Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,760 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,114 reviews
on January 20, 2017
This is my favorite all time Disney movie. It's not boy gets girl. There's no princess. No fluff, just loveable characters that make you smile and catchy songs. I'm 53 years old and still watch it when I'm feeling blue. My granddaughter loves King Louie and we sing the songs together. My whole family gets a kick out of how much I love it.

I was recently very sick. While I was in the hospital and completely out of it, my six year old grandson brought me his Bagheera stuffed animal and put it in my bed so I wouldn't get lonely. My cup runneth over.

Disney, you make wonderful movies but the old ones are still the best!
on October 19, 2016
Specifically in this "Limited Issue" DVD, you can see the entire 4:3 ratio of the film. It wasn't shot in widescreen, sometimes Disney would produce features in 4:3 and crop the top & bottom for widescreen theaters. The "Platinum Edition" does this widescreen cropping, and it is very noticeable that you're missing imagery from the top & bottom of the film (see attached photo comparison.) I own both editions now, since each has its own enjoyable features, but this is the only version where you can see the entire film.
review image
on September 12, 2016
The Jungle Book, one of Disney's ultimate classics, it has great characters, an awesome story and terrific animation. I'll admit it, I adore Disney movies, I could never choose just one Disney movie as my favorite, I love them all for so many different reasons. The Jungle Book is one of my fav's though, after buying the new release on DVD, I realized that I love this movie now more than ever. The reason that I think this movie is so wonderful is because of the characters, they just brought so much life to the story and really made this into a wonderful Disney classic.

Mowgli is found in a basket as a baby in the deep jungles. Bagheera, the panther who discovers the boy, promptly takes him to a wolf who has just had cubs. She raises him along with her own cubs and Mowgli soon becomes well acquainted to jungle life. Mowgli is shown ten years later, visiting the wolves and getting his face licked eagerly when he arrives. That night, when the wolf tribe learns that Shere Khan, a man-eating tiger, has returned to the jungle, they realize that Mowgli must be taken to the man village, to protect him and those around him. Bagheera volunteers to escort him back. They leave that very night, but Mowgli is determined to stay in the jungle and loses Bagheera. Kaa, the hungry python, hypnotizes Mowgli into a deep and peaceful sleep, traps him tightly in his coils, and tries to devour him, but comically fails. The next morning, Mowgli tries to join the elephant patrol. Bagheera finds Mowgli and they argue; Mowgli runs away from Bagheera. The boy soon meets up with the fun-loving bear Baloo, who shows Mowgli the fun of having a care-free life and promises not to take him to the man village. Mowgli now wants to stay in the jungle more than ever. Shere Khan is after Mawgli though and won't rest 'till he kills him.

Seriously, these are some of the most memorable characters in Disney history, we have Baloo, the care free party bear that just wants to have fun and only needs the "bear" necessities of life. Begheera, a panther, that we've all known this kind of person, the one that just wants to get down to business and get as much done as quickly as possible, the party pooper, but deep down still has that heart. And one of Disney's most memorable villains of all time, Shere Khan, voiced by George Sanders, classy, sassy, menacing and vicious, I wouldn't be surprised if he was Scar's inspiration(the lion villain in The Lion King). If you haven't seen The Jungle Book, just buy it, believe me, it's worth the money. It's a classic fun animated film that I will love forever, still to this day I will always sing along to Bear Necessities, it's a good time.
Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
on June 8, 2014
When I first watched this, I was amazed at the vibrant colors in the animation. The sound is fantastic on a 5.1 home theater system. Disney did a great job remastering the original so that it looks and sounds great.

One thing that I really like about this movie is that when you pause it, it shifts into intermission mode, and starts a sing-along complete with animation. It rotates through several of the more popular songs in the movie if you let it run. When someone needs to take a quick break, the fun keeps right on rolling even though the movie is paused.
on June 3, 2017
I should have read the fine print because when I tried to play it, it said it couldn't play in the USA !
on November 9, 2015
I grew up watching this movie and I’m glad I can share it with my daughter now. She’s still a little young but she liked the frequent music. This is a true Disney classic and you can see Walt’s influence on it. The hand done artwork is all beautiful, especially in HD. The classic start with the book opening brings back the memories of how all Disney films used to start.

This Diamond Edition was worth it to get the Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital copies of a true classic.
on April 15, 2014
Disclaimer: I love Disney Animated Features (not all those sequels...just from the Feature Animation studio).

So, the Diamond Edition is supposed to be a great new line of releases, packed with extras, but honestly there's not too much new here. The Platinum Edition (the bonus features of which are still here) seems to have covered it all. Still, the HD transfer is amazing to look at and the digital copy inclusion is a great bonus, as always, but even more now with Disney's new Movies Anywhere app.

If it's not in your collection, grab it. If it is, and you are a Disney fan, upgrade to the HD transfer, but keep the old one around for fun!
on October 19, 2015
I love this movie but I'm a little disappointed in the quality for the price. I know I didn't shell out the extra money for the HD so that's kinda on me but at the same time the non HD quality is pretty poor. Especially for the price though they had me on convenience since my daughter wanted to watch the Jungle Book and it wasn't available on comcast or HULU. Well played amazon, well played.
on April 3, 2017
Wonderful movie! my kids had to watch this movie at least 5 times a week! Even though they are older, we bring it out and watch it. We still sing some of the songs together! great memories :)
on May 6, 2015
It is always great when Disney releases some of it's classic films fromit's movie vaults. Jungle Book is one of those films from a by-gone era that never seem to get old. They just don't make cartoon movies like they used to! The Jungke book on Blu-Ray is a definate plus! So if you're a fan of Disney Classics, this is one that you need to pick up!