changed during set-up. The choreography is very hip hop and so much fun for anybody that loves it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.