Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on February 3, 2012
After trying many different iPad 2 cases and cover/case combos, I'm pretty sure I've finally found what I've been looking for. My requirements include:

- Slim, adding as little bulk as possible (iPads of course being appealing for their sleek, slim design)
- Wake/sleep magnetic function
- Professional appearance
- Full device protection
- Appropriate cuts for speaker, cameras, etc.

When I first got my iPad, I had the Apple Smart cover. I quickly determined that this was not adequate protection for the device and ordered the matching Speck Candyshell back case. If you are a fan of the Smart cover but want protection for the back of the device, the Speck case is definitely the way to go. It has one very handy feature that (for some reason) every other case I've seen (back cases or full cases) neglects -- a magnet on the back that holds the smart cover behind the device when open.

I was fairly happy with that arrangement (Smart cover and Speck back), but I didn't like that the Smart cover came off sometimes when I pulled it too hard, and I don't really dig the pastel colors of the polyurethane version (and didn't want to pay for the expensive leather cover). So I started searching, ordered and tried many cases, sending them all back, until I received this one.

All of my cover/case requirements above are met, with one tiny exception -- the back piece has a bit more open/exposed on the very bottom of the device than I would like. This is because of the speaker cut, but it's bigger than it needs to be. If you get this, you'll see what I mean. This, however, is minor compared to the ways in which the case meets the other requirements.

The *only* thing this case lacks for me is a magnet on the back to hold the cover behind the device when open. I'm happy enough with the other features that this is not a deal-breaker for me.
on October 21, 2012
What I really like about this cover is that it works well with the screen protector (iVisor) I also bought from Amazon. Neither one interferes with the other. Also, the sleep and awake feature works great. I also like that my iPad is very secure inside this case, it has never once fallen out or popped out of its holder.

I have had this case since March and just now really making it a point to write a review because the one major thing that really gripes me about case keeps happening over and over again and I just need to "vent" and also let others know about this issue.

This case has the ability of being propped up (sideways only). You can put it in a sideways standing position or a reclined position to be able to type or read. The problem is that it doesn't stay that way! When it's in the sideways standing position, it ends up toppling over and it's non too stable as it waddles. In the sideways reclined position, if you can even get it to that position, it ends up sliding out of its position and eventually it's laying flat. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to roll it this way and that or square the cover but to no avail.

I am looking for a new cover. Anyone have any good suggestions?
on November 14, 2011
I've done a lot of research before I chose this case, and although I wasn't initially planning to spend a lot of money on buying one, I took the plunge with this one and am really happy with my choice.

Things I like about it:
1. Design. Does not obstruct the iPad bezel with ugly leather or plastic like some other popular cases. From the front, when opened, this case does not take away from the iPad's aesthetics at all. The case is also really thin and, in my opinion, actually enhances the iPad's design.
2. High quality overall. I was slightly worried about this before receiving the case because I had never heard of Joy Factory before, but all of the materials feel premium and build quality is excellent. The automatic smart cover feature works flawlessly, and when you make the flap into a stand, it is very stable, unlike with some other cases. The back plate snaps on the iPad firmly and securely without the need for ugly straps and hinges.
3. Attention to detail. I really love how the designers paid a lot attention to even small details of the case, like the conic camera recess, back plate plastic edges etc. Really well designed all around.
4. Good protection. Overall, protects the iPad very well.

Things I don't like so much:
1. Preferably, I wouldn't have the "JOY" logo on the front of the case. It should have been smaller, at least.
2. The magnet is adequately strong, but it would have been even better had it been stronger.

Despite these two small gripes, I am highly satisfied with the case, and think that it fully warrants a five-star rating.
on November 14, 2011
This is the case you want....
-smart cover works great- open it...ipad unlocks...close it...sleeps
-hard back...nice durable foldable front cover with felt on backside that protects the screen.
-i saw some reviews that the cover didn't fold back flat all the way and made it difficult to read....not so. Ok maybe not flat right away, but i'm sure as this breaks in it will fold totally flat. But's kind of a nice grip that it's not totally flat...either way it doesn't bother me.
-the case popped on easy and nice and snug! and hasn't come off yet by mistake.
-i don't think it adds much weight...maybe it's a little heavier...but i'm not about to carry my ipad around without a case.
-color-smiple black, no annoying logos, etc.

all in all...great CASE...i would buy it again. And i looked at about 100 cases...maybe more...read reviews...love this case!
on July 26, 2012
This case does everything that I need it to do. My iPad rarely leaves the confines of my home. For that reason, I wanted a case that provided decent protection while allowing me to still enjoy the slim form factor of my iPad. The case is attractive with minimal branding, only a small logo on the front.

