Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 5, 2014
I have designed my clothing for years and also owned a window covering business where I spent endless hours in drapery workrooms working with seamstresses in order to come up with a beautiful finished product. The detail and intricacy of any design-with-fabric business is both time consuming and very fulfilling. This movie took me back into the world of fabrics and designs. The clothing worn by both lead actresses was stunning. When they showed their seasonal lines to their clients, I could not take my eyes off the fashions. I can see why this series won awards for fashion design. Fashions during the 1920's had a lot of bead work, usually done by hand. You don't see that work any longer and it was a joy to behold during this series.

I also loved the language. It was so nice to not hear slang and harsh words like we hear on our TV today. Yes, people got angry and upset, but their vocal expressions were so much more palatable then what you see today. My last comment is that this series is primarily for women. I fully intend to watch it for many, many years to come.
47 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 2, 2014
Really got interested in the characters. Found the fashions of this era so much fun. Wish there had been more episodes.glad I bought it.
21 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2014
Loved this ---too bad BBC pulled it off without additional episodes---so in a way it leaves you hanging! I guess you have to
come to your own conclusion after final episode.
17 people found this helpful
on March 23, 2014
This was just as projected, 5 star. Service was quick and product was worthwhile. Highly recommend this and also these actors.
15 people found this helpful
on April 5, 2018
I saw this on TV back in the 1990s. I liked it even more this time, with its sharp portrayal of 1920s London, and the fashion world of the times. I had forgotten how abruptly it ends, as the show was canceled without warning by BBC. I wish it had gone on for more seasons, as I would've liked to have seen the characters reactions to the Depression, the 1930s fashion world, and the run up to WW2. Btw, my cat loves the theme song, and comes running to hear it.
on August 28, 2016
My wife and I enjoyed this series very much.. And it filled the void left when Downton Abbey ended..
4 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2014
This is a fabulous series. When I watched it 20 years ago I identified with Evie, Now I identify with Bea. The costumes and sets are lush and very well done. This show is filled with strong women. I would call it a feminist drama. I would also classify it as a gentle drama especially as far as language. There are villains you will love to hate; the stories/plots are interesting. The only drawback to watching these episodes on DVD is the lengthy plot summary you have to navigate through to get to the episode. Some of these contain spoilers so be careful!
2 people found this helpful
on August 20, 2016
great show with captions, only wish it wasn't just digital 5.0 because the audio will not play properly on blu-ray dvd player. intend to fix that with new tv to merge with new blu-ray/dvd player. i remember loving this show so much, it should be worth all that.
2 people found this helpful
on May 6, 2018
I love the period pieces and this one is fair, not great. If I had it to do over, I would not purchase this one as I only like the best in my collection. It doesn't have much variation to it, just kinda the same story over and over. Kinda boring after a while. I watched half of it and put it back on the shelf. Not really in the mood to finish it.
on March 19, 2014
This series has excellent plots, an outstanding cast, wonderful settings, and beautiful clothing.
We were disappointed that it ended so abruptly!
20 people found this helpful