Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on February 10, 2013
My granddaughter often uses my Kindle Fire when traveling or during quiet time. She loves this story and also the options - it can be read to her or she can read the story herself. The app also allows her to point at different words to be heard. Along with the technical aspects, the story itself can relate to children in many different circumstances - whenever a new experience arrives.
on September 14, 2014
I have loved the book for years! Wonderful and touching children's story about starting school with beautiful pictures. This app is perfect. I have other book apps by OM and was very impressed, but this one is amazing! The pictures are gorgeous! The narrator's voice soothing and rich. Even the background sounds please.
on March 9, 2013
My two and four year old love it! Easy to use and the illustration is great! I enjoyed it too and I'm a little older than 4...
on April 18, 2014
My 6 year old daughter loves this book, so I took a chance on the app. We both love it. It's read in a very soothing voice, and simple for her to choose to read or listen, and it highlights the words as it goes, which she loves too.
Happy with this purchase.
on February 9, 2013
I love this story and my kids have asked for it every night since I got. We have copied the kissing hand (when you get the app you will know what this means) to use any time my son is in school and is feeling sad. We love it, so worth getting. Adorable.
on February 3, 2013
This is a great app.!. I am positive my grandkids are going to love it! When I downloaded it I didn't realize all the interaction it contains.. it reads the story for them highlighting the words as it reads them..... it actually reads WORDS individually if the kids should happen to get "stuck" while they are reading it to themselves. They can just touch the word that they don't know and it tells them what it is.... and when you touch any object on the page it tells you who or what it is... and the sounds of other critters in the background.. GREAT ! ... the visuals are perfect .... and I can't forget to mention the moral of the story... OUTSTANDING! I would give it a 10 if I could...
on February 21, 2013
I have this book at homr and i read it to my 11 month old daughter at bed time and i love having it on my kindle, that way if we're not home at bed time she still gets her story in!
on February 18, 2013
great app. Read to yourself, read to me, and autoplay. Perfect for very young, non-reading children. Fun for beginning readers as well as children who read well. I love how the words change color as they are read
on January 31, 2013
I haven't played around with the app much my self but my 8 year old has and really enjoys it. You can tap on the screen and it tells you what your tapping on (Chester, hand, etc) and when you have it read to you the words highlight while it's reading to you so that they can follow along which can be good for those learning to read and the story/characters are very cute!

We've actually had the book for a few years now and both my 10 and 8 year olds really seem to enjoy it. So when I saw the app I knew I had to get it! Don't be surprised if your little one decides they want to use the kissing hand with you!
on November 20, 2014
This is one of my 6-year-old's favorite books. The option to read it yourself or have the text read to you is really nice.