Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 194 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
on October 18, 2016
The arm and magnetic mounts are pretty solid, I liked those. But the 1/2" ball that you mount to the mic stand, etc. is made of very brittle material. I tightened down the screw and it stripped out the ball mount, very easily. It's now unusable and I have to find or make a third party 1/2" ball mount (preferably out of a stronger material).
on May 1, 2017
I bought this to use on a tripod that reaches over my massage chair. I've had it for 4 months. And I loved using it for a little while.

Looking at the pictures, it appears there is a very solid heavy duty design to lock the iPad securely into place. That is why I bought it. Yes, there is a magnet that can lock itself into place, but unfortunately the entire mechanism is glued into place, and that glue is not so strong. 3 months in I started to notice the arm pulling away from the case. It hasn't torn off completely yet, but I no longer trust its ability to protect my iPad. I give them 2 stars simply because I enjoyed using it so much for three months.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2017
The build quality is excelent from the carbon fiber to the machined aluminum ends but for some reason they decided to use two cheap plastic knobs. For the price I would expect the knobs to be machined aluminum also. If they would change this one problem I would give it 5 stars.
on August 1, 2016
It works as well as advertised. The clamp is secure and does not twist around even if its secured to only one mount. The ball joints are of high quality and do not slip. The magnetic connection is strong and the only one that I feel secure using with the 12.9" iPad Pro. I have tried a couple of other brands and none would hold my iPad as advertised.
on September 15, 2016
I purchased this attachment along with the tablet holder. I used it to hold my radio for an RC glider competition. It worked better than I expected. The hold strength at all three joints was impressive. Even with my wheelchair bouncing around in the grass my radio never moved. This is truly a fantastic product. The carbon fiber tubes are very strong and thick walled. The machine quality of the joints is top-notch. I would recommend this product for anyone in wheelchair and needs to attach electronic devices in a very secure way.
on March 22, 2017
This product rocks. I use this mounted to a cymbal stand to hold my iPad which I use on gigs for set lists and lyrics. This is by far the best mount I've ever used. It cost more but it is worth every penny.
on October 28, 2016
Wow! Absolutely the best iPad PRO 12.9" Holder I've ever used! Like everything else; you get what you pay for and the quality of "JOY" products
are second to none! I've been playing music out professionally for over 43 Years and this tool takes the cake.
on December 8, 2016
OK, I bought this myself - no backdoor BS. I had to wait a couple of weeks to even order this from Amazon since they didn't have any in stock and NO I never did get the notification I signed up for!

My purpose in buying the MagConnect bundle was to use my iPad Pro as a video/still camera on a tripod so it had to be secure in the base and that base had to be securely held on the carbon fiber arm as I tilt and pan the iPad as a video camera. The base seems to be holding up fine, with the corners holding well. I do wonder about how it will hold as weather gets colder and it gets tilted downward. The base is made of a pretty hard plastic that seems brittle. Ive heard it can break corners if dropped and I could see that as a possibility but I haven't dropped it so I don't know. I do wish it was a bit more grippy around the edges and also have more shock absorption potential. See images included to see how little this thing grips in the corners, especially at the headphone jack end.

The MagConnect piece on the back is, sadly, sticking out from the back of the base so that it doesn't lay flat on tables or other flat surfaces as it sticks at least 1/4". If that surface isn't level, it tends to slide easily. Joy Factory needs to redesign this in my opinion. Make the base thicker or the magnet thinner or something. IMHO this bundle is way too expensive for this to be a concern. Again see images.

The arm part of this bundle is fine. Makes very solid contact with the magnet...so solid that its hard to pull it off the arm with just the magnet alone. Screwing the thumbscrew in makes it extremely solid connection. Id be more concerned about the iPad falling out of the base that the base coming off the arm. The arm adjusts on ball joints at the top and the bottom and these seem to work perfectly with no concerns.

Additionally, Ive added another image of the bundle together with the iPad Pro and a quick video using it to tilt up.
review image review image review image review image
on July 31, 2017
This is the best Tablet/Phone mount that I have ever used. Best thing is, you can just let the magnets hold it or for a more stable connection, you can tighten it down on the back. The magnets are good enough for bumpy road driving. Not gonna off road with this though.
I bought this for my Nexus 9 and it is perfect. Holds just at the right height and to the right of the console to be out of the way but just in finger tip reach without having to take my eyes off the road.
on November 25, 2012
I already had The Joy Factory's carbon seat bolt mount for the iPad, but went a step further in using the iPad inside the car. It is now the central point and this mount I have secured within the double DIN space with a polycarbonate face covering the opening with just a circle cut out to allow the mount to pass through. My iPad is even more stable with less shaking now, which is needed as my solid engine/tranny mounts send vibrations into the cabin. The magnetic lock is a really clever design in my opinion versus the older clip-on plastic pieces. Definitely more durable in the long run.

Haven't really been disappointed with their products that I have purchased. Would easily go the same route if I were to do it once again.