Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

93%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on January 28, 2017
A beautiful book with a wonderful connecting message. The book has interesting looks at a different era, a good solid message about the meaning of family and how a father looks out for his family and those connected to him as friends and extended family. There are diagrams that fold out and it can provide a wider range of discussion with your child I would think.
on February 16, 2015
Is a very beautifully illustrated, personal (auto)biography, that touches on many facets of life in China during World War II. Best for older children (9-13) because the attention span required, but an excellent rendition. I plan to incorporate this book into my classroom.

Teacher-fan-of-Ed-Young
on November 19, 2012
I bought the book because we currently live in China and I wanted our children to learn about it through stories as well. My daughter (aged 9) really loved hearing the story and she often asked for the book. The illustrations are interesting and the story is captivating.
on December 27, 2011
This is a wonderful recollection that intertwines architecture, politics, family life and childhood perceptions, beautifully illustrated by a Caldicott winner, the son of an architect who built his family a house in what was then the outskirts of Shanghai.
on May 29, 2013
I am a huge fan of Ed Young and his books. This book gave me a glimpse into his childhood. As with all his books, the illustrations are well done. I recommend this book to anyone who has enjoyed any book by Ed Young.
on October 2, 2013
Not real sure I would have picked it up on my own in the bookstore, but was glad when it came recommended through our neighborhood book club.
on February 11, 2014
Good book, nice art media was cool the manner in which it was done. Ed Young's book are always top notch.
on August 10, 2012
it's a great experience shopping with amazon, things are just much cheaper and they inform you every update during the shipment. it's cool book to read. interesting too. it's like chinese version of ten thousand questions of why. I have read something similar ten years ago. :)