Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on February 10, 2011
What a highly anticipated album from one the the most important and influential Christian metal bands out there. I can't say enough about this band, they really helped pave the way for the genre long before metalcore really took off. So being a longtime fan of the band I downloaded this album right after it came out. The Infinite Order is filled with much of the same brutality and driving rhythm that Concieved In Fire and Hammering Process had. One of my favorite tracks on the record is a song called They Were One, which has an awesome guitar riff and showcases the great drum talents of Lance Garvin. This guy could pound out a complicated beat with an odd time signature and hit it right on like a computerized machine.
It is overall a good album, and I will always be a fan. But, I have to be honest here. This is not Living Sacrifice's best album by any means. Much of it, with the exception of the above song I mentioned, is monotonous and lacking in dynamics. More then half the songs on the record feature the same basic jackhammer speed bass drum kick coupled with the palm muting chug of the guitars, which is cool of course, and a staple of any good metal song, but when it is repeated as many times as it is on Living Sacrifice's latest album it becomes boring. So don't get me wrong, I love these guys and always will, their music has been with me all the way from my angst-filled teenage years until my curent days as a 30 year old husband and father and I will always be a Living Sacrifice metal head. Why so many great bands tend to fall into this trap of making mediocre albums that aren't as good as their early work, I really don't know, perhaps it's the musician's equivalent to writer's block. If you've never heard any of Living Sacrifice's music before, my advice would be don't let this album be the first. Some of their best work they've ever recorded would be their 1999 album Reborn. Their previous release Concieved In Fire is also a great album, and if you want to hear their heaviest, most brtutal death metal type stuff, check out Inhabit!
on March 15, 2010
Little Rock, Ark. metalcore band Living Sacrifice spent the better part of the 90s leading the underground movement known as Christian extreme metal.

Before breaking up in 2005, Living Sacrifice played music with all the hallmarks of extreme music, down-tuned guitar snarls of distortion mic'd for maximum destruction, guttural and aggressive vocal barks from vocalist Bruce Fitzhugh and chunky odd-time rhythms that pummeled the listener without hesitation. And they wrote songs about their deep devotion to Christianity and God. This contradiction of sound and fury versus the sacred verses limited the band's audience. After breaking up, their fanbase wept, but few others took notice.

Their 2010 comeback album The Infinite Order is so shockingly intense, it's a revelation worthy of people finally taking notice. "Overkill Exposure" kicks things off at a breakneck pace, recalling the opening of the band's 1997 stomper, Reborn. The song's lyrics address the sensationalism of media and its interference with a moral life. "Rules of Engagement" and "Nietzche's Madness" continue the trend, with the latter song also provides a scathing critique of atheism, a change of pace from the one-dimensional worship lyrics of the band's first few albums. This album explores the complex spectrum of human emotions that can accompany a person of Christian faith, expressing anger and rebuttal through violent sound.

"Organized Lie" turns the criticism back onto religion itself, deploring the blind-minded approach of organized religion and the loss of individual faith as a result. Riffs are a fusion of the band's early death metal grinding with rhythmic hardcore riffs from the turn of the century. Listening to The Infinite Order is like hearing a retrospective of the band's entire twenty-year career, including the bits of beautiful guitar-work hinted at on their 2005 greatest hits album, In Memoriam. Not many bands are blessed enough to take an eight-year hiatus and return more hungry and intelligent than when they left. Somehow, Living Sacrifice may have done the necessary praying for a Messianic comeback of this magnitude.
on February 8, 2010
I've been a fan for about ten years now, so I've had plenty of time to wear out the previous albums (physically wear them I mean, I've never actually tired of listening to them).

This feels like a back to the basics album to me. Kindof like a franchise reboot (one of the good reboots, like the new Star Trek). It's sounds like they distilled the music down to it's very core, the very essence of Living Sacrifice. If someone were to ask me what is Living Sacrifice, I would point to this album. It is the most primal and concentrated form of metal as only Living Sacrifice could bring us. Up till now, I have always stated that LS got better with every single album (as opposed to most metal bands that peak with thier second or third album, and then just either sit still or slowly/quickly slide down with each further release). Even up to In Memorium, I thought the three new tracks on that compilation were actually their best work to date, and ever further proof of how sad their breakup was to the world of Metal, there was so much more they could do! With this album, I can't say that it is an improvement, so I'll stick with reboot. This is the best of LS, the purest and simplest. It's probably a good intro album for those not familiar with the band and old fans will appreciate that there is still at least one real old-school metal band out there that knows how to perform, knows how to play their instruments and knows how to write good songs.

Thank God (literally, I suppose) for the reunion. I'm mostly a fan of Rocky Gray and just about anything he does, so I was actually quite satisfied with the reunion of Soul Embraced and their new release "Dead Alive". But for the world of Metal in general, I know the people really wanted to see LS back in action. I am lucky enough to live in Little Rock now (actually, the reunion of Soul Embraced in Little Rock was a small factor in my decision to move here), so I have seen LS perform several times locally now since the reunion in addition to seeing them at Cornerstone and on the Demon Hunter tour last year (I still think LS opening for DH was a cosmic joke... DH is nothing next to LS... Half the audience left after LS played on that tour cause that's who the people really came to see). Anyway, they are still as brutal live as any band out there, and you can also tell they focus more on playing good metal than just "how loud can we get/ how much noise can we make".

