Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 159 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 512 reviews
on October 13, 2013
While it is, in my opinion, not the best Dean Koontz novel I have ever read, it is one of the best. I prefer the Koontz novels that do not involve the deep dark supernatural conflict between good and evil. This book took me probably less time to read than any other of Koontz's books. It is a novel full of puzzles that make the reader ask why did this happen or why did he do that or more importantly how is he going to get out of this situation. Once again, Mr. Koontz lets the reader wait until the end to find the answers to these questions....just the way I like it.
on May 22, 2010
I have been a Dean Koontz fan through a number of really great and some "house payment/contract obligation" books. I had intentionally ignored this book feeling that his recent writing was peppered with too much "California New Age-isms". Friends, who were new to his work, were raving about this book. I need to send them a "Thank you" note. This was the old Dean Koontz back in the driver's seat, writing great characters, purring down the suspense highway in a red Ferrari, with enough turns and twists that I actually gasped outloud. If you have read any of the previous reviews then you certainly don't need to read another plotline summary. I didn't feel the ending was contrived or too short. My imagination could fill in the pertinent details.

Enjoy the read!
on June 29, 2017
Another winner! Loved it and will continue to read another and another. Please keep them coming!! Great praise for this awesome writer. He never fails to please.
on April 25, 2017
I'm reading this book right now.... I cannot put it down!
on April 19, 2016
Far from boring. From an easy going landscaper married to a sweet woman, secretary studying to become a realtor and what a jump. Hero is complex, beyond husband he's a brother with a huge strange twisted upbringing. Drawn into a web that becomes more and more layered. Entertaining and fast read.
on January 11, 2007
Just what is the price YOU would pay for the love of your life? An interesting question, and when left to Dean Koontz will leave you gasping as you travel into the world of one man who dearly loves his wife.

As ususal, Dean Koontz tells the story using great detail, allowing your mind to completely visualize the events that have taken place.

The book recently had the movie rights sold to it. I honestly can say, I cannot possibly wait to see this on a big screen. Hopefully, Dean will lead his devoted readers down the twisting and turning paths of love as he writes or influences the screenplay writer on this wonderfully crafted book.
on February 20, 2015
Loved this book! I love all of Dean Koontz's books. This one is a fast paced, you won't believe who the bad guy is kinda book.
on October 26, 2010
I love Dean Koontz, but I almost put this book down. I really had a hard time getting into it, which really surprised me. After 150 pages, the pace picked up and it finally grabbed my interest. I was glad I bought a used version. Hate to pay full price for a book that left me wanting more.
on June 30, 2012
We often hear "I didn't see that (plot) coming. Plot twists are so many and so frequent that they are a story unto themselves. Some are obligatory: The psychologist parents that were as crazy as a loon. But the brother that at first reminded me of the "Pillsbury Dough Boy" really caught me looking the wrong direction.
Dean Koontz is often described as anti big, corrupt, secretive. etc. government and in this story, that side of him comes alive in spades! Without giving away the ending, let me just add that some times the "good guys" working for the government aren't always bad guys
on November 9, 2016
It gave a wonderful feeling of how much you can be loved by someone. That doesn't come in your life very often if at all. To be that loved by someone to rest so much to get you back