Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 523 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 575 reviews
on November 11, 2016
Dr. John Maxwell has mentored me from a distance through his books. This book is no different. A wonderful, deep, and profound read.

Dr. Maxwell shares profound insights and truths using every day simple tools like the Law of the rubber band. If you want to grow, you must stretch.
The Law of contribution. If you want to contribute, you must first develop yourself, so that you can develop others.

A insightful read if you want to intentionally grow, contribute, and give back.

William Teh
Investor | Author | Entrepreneur
TTTrends Investments
on April 14, 2016
Excellent read on self-improvement and visualizing what you, as a human being, can make happen! Listed out in detail per chapter, this is definitely a worth-while exploration into what motivates us, what can keep us going, how we can react to situations, and how we can affect other people in our lives. Success is a matter of perspective and this book shows us how to get there!
on July 28, 2017
Again John Maxwell has hit the ball out of the park. So many good steps for personal growth. Even if someone is not a leader of a group, this is an excellent read. The one major point that stuck with me is personal growth is not an overnight thing, it takes consistency day upon day working a growth plan. We do not plant an acorn one day and expect a mighty oak the next, it takes years.

Put just a few of these principles into your daily routine and you will automatically see growth.
on October 28, 2015
The literature is simple to follow. So simple this entire audio book is like it repeats the first chapter again and again with slightly different variations. The points they are aiming to instill in the reader are interesting enough to keep my attention for a while. (I am the type that can not sit still though and have yet to make it through the entire audio book.
The narrator is your typical voice nothing interesting very basic, meaning there wasn't an accent or much character in the voice.
on March 18, 2017
One of the best books I've read. It's definitely the best book I've read about growth. I'm buying additional copies for friends, staff and colleagues. It's phenomenally written, insightful and very helpful.
on May 22, 2017
This book, for the most part covered what I am looking for. How to deal with fear, its cause and how to handle it.
I am following their recommendations, some don't apply to me, but I am using what helps me and I found a lot of help.
I keep reading chapters that apply to me. I didn't mind the religious part of the book. It wasn't overdone, so i was completely fine with it.
on October 19, 2015
I have really enjoyed this book. Maxwell is very easy to read and understand. I take part in a book club with my friends and recommended this book to them as well. We plan to read it soon together.

One thing I love is that at the end of each chapter, Maxwell gives practical steps to follow in order to apply the law he introduced.
on August 23, 2015
I have studied human relations, communication, leadership, personality types, and personal growth for thirty years and I have never marked up and highlighted a book as much as I have this one. This is a book that can change your life. I love John Maxwell and have been a follower of him for many years. Of all his material to date,I believe this is the best so far. You can't read this book fast because it is filled with so much wisdom and personal growth principles that you have to stop and chew on them. I wish I would have had this book when I first became a leader.
This book is worth it's weight in gold if you are serious about personal growth...... BJ
on September 6, 2017
One of the best books written by John Maxwell. I highly recommend this book if you really want to grow. It requires self reflection and in some cases and making some changes. You will want to read multiple times.
on November 4, 2012
After having the priveledge to hear John C. Maxwell speak at a recent business convention his words inspired me to purchased this book. It has been the most informative and insightful book on personal growth that I have read to date. Mr. Maxwell's approach to helping people see what is hidden inside themselves through his words of experience and wisdom is both revealing and inspiring. Regardless of what a person does in their life it is a certainty that having the right tools for the job is a must. John's candid words and stories assist the reader in envisioning their own destiny by fulfilling the requirements necessary to achieve success at every level of personal growth. This book is a life changer for those looking to find out who they are? Why they are here? and what path they should be on after they have an understanding of the gifts that they possess. I am grateful to have experienced the time that I have spent with John to hear him speak and witness for myself what being successful and happy in life really looks like. For anyone who is desiring to make themselves better at living their lives and succeding in their endeavors this book is a must read! I give this book a 5 star rating and I recommend it to all.

- Troy Baldwin