Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 20, 2014
Laditan's tongue-in-cheek parenting guide had everyone in my house laughing - well, everyone except my toddler, who would probably agree with most of HT's suggestions. Seriously, I had to hide in the bathroom with my copy because my pre-teens kept stealing it from me to giggle over it themselves, so buy a lot of copies for everyone you know - you will need them.

While the writing is hilarious, it's also a great reminder of how difficult the adult world is for toddlers (and parents) to navigate. I find myself appreciating my child's view of things in a different and valuable way. Can't wait for the next book.
15 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2015
As someone who has followed the Honest Toddler Twitter feed for some time, I wasn't surprised at how funny this book was. But I was surprised at how useful it is as a parenting book. As the mother to an easy, laid back baby, I wasn't fully prepared for what the toddler years would bring. I bought this book for the laughs, but ended up being sincerely grateful to learn that my toddler's newly developed weirdness was just her being a toddler and not a sign of an underlying problem. Crying because she wants milk, then getting angry when I give her milk, then crying harder when I take the milk away? Normal. Refusing to eat the exact same food that is on my plate once I put it on her plate, and screaming until she can sit on my lap and literally take the food off the fork I'm trying to maneuver to my mouth? Normal. Her sudden, profound, fanatical opposition to pants? Normal. Thank you, Bunmi Laditan, for making me laugh AND for the excellent parenting advice.
11 people found this helpful
on May 19, 2014
I follow the Honest Toddler blog, so I had an idea what to expect from the book, but I was blown away. I'm not a parent, but have MANY small nieces and nephews and I found this book hilarious. I passed the book along to my sister who has a 3 year old and 2 year old twins and she found it just as funny as well. I read it in a night (I don't have kids yet, so I get to do these things still!) and I plan to read it again in the future when I have kids just to remind me what I've signed up for.
4 people found this helpful
on November 5, 2013
Such a fun book. Everything your toddler wish you understood about the way he thinks and behaves. It took me about halfway through the book before I had to remind myself that this isn't a "parenting" book. It's a humor book. But, it did help me to think of my toddler more like a person and less like a project (the Toddler Council would approve of that statement). Recommend it to all parents of wild cave children who are not potty trained and not trying.
3 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2015
I found myself laughing hysterically while reading this. Which was actually a bit of a problem because I had to stop so much. My own toddlers do some of the same things and it was hilarious to read a book about parenting from their point of view. I will never look at my child the same while they are throwing a "loud response" in the supermarket. Thank you Honest Toddler for keeping it real.

I think this book should be handed out in the hospital so new parents know what they have to look forward to. It was a quick read, and finding out how babies arrive is imaginative and hilarious. Did I mention hilarious? Any parent of children would love this.
One person found this helpful
on August 25, 2015
This book is hilarious, and brutally honest lol.
I am buying this for every baby shower I attend from now on so the new parents know what they are in for!
3 people found this helpful
on August 3, 2016
Too funny!!
One person found this helpful
on April 23, 2018
This was a Christmas gift for my daughter, and she loved it!
on September 11, 2014
I first discovered The Honest Toddler on Facebook, and I felt like I was reading my own toddler's thoughts and actions. Only funnier. This book is hilarious. It isn't something I sat and read in one sitting, but I would sit and read a couple chapters before bed at night and laugh hysterically. I hope there's another book in the works!
on July 20, 2014
Seriously laugh out loud funny. The toddler's perspective is exactly what we all think to ourselves at times :) about our little tyrants. I mean, darlings. My favorite section deals with "infant sibling disease" and how it's much better to keep all babies out of sight. And sharing... the section on sharing is fantastic!!!