Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 29, 2015
I got this after seeing the documentary on the Dune Jodorowski would have made and I was very interested in the story he wanted to bring to the screen and after seeing this, I know my interest was not misplaced. The book suffers from a small amount of Deus Ex Machina and happy coincidence, a little forced drama and urgency, but overwhelmingly it is unique, beautifully drawn, well-executed and a great read. Those are minor gripes in the realm of graphic novels, really. The first 50 pages didn't draw me in well but once Jodorowski hit his stride as a storyteller in this medium the book takes off and becomes phenomenal. It's got a blend of almost everything as far as genres go, has interesting viewpoints and a great overall story arc. It has compelled me to get the next book in the series, eventually. If money wasn't tight I would have gotten the second one already.

I spent an hour sniffing the pages and looking at the artwork when I first got this, the publishing is VERY quality for the price. Built in bookmark just adds extra value and makes keeping track of your place so simple. If you're a fan of Jodorowski, Moebius or good graphic novels, sci-fi adventures or intellectual, philosophical discourse hidden in a good story, you should get this. You can miss out if you want, but it's totally worth the price to hold this and read it.
on May 22, 2017
What an incredible body of work. This story takes you to a world of intense depravity and techno-politics. A cyclical story of grand proportions with all the big players...and John d'fool ;)
It even has a little ribbon to hold your place. A nice touch that really brings it home. Just get it
on July 15, 2017
Been a Moebius/Giraud fan since the Heavy Metal days and I always loved him because each one of his panels could spark my imagination and get me daydreaming. It was such a pleasure to read this. I felt like a kid again.
on August 24, 2017
A seminal work by quite possibly the greatest team up in the history of sequential art.
on June 11, 2016
Jodorowsky and Moebius minds combine to push the envelope of storytelling beyond the realm of science fiction. By the standards today, it is easy to observe the myriad influences that have arisen in the wake of The Incal. So the initial impact of the narrative while potentially not as potent as when it was released still has formidable presence. Given the relationship European comics have enjoyed with the fine art world, the artwork on display is truly fantastic; exhibiting a window into a societies populating a lavish, colorful universe comparable to the tales by Miyazaki and Tolkien but with the spirit of collaboration that existed with some of the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby work.
on March 28, 2016
I really enjoyed this book. It is an incredible example of ninth art, an adult comic (or graphic novel) that blends fantasy, violence, and politics.

Jodorowsky's story is crazy. It meanders through a lot of strange scenarios. I don't have as much time to read as I would like, and had to read this in small installments. Every time I picked it up I was lost as to the storyline. I found myself backtracking several pages to recall what was going on. I will definitely need to reread to get the full scope. I thought the story got stronger toward the end, which reminded me of a Twilight Zone ending.

The artwork is great. Moebius (Jean Giraud) is considered one of France's greatest illustrators, and now I know why. I haven't seen much of his work before this, as most of the english versions of his books are out of print. The art is detailed in it's execution. The inking doesn't have the hatching or shading techniques I am used to in American comics. People talk about how great Ditko's Doctor Strange art is, well Moebius' art at the end of the Incal is insane!
on January 20, 2017
Absolutely stunning, the book arrive in good time and excellent state.
on December 28, 2016
Amazing book. Got sucked in after about 5 pages.
on October 19, 2017
Handling was superb!
on July 30, 2013
Jodorowsky and Moebius are a unique team. The end result is both exotic and familiar. Plausible characters in fantastic situations make this a must have for any sci-fi or graphic novel fan.