Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,764 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,119 reviews
on January 20, 2017
This is my favorite all time Disney movie. It's not boy gets girl. There's no princess. No fluff, just loveable characters that make you smile and catchy songs. I'm 53 years old and still watch it when I'm feeling blue. My granddaughter loves King Louie and we sing the songs together. My whole family gets a kick out of how much I love it.

I was recently very sick. While I was in the hospital and completely out of it, my six year old grandson brought me his Bagheera stuffed animal and put it in my bed so I wouldn't get lonely. My cup runneth over.

Disney, you make wonderful movies but the old ones are still the best!
on September 12, 2016
The Jungle Book, one of Disney's ultimate classics, it has great characters, an awesome story and terrific animation. I'll admit it, I adore Disney movies, I could never choose just one Disney movie as my favorite, I love them all for so many different reasons. The Jungle Book is one of my fav's though, after buying the new release on DVD, I realized that I love this movie now more than ever. The reason that I think this movie is so wonderful is because of the characters, they just brought so much life to the story and really made this into a wonderful Disney classic.

Mowgli is found in a basket as a baby in the deep jungles. Bagheera, the panther who discovers the boy, promptly takes him to a wolf who has just had cubs. She raises him along with her own cubs and Mowgli soon becomes well acquainted to jungle life. Mowgli is shown ten years later, visiting the wolves and getting his face licked eagerly when he arrives. That night, when the wolf tribe learns that Shere Khan, a man-eating tiger, has returned to the jungle, they realize that Mowgli must be taken to the man village, to protect him and those around him. Bagheera volunteers to escort him back. They leave that very night, but Mowgli is determined to stay in the jungle and loses Bagheera. Kaa, the hungry python, hypnotizes Mowgli into a deep and peaceful sleep, traps him tightly in his coils, and tries to devour him, but comically fails. The next morning, Mowgli tries to join the elephant patrol. Bagheera finds Mowgli and they argue; Mowgli runs away from Bagheera. The boy soon meets up with the fun-loving bear Baloo, who shows Mowgli the fun of having a care-free life and promises not to take him to the man village. Mowgli now wants to stay in the jungle more than ever. Shere Khan is after Mawgli though and won't rest 'till he kills him.

Seriously, these are some of the most memorable characters in Disney history, we have Baloo, the care free party bear that just wants to have fun and only needs the "bear" necessities of life. Begheera, a panther, that we've all known this kind of person, the one that just wants to get down to business and get as much done as quickly as possible, the party pooper, but deep down still has that heart. And one of Disney's most memorable villains of all time, Shere Khan, voiced by George Sanders, classy, sassy, menacing and vicious, I wouldn't be surprised if he was Scar's inspiration(the lion villain in The Lion King). If you haven't seen The Jungle Book, just buy it, believe me, it's worth the money. It's a classic fun animated film that I will love forever, still to this day I will always sing along to Bear Necessities, it's a good time.
Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
on June 8, 2014
When I first watched this, I was amazed at the vibrant colors in the animation. The sound is fantastic on a 5.1 home theater system. Disney did a great job remastering the original so that it looks and sounds great.

One thing that I really like about this movie is that when you pause it, it shifts into intermission mode, and starts a sing-along complete with animation. It rotates through several of the more popular songs in the movie if you let it run. When someone needs to take a quick break, the fun keeps right on rolling even though the movie is paused.
on April 15, 2014
Disclaimer: I love Disney Animated Features (not all those sequels...just from the Feature Animation studio).

So, the Diamond Edition is supposed to be a great new line of releases, packed with extras, but honestly there's not too much new here. The Platinum Edition (the bonus features of which are still here) seems to have covered it all. Still, the HD transfer is amazing to look at and the digital copy inclusion is a great bonus, as always, but even more now with Disney's new Movies Anywhere app.

If it's not in your collection, grab it. If it is, and you are a Disney fan, upgrade to the HD transfer, but keep the old one around for fun!
on October 19, 2015
I love this movie but I'm a little disappointed in the quality for the price. I know I didn't shell out the extra money for the HD so that's kinda on me but at the same time the non HD quality is pretty poor. Especially for the price though they had me on convenience since my daughter wanted to watch the Jungle Book and it wasn't available on comcast or HULU. Well played amazon, well played.
on April 3, 2017
Wonderful movie! my kids had to watch this movie at least 5 times a week! Even though they are older, we bring it out and watch it. We still sing some of the songs together! great memories :)
on May 6, 2015
It is always great when Disney releases some of it's classic films fromit's movie vaults. Jungle Book is one of those films from a by-gone era that never seem to get old. They just don't make cartoon movies like they used to! The Jungke book on Blu-Ray is a definate plus! So if you're a fan of Disney Classics, this is one that you need to pick up!
on July 24, 2016
Of all the Jungle Book versions out there, this has always been my favorite. My grandchildren were coming for a few days and they usually like to go to the movies, so I planned a "movies at home" night. We made popcorn, snuggled down in our sleeping bags, and thoroughly enjoyed the show. AND, we still have the DVD to enjoy the next time they visit.
on June 27, 2014
Ordered for our grandson who is almost 2--
he loves the music and will dance along at times
This is great animated film--rich colors and great details--
the voices of the characters are perfect ---so distinct to each character--bumptious, sly, pompous, and very slitherinly snakey--
many more current animated films use voice overs that are often generic and interchangeable -- even though they might use name stars, they seem to be more for star value than for how well they portray the characters' personalities...

Disney has had a mixed bag of animated films but this one is from its Golden Age...
ordered several -- like Dumbo and Fox and Hound to share with him...
on April 21, 2016
This is an all-around wonderful Disney movie. It's definitely a family favorite, and our 3 year-old daughter loves it. A lot of movies (even Disney movies) have some scarier scenes, but this one is pretty much free of them. There is one short part where the tiger is attacking the bear at the end, but all you really see is the tiger growling and looking fierce while swiping at the "camera" (and the bear comes out just fine in the end).

The music and songs are great, and the characters lovable and memorable. I wish all Disney films were this good!