Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on July 26, 2006
I bought this one site unseen. I'm pleasantly surprised. All of these performances were taken from British TV performances and are live, not lip synced. It does not represent a complete concert performance. Video quality is excellent throughout and would appear to be from well preserved original source tapes. Some of the clips rely on extended fade-ins and quick fade-outs which don't distract too much from the overall performance. Audio quality is very good 2 channel stereo. Don't expect any extras here. Just good quality stereo and considering some of the performances go back to around 1970, I would say the quality is much better than expected. A couple performances are Ray Davies singing unplugged with just guitar and piano. Very nice. Of course this would have pre-dated the MTV unplugged phenomenon by about 20 years, but Davies has always been ahead of his time. For me the biggest treat here is I've never seen any of these performances in the U.S. before. Only complaints are I wish it were longer and included some more information on the performances such as date and place. Overall nice addition to a DVD collection for a Kinks fan.
on April 4, 2008
I've been a Kinks fan for about twenty some years now, and of all the videos I've seen, this is not a bad dvd... It's nice to watch any kinks video DVD without commentators picking on them or comparing them to the Beatles or any other band for that matter. It's just them plane out singing. The first two tracks, "You Really Got Me," and "All Day And All of the Night" are revived with a horn section which gives the songs some extra energy... I love the piano and guitar versions of "Waterloo Sunset" and "Lola". And one of my paticular favorites, "No More Looking Back" sounds great. There isn't a song on her I don't like... I recommend this DVD to any Kinks fan new or old...
on August 4, 2006
Having dozens of Kinks' videos and over 100 CD's, I was skeptical about this DVD, but to my surprise, I hadn't seen but maybe one clip. Watching Gordon Edwards on keyboards accompany Ray on duets was simply breathtaking. For any Kinks' fan, this is a must, or if you're looking for your first Kinks' DVD, it's still a must. Excellent performances and recording....wish we had more DVDs like this.
on June 12, 2010
The Kinks were one of the greatest band of the 60s British Invasion. This shows them at their best and what great stage presence they had. Any Kinks fan that does not have this is cheating themselves.
on November 2, 2006
I really like The Kinks...and this is a very good DVD, I expected more songs of the sixties, the best part of the Kinks career, but all the songs are filmed in the 80's I think...a great selection though....