Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Camila Cabello All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

The Husband's Secret
Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 17, 2018
First, I’m glad I read this on Kindle because I had to keep looking up characters because there are about 20. There are about 100 pages in the middle where the book just meanders then gets back to juicy plot. So I liked it, didn’t love it, which is consistent with my opinion of this author’s other works.
on January 11, 2018
I enjoyed the development of the nuanced relationships in this book. I deducted a star because I felt it all finished too quickly, like the author had run out of storage space on her Mac and decided to hurry up the ending.
on August 2, 2017
This is a great book. I couldn't put it down. The characters are complex but so ordinary at the same time. It's a guilty pleasure that makes your life seem just a little boring.
on November 22, 2016
This book is really great and I love the storyline! However I felt there was some stop and go in my interest level. Seemed to drag on in some parts but I didn't mind too much. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in character development. Just don't count on it being a thrilling mystery as it is more of a "mellow mystery" in my opinion.
on December 6, 2017
I like the very ordinary middle class people having to face horrible events and unpleasant emotions. This book was not as good as some of her others. I did a lot of speed reading to get to the end. The epilogue was pointless.
on September 3, 2013
This book interwove the lives of sincere, everyday people in difficult circumstances with real hard consequences at stake that were undeniably relative and heartfelt to a readers conscience and an awareness of human frailty that we must all face to some degree during a reasonable length of lifetime. The author created characters in relational situations that were real and touching to the heart. She also gave us a mirror look of life in down under Australia which has a unique geographical isolationism of sorts being so far away from familiar continental locales like the USA and Europe. It added up to grand entertainment and an emotional roller coaster ride read full of life's problems, life sweeping decisions, how they can effect and mingle families into a tight thread of support and life lessons to be learned therein. The pages in the book flew by quickly even though they represented a tale not easily told.To the author's credit that takes some doing with a complex story that weaves in and out of lives in spider web fashion. I thoroughly enjoyed the premise to conclusion, the ups and downs and all the little knick-knacks in between. I highly recommend this read especially if there's a secret out there in your neck of the woods that hasn't quite come to the surface of exposure yet. And stop that silly grinning right now! For who of us doesn't have some hidden ground around somewhere, even just a tiny speck of mud or dirt out there, in this mostly glorious worldly space of ours called life. And to hidden truths attesting to our vulnerabilities. The Husband' Secret represents a bond to which we all hold dear even if we do not want to. It's delightful reading...
on January 31, 2014
My book club chose this. Before buying it, I read lots of positive reviews and a few negative ones...and it turns out they were all correct? This book requires very little of the reader. The story has some common but trying to be interesting characters, and the author tells a lot of the background through internal character conversations. It reads like a good book should. In the end though, the plot is just not that interesting -- Lots of prose to tell a very small story. And the editor did a great disservice to Ms. Moriarty by ever approving the ridiculous Epilogue. It not only offered nothing positive to the storry; to the contrary it essentially mocked the entire concept of how the plot was held together.

I gave it 3 stars because I did not want to denounce the book to all those who gave it five stars, and it was competently written...but for any but a voracious and fast reader, you can spend your reading time and money on books of much more quality, with characters you want to remember. Not these to be sure. These are characters drawn on a fairly stereotypical and superficial level. Read it if you want to read very little about a few families in Australia (without learning much if anything about Australia).
Make that two stars.
on February 18, 2014
The Husband's Secret was an enthralling read, although at times I found it a bit confusing to navigate. It seemed that with nearly every chapter the author moved between three main characters- Rachel, Tess, and Cecelia, whose lives come to intersect with the unveiling of the husband's secret. I found the transitions to be somewhat disjointed, and I often found myself being disoriented at the beginning of a new chapter.
That being said, I thought that Liane Moriarty did a commendable job of portraying the characters with their strengths and shortcomings. I could feel Rachel's pain over the loss of her daughter, and the heart-wrenching outcome of justice being served.
Someone asked me if I would open such a letter should I come upon one in my own attic, and I could only unhesitatingly say, "Yes!" The curiosity would be too unbearable to resist, although I would probably regret such knowledge that the letter would bring. Satisfying one's curiosity is not for the faint-hearted, and sometimes it is much more difficult to live in response to the truth. The Husband's Secret certainly proved that there are no simple answers in life, and one must take responsibility for the choices and actions that one makes.
on March 1, 2017
I am a fan of Liane Moriarty and this book was fantastic
on August 27, 2013
This book was an unexpected find for me. I usually ignore Amazon's suggestions, but this one intrigued me enough to read some of the reviews, and that sold me. Once I started reading, I was completely engrossed in the lives of these three women and the secrets they kept. It reminded me very much of an Anne Tyler book, which, in my opinion, is the highest praise. We get to know these women and their internal struggles through Ms. Moriarty's deft, delicate storytelling, and every chapter brings new and intriguing revelations. Without giving away any of the many secrets, I'll say that as a reader, we're led along a delicate path of internal struggles, lies and value judgments and brought, finally, to what I think is a very satisfying ending. Many of the twists and turns of the novel are unexpected, and Ms. Moriarty's tender feelings for all of her characters is clear. She's definitely got a new fan in this American man. I'm downloading her other titles to my Kindle and awaiting more from this wonderful find.