The front cover folds into a triangular shape and allows you to use the iPad in landscape mode. The front flap that covers the iPad screen is lined with a soft material that protects the screen from minor accidents. I like the fact that the cover puts that iPad to sleep when closed and causes the iPad to awaken when removed.

The soft backing of the cover can catch small debris but I have yet to have any issues with my screen being damaged. Infrequently, I have stuffed the iPad into a leather bag for outings and the case has performed well.

Although the case is not an official Apple product, it performs as such.

Overall, the item is as described and is well worth the price.
on March 30, 2012
After hunting around and reading the reviews on here, I decided to go for this case. Now that I've been using it for a few days, I'm glad I did; there are just a few things I would add to the pile of reviews that I either missed or didn't get mentioned in the first place. One is that the bars of the magnetic cover do leave visible marks on the iPad after you open it, but they aren't really noticeable when you're looking at it head-on. The other thing is that when you roll the cover up and use it as a stand, it is not overly strong. Tapping or typing on the iPad in this manner causes it to rock back somewhat, and it takes only a moderate amount of force to tip the thing over, as opposed to some stands that can take any amount of pressure. I wouldn't use the stand in this way when typing or drawing with it, but it is plenty functional for the majority of day to day uses.
on December 6, 2011
This case is just what I was looking for. It fits well, works well, and is made well. It fully protects the iPad without a noticeable weight gain or added bulk. This is the design that Apple should have produced.

I was concerned that the bare metal back of the iPad could lead to it slipping on some surfaces and the Smartsuit2 allays this fear. I find it gives the right amount of grip on any surface to hold steady and it feels good and secure in my hand when I carry it.

The front cover folds back flat on mine, unlike what other reviewers report. The magnets also seem adequately strong. Perhaps the Joy Factory has made some modifications in production.

This is by far the best case I have found after much searching. Also one of the best looking. Highly recommend.
on October 10, 2012
This is actually the second SmartSuit2 case I've purchased in the past 10 months. I bought the first one for my father who had gotten an Apple Smart Cover with his iPad2. The Smart Cover doesn't protect the back of the iPad and is held on with a flimsy magnetic connection. I was terrified that a friend or relative would try to hold his iPad by the cover and it would end up taking a fall so I got him the SmartSuit2 a week later. I liked this cover so much that I purchased one for myself when I acquiring an iPad2 recently.

I picked this cover originally because it covers both the back and front and because the front cover supports wake up and sleep functions. As an added benefit I have found that the heavy duty zip lock packaging that the case came in works great as a water proof carrying case, although I wouldn't submerge it in water.
on July 29, 2012
I received my iPad as a Father's Day gift and soon found that it really needs a protective cover.

Most stores offered cheap faux leather covers that really don't protect the corners nor the screen.

The Otter Box was recommended as the best cover, however when checking the reviews there were lots of complaints on trying to use it with the iPad 2. I assume the iPad 1 worked fine. After checking the reviews for the iPad 2, I ordered the Joy Factory cover, as the price was mid-range approx. $50 and the features matched the Otter Box.

I've had it for about 45 days and it works great. I've dropped it several times with no adverse results. My only issue is that it should have included a screen protective, cover but I found out it was a an option. I'll probably buy a 3 pack of protectors when I do my next trip to the store.
on February 16, 2012
I did a good deal of research on the cases prior to purchase and I am very pleased with the results. It is recommended by some sites such as CNET, among others. The case snaps on perfectly without strain or hassle. The fit is perfect, it is manufactured well with no loose plastic or uncut areas to be seen. It has the felt material on the underside of the smart cover to protect the screen. Some have mentioned the difficulty in folding the front cover behind the ipad. I see what some are referring to as it does not make a perfect 180, however it is not noticable after a few minutes. It doesn't push the ipad up on a user or cause any discomfort. Lastly, it looks smooth and sleek and it keeps the ipad nice and thin, no bulk to complain about. It is worth the couple of extra dollars over some other cases friends have purchased.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.