Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on July 27, 2016
It’s entertaining, yet full of significance and profound teachings. The settings are beautifully described, the characters are rich and its surprising how much you care for them in just a few lines, the action sequences well-choreographed and described, the philosophical moments a little too shallow at times but for the most part adequate and will make you stop reading a couple of minutes to meditate on its concepts.

As a survivalist lover I specially enjoyed the –lone in the woodlands- parts, and there’s plenty of those, As a meditator an spiritual searcher Dan Millman seems to me one of the most clear, down to earth yet profound writers I've encountered.

Overall I loved it.
on July 22, 2016
This is a wonderful "Prequel" to the Way of The Peaceful Warrior book series by Dan Millman. It presents a a number of simple "truths" wrapped in a great story about the character Socrates from the book Way of The Peaceful Warrior. I suggest reading the other books first, then delving into this book. Dan Millman has a way of bringing the reader into the main character and unveiling simple human motives, advice, and spiritual principles. It has been a long time since I read the book so I can't comment on specifics. I got this copy as a gift for a friend who read the first book and wanted to read this book as soon as I mentioned it. Even if one is not so inclined to believe the spiritual principles presented within, the story line is gripping and a good read in and of itself. I strongly recommend this book to anyone, but especially those attracted to the saga, or the writings of Dan Millman.
on November 28, 2017
Fell in love with Socrates in Way of the Peaceful Warrior. This book explains how Socrates became who he is and how he came to understand all that he shared in Way of the Peaceful Warrior. Wonderful story with powerful insights. Jim Phillips~ author of The Key to LIFE. The Key to LIFE: Living In Full Expression
review image
on December 11, 2017
I am finding that even violence in literature is now disturbing to me...that said, this book seems to be one of the fullest palettes of Life’s Deepest Joys, Mysteries, Heartaches, Wonders, Lessons & Confusions... Truly a Spirit-filled Masterpiece.
on June 12, 2017
If you've seen the movie "Peaceful Warrior" and you've read the book that inspired the movie, then this book is a must read. Five stars doesn't do this story justice.
on February 28, 2017
I am a warrior. Always have been. Needed to be to survive and prosper. Early on that meant being independent, strong and tough. Now, though gray haired and strong-for-my-age, I increasingly value the wisdom of becoming one and valuing our interdependence. This book nudges in that direction and I commend it to all who value continued growth.
on June 27, 2017
This book is wonderful and amazing. I recommend this to everyone.
on March 6, 2016
As a fan of The Peaceful Warrior, I had to get this book for further insight into the Socrates character. This has to be one of the best books I have read on life transformation and development of character. All martial artists or those that consider themselves a "warrior" need to read this book. Anyone will find it an eye-opening experience into that mindset and what it truly takes to endure yet overcome. A very enlightening read.
on April 5, 2015
Couldn't put the book down... through life's ups and downs the journey of learning, growing should never end... this book will inspire you with a greater sense of urgency to move down your path of learning and growing
on November 29, 2017
Fun read - stimulating to psyche