Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on March 6, 2013
We consulted with half a dozen wildly divergent practitioners from mainstream oncology experts, to oriental medicine clinics, to Native American shamans. All of them were helpful in sorting out the many layers of the puzzle we faced. That said, there was one person who really had the keys to the kingdom, Jeremy Geffen, MD.

Jeremy has developed an extraordinarily helpful map for managing the challenging decision curve you are about to traverse. Of all the tools we found, this was the best at ordering everything else into something we could feel good about, that felt right for us. It gave us confidence in our ability to make good choices. This was huge.

I would also highly recommend his audio or DVD series, The Seven Levels of Healing. This provides a clear map for making good decisions on all levels. It is also full of beautiful stories that help normalize the surreal nature of this experience. [...]

Dr Geffen also offers classes. The flyer for these will give you a feel for the content of the seven levels: [...]
on July 22, 2016
The most important book any cancer patient, family member, doctor, (ESPECIALLY), nurse can read. A description of how medical care for cancer patients can and should be. Jeremy Geffen, MD was a very unique and special oncologist who, unfortunately, succumbed to cancer himself just a year ago. If ever there was a model for cancer care, he is it. If there is any way to continue his legacy, it should be pursued to the ultimate.
on August 9, 2011
Dr. Geffen's book has been and remains a key guidestone for me through my 8 month journey of treatment and healing from Stage II bladder cancer. His wisdom, insight, practical guidance and compassion are invaluable gifts from an exceptionally broad-minded, deep-hearted oncologist who has had the courage to do his own work. The Journey Through Cancer is an integrated, transforming approach to reclaiming our essential wholeness. The Seven Levels of Healing can be readily embraced not only by people with cancer, but by anyone experiencing a life altering illness who is tenacious about life and committed to their own unique and precious healing process.
on January 21, 2012
Simply one of the all time best books that I have ever read. Dr. Geffen covers every aspect of cancer, explaining it from its inception to coping with and handling possible death, as unfortunate as that thought is. As a current cancer patient, I find his book to be very enlightening, informative and so powerful. This is a must read for every cancer patient and close family member who has someone dealing with cancer. His compassion and dedication to the subject of cancer shines through very clearly and unmistakably. Dr. Geffen is a true gift to humankind and the treatment of cancer.
on March 2, 2011
I think most likely I will be forever grateful I purchased this book. As soon as I was diagnosed I went to amazon to find something to help me. I am just about to go into microsoft word and work on my mission statement. I contacted the hope cancer network and have talked with a woman there who was also very helpful and I will probably find a cancer support group in the not too distant future.
Dr Geffen helps people by addressing the physical, emotional, and especially the spiritual aspects of the journey.
It was the right book for me.
on January 9, 2013
Thousands of people get hit with a cancer diagnosis every day. Recently I was one of them. I am now on chemo and I have an excellent prognosis. I believe I owe part of my ability to handle this life-changing event is due to this highly readable, deeply compassionate book. For all cancer patients, including family and friends of those facing a cancer diagnosis, I give this book my highest recommendation.
on June 8, 2015
Absolutely the best book on ways to deal with Cancer. I bought this for a friend to read. I love Dr. Geffen's take on cancer. This is a must read for anyone who believes that there's more to health than a pill!
on February 16, 2013
A must read for newly diagnosed cancer patients, their loved ones and caregivers. Written by a very caring oncologist with a lot of experience. Answers so many questions and offers so much good advice on how to get through this scary diagnosis.
on September 19, 2014
Excellent presentation of how the treatment of cancer is progressing to include the care of the whole person!
Thank you!
on January 18, 2008
I ordered this book as soon as I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is a comforting - helpful read!! It told me what I would be facing - and gave me ideas as to how best to get through it. I have now passed this book on to others as they begin the same journey. Thanks to the wonderful Doctor who wrote this book!!!