(Living Sacrifice and Soul Embraced are actually roughly tied for my favorite band ever; I do recognize the fact that LS is a much more influential band in the grand scheme though. But I have to say, I tend to prefer Chad's vocals in SE to Bruce's vocals in LS -don't shoot me for my blasphemy!)

Bottom line:

Old Fans: Buy it.
New Fans: Buy it.
Metal Fans: Buy it.

There's absolutely no reason NOT to add this to your collection.
on March 8, 2010
Well, the long-awaited LS album is finally here. The dreams of many metal fans came true and the Little Rock band has released the product of their more mature life and music experience. But did my personal dream become true? Unfortunately not fully.
You see, I grew up on their debut album, which I consider to be the absolute masterpiece on Christian metal stage. I have been listening THAT album for 16 years already and I am not bored of it (I guess Metallica fans can easily understand what I am talking about if I mention the Black Album). With their every new album I expect this miracle to occur again - dream to hear those LOVELY, FAST and CREATIVE melodies that catch you mind and leave an impression, that you simply CANNOT CREATE anything like that! You know, it takes to be Metallica to create Enter Sandman or One, it takes to be Guns n'Roses to create November Rain, Sweet Child of Mine or Cry. Well it took Living Sacrifice to create Violence, Phargx Imas or The Prodigal.
As for Infinite Order, it is good, well written, complicated and solid. Absolutely it is the best among last 4 albums others are Conceived in Fire, the Hammering Process and Reborn) and if you love those previous works, you will definitely adore the Infinite Order. These boys are that good wine that does not become vinegar with time, but growing older becomes more sophisticated and noble grape drink.
However if you are over 28 and now search for the best music (you know, when you cannot listen to anything that is in metal industry anymore), you will probably love this album, you will listen to it 3 or 4 times, you will keep it in your music library and download it on your mp3 player from time to time, but I doubt you will remember a single melody out of it.

My PERSONAL verdict: it is solid 4-star album, very competitive to the market, it is "Action Standard" album every metal fan should have (if you are a Christian - make sure you have purchased you copy and not just burnt your friend's disk or downloaded some torrent). If you are young now - this is likely to catch your absolute attention for couple of month for sure. For now it is not Master of Puppets or Black Album... but we are waiting for the next one!

Blessings from Ukraine!
on February 11, 2010
I've been an avid fan since their debut in 1991. With their release of Reborn, they truly reinvented themselves and became the Living Sacrifice we can't get enough of. The Hammering Process did what many didn't expect, and that was make an even better album. Conceived In Fire was another solid release, but not as strong as the previous two. However, it is still a classic. Now we come to The Infinite Order. At first listen, fans will notice the brutal vocals throughout, without any "clean" vocals as found on Conceived In Fire. The use of percussion that LS introduced into metal, and performed perfectly is still there, just not as prominent as in the other releases. This is a great album. Track #2, "Rules of Engagement" has two guitar riffs that really grab you. It's like "Symbiotic" from Conceived In Fire- it stands out. In my opinion this is right there with the best that Living Sacrifice has ever recorded. Many people may not like this as much as Reborn or The Hammering Process, but they will still love it. Living Sacrifice is still a force and look forward to hearing more of them in years to come. The Infinite Order will be in my playlist for a long time.
on September 15, 2011
If you're a Living Sacrifice fan, or a fan of extra heavy metal in general, you won't be disapointed by this album. The first 9 tracks see them incorporating in elements from the earlier thrash/death metal part of their discography which is great but at the same time I was hoping for them to push the envelope a bit more as they have on the last couple of albums. However once I hit track 10 (My Home Is God) my hunger for their newer style was fulfilled. Track 11 and 12 also helped LS continue to move forward while still staying true to thier roots. If you haven't heard LS yet then start with In Memoriom (a great retrospective 'best of' album). However if you are already familiar with them then this album needs to be in your collection.
on May 14, 2016
a Christian metal band in god is my home use the word bastard
on March 26, 2017
These guys continually come up with new rhythms and chunky chords.
on February 9, 2017
I bought this album years ago, and I give it away to my friend, Scott Waters of NoLifeTilMetal.com. He is a great man. So, I rebuy this copy. Hehe. This cd is still brutal, aggressive, and heavy. I highly recommend it. 😁
on February 27, 2010
Compared with Reborn, this album lacks creativity and dynamics. Don't get me wrong, It's a solid album. I think most of the tracks are pretty good. However, the chorus of The Reckoning sounds a bit too much like that whiney emo metal crap to me. Although the vocal style in that song doesn't sound that way, it's too familiar. The beginning of Love Forgives sounds like a straight up Megadeth riff. I guess I was just expecting something more innovative. I haven't really been too interested in their stuff after Truby left the band. I'm guessing if you liked their work after Reborn, you would really dig this album. There are some pretty cool moments on this one. The drums are always amazing.