Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on September 18, 2007
My first exposure to Blue Cheer was back in the 60s at a cousin's house in sunny CA. He just got the record and put in on the family stereo. We did all right up until "Rock Me Baby" came on. If I remember right, the third stanza had a slurred version of "Well, f*** me, baby" The word sounded more like "faw", but I'm sure by now you get the picture. My aunt's eyes grew to about the size of saucers, not the kind upon which rests a dainty teacup but more like a flying saucer of the variety and size seen in "The Day the Earth Stood Still." My cousin stood in shock as the lyrics paraded themselves before the whole church-going family until he finally said, "I think maybe we've heard enough of that for now" and got the disc off of the turntable. As for me, I was between the proverbial rock (embarrassment) and a hard place (trying REALLY hard not to bust a gut laughing out loud). Later on, my cousin and I quietly checked out the rest of the album and found nothing offensive. That super psychadelic style virtually bent the way I look at music to this day. It doesn't get any more psychadelic than Blue Cheer. This CD in review is a good and definitive collection and nothing I'd be concerned about my grandkids hearing. It epitomizes the era and takes me back to the good ol' days, the 60s when I still believe music was at its very best. 5 out of 5 stars for me, dude. It's just totally groovy, man. Far out!
on March 23, 2017
blue cheer invented heavy metal in 1967.they were the loudest band until motorhead.they name them self after a heavy acid in the L.A. area.if you like heavy and loud bands check them out !
on July 25, 2013
I bought the CD to allow me to again hear the music that I grew up loving. I was not disappointed, The History of Blue Cheer brings back memories of the band's Wall of Sound. My only disappointment is that this CD did not come with the same ability to be downloaded to my phone or tablet. I had yet to figure out how to transfer the sounds over to my Amazon Cloud.
on January 27, 2011
Never heard of Blue Cheer before, Iwas looking for something different but similar to the Sabbs, Deep Purple and found it in these guys, great guitaring, reminded me of Spooky Tooth and Iron Butterfly. Dickies vocals can congure up a male versoin of Janice Joplin, the track Parchment Farm bring these qualities together, all in all a great sixties,seventies album, dig it man.
on February 18, 2017
TAKES ME BACK TO GREAT TIMES OF HARD ROCK OF THE 60'S. MY KIND OF ALBUM. EXCELLENT! THANKS AMAZON FOR MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR GREAT MUSIC AT GREAT PRICES! THIS ALBUM IS JUST TOP NOTCH FOR THOSE WHO LOVE BLUE CHEER! DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND BUY IT!!🕵
review image
on August 22, 2015
Luv it! Brought me back to the GREAT SIXTIES.One of my 1st albums,too.I was 15!
on October 14, 2010
I like this album, if you like this genre and I do, it will not disappoint you.
on January 2, 2017
They can play hard and still show a side of relative expression. Saturday song sounds great on Saturday mornings.
on January 1, 2017