Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 466 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 507 reviews
on April 18, 2016
I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease about six months ago. My doctor recommended this book, and it has been life changing. I am young and healthy, so this diagnosis really rocked my world. Dr. Blum's book helped me realize that there is so much I can do to be in charge of my health rather than just taking medication. I'm not opposed to medicine, but why not make some lifestyle changes to limit my medicinal needs? I have changed my diet based on the recommendations in the book, and I have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY than I had 6 months ago. Additionally, based on Dr. Blum's recommendations in the book, I was tested for Celiac Disease. I was surprised to find that I have antibodies that show a gluten intolerance. I am not one to jump on fad diets, so going gluten-free never crossed my mind. However, now that I know that my body is being harmed by gluten, I will be gluten-free for the rest of my life. It's been a bit harder implementing the stress reduction strategies recommended in the book, but I'll be working on that for the rest of my life. I am not exaggerating when I say that this book has been life-changing and empowering. I still struggle with my recent diagnoses, but I know that I can control some aspects of how quickly they progress. Great purchase!

I hope this review has been helpful for you! If so, please press yes. If you have any questions about this product, I'd be happy to help answer them.
33 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2016
I was diagnosed with RA 5 years ago at the age of 25, I attempted several medications for a relief of symptoms. The medications caused side effects and gave me no real relief from RA symptoms at all. I found a holistic dr who told me about this book. I follow this book strictly and with the diet requirements and the supplements suggested. This book has been a life saver, I have my life back! I do still have days of flares but nothing like what I was going through. I am on no medication and control this disease with diet and supplements alone. Anyone battling or know someone battling an autoimmune disease needs this book!!
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2016
An informative read. Dr. Blum breaks down everything so that it can be understood in layman's terms.
on April 29, 2015
Great book. Very informative. It turns out that my whole family has food intolerances including my 2 kids with ADHD. Both were cured on the elimination diet - no more meds. The boys still have language development delays and memory issues from the years of brain inflammation but we are on the right track!! It would be great if you added more information about ADHD to your book as well as more on the mental issues such as anxiety, depression, bipolar, schizophrenia and he food intolerances affect these conditions.
on November 30, 2014
Outstanding book! Dr Blum covers everything from symptoms to causes to diagnostic tests to diet remedies. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has autoimmune symptoms or knows someone who does.
on June 11, 2013
I originally ordered this book from our library system. But I couldn't renew the book w/o reordering it first. The book was too valuable to me to not have one of my own; I just couldn't do without it.
This book talks about what causes certain immune disorders and what to do to resolve them. (It also talks some about wheat and toxins, and how they affect our health.) It highlights that with proper nutrition, whole foods, and toxin elimination, the road to recovery might take some time, but that's far better than living with these disorders for the rest of your life. It even highlighted for me some issues that I still have, even though I have been diligent to eat whole and nutritious foods. There are several stories of how people made it from immune system disorders to recovery above and beyond what they had before the immune disorders.
I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
on March 10, 2015
Wonderful book! So glad I was able to find out more about autoimmune diseases and ways to treat them naturally without being burdened with multiple prescription medications. Very sound advice, even for those without autoimmune disease as it really is good information on our food supply and environment in general these days and how they affect diseases.
Her solutions are easy to incorporate, I've already done a portion of them and have only been doing so for less than 2 weeks and already feel much better.
on December 10, 2014
Most of this information is not new. Someone in the medical system writing this information rather than poo pooing this information is new.. Still a good read, written by some one who is helping people. She gave me new insight into how the immune system diseases are connected. I am glead that I bought it. I am enjoying" How to out smart your Cance"r.
on June 6, 2015
I bought this book because I was having stomach issues that eventually was diagnosed as gastritis caused by h-pylori. Very painful. Because I could not figure out why my immune system did not kill this bacteria I went on a search for information on how to strengthen my immune system. What I learned in this book was amazing. I recommend this book to anyone, especially those who have an auto immune disease (celiac, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, thyroid disease, etc) because that is what this book teaches you about. Focusing on the fact that so much of our immune system is in our gut it helps you to see how to heal yourself in many ways. The recipes that we tried were delicious. Great resource tool. ( I did not buy this book to cure my H pylori, just wanted to learn more about the immune system and it definitely helped.
on February 16, 2015
I was diagnosed with Hashimotos and Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2012. My Rheumatologist insists that food has no bearing on this disease and that the best course of action is MXT and Plaquinal even though my symptoms grew worse over time and I felt lousy. I have read everything I can get my hands on about AI and this book is excellent - the best yet! As I don't have money for a holistic doctor, I am trying to institute the recommendations myself. Yes, it is a little overwhelming, but I've been gluten free for some time, did a detox last year and I know the elimination diets are very doable. I did not realize that the time frame could be a year or more before recovering.

I've read much about adrenal fatigue and how it play a part in autoimmune disorders. I never understood the connection in a meaningful way before reading this book. I too have hope for the first time in a few years. We bought cross country skis around the time I was diagnosed. We had waited for years to indulge and now I can't use them. BUT my goal is to be cross country skiing this time next year. After 1 week of the elimination, adrenal supplements and dysbiosis protocol I feel noticeably improved and my right hand and foot aren't nearly as sore as usual.

Before embarking on a treatment regime I strongly recommend that you read and understand your condition and potential treatments from several sources. I feel competent in reading and scheduling supplement doses and preparing appropriate foods for gut and adrenal healing and am looking forward to getting well!