Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Knot Book of Wedding Lists
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 22, 2009
As a bride to be, it is easy to be overwhelmed by all the books, magazines, and websites.

If you're a list maker like I am, and need to streamline everything down to the basics so as not to be all over the place-- this is the only book you will need.

It's a tiny book, but packed with only the necessary information you need to plan your wedding from start to finish.
on April 15, 2011
First off - I love TheKnot.com! It is such a great wedding planning site. So this book is just a great addition to anyone planning a wedding using the website. This book is amazing, because it has every checklist from the website written down into one handy, portable book. There is even space on the sides of each page to make little notes.

So far I've read through the entire book and am now back at the start because I am actively using the chapters in regards to picking and booking the ceremony site and reception site. The greatest thing was the ability to take the book with me and have all the questions right there with me that I needed to remember to ask and have a place to jot down the answers.

There are tick boxes beside the checklists that you can tick off as you go. There are also some really great tips in each section such as wedding dress styles, bouquet styles with little pictures, references to the most common cake glossary like butter cream vs. fondant icing. And there are quirky little tidbits of info or history regarding wedding traditions.

I would totally recommend this book to brides who love making lists and who need to have things right at their fingertips. I personally love checklists and to do lists, so this book is perfect for me. I currently have little sticky flags on the chapters I am using, post it notes with info inside each section and I've definitely used the notes section inside as well.
on January 25, 2011
This book is great but you have to get it in the very early stages of your planning or you will find that many of the chapters are not useful but I did get a lot out of it and it reminded me of some things I had totally not thought about.
on April 6, 2015
Cute, useful book if you have no idea what you're doing at all! The "lists" it gives are not helpful unless you want to know simple stuff. For example, it has an entire chapter of how to chose a color theme. It just gives you blank space to put colors you like. There's not pictures of colors that look good together, or how to use complementary color scheme, etc. It doesn't give advice I know that stuff already, I need help with flowers, and colors, or dresses. I thought this book was going to be a list of things that many brides forget. Not helpful at all!
on September 16, 2015
I bought an entire library of wedding planning books during our 18 month engagement. This is one of 2 books that I was actually still referring to the week of our wedding. I loved the lists - and I used this book to keep me on track. I wrote lots of little notes of my own in the book as we were making decisions along the way. The book has kind of become a wedding planning keepsake, and I buy it for friends who are newly engaged as a gift.
on October 20, 2013
Great book but a repeat if you have the wedding planning book by the knot. Also, an all in one source of info.
on October 11, 2011
I started planning my wedding in the most unstructured way and had no idea how to get things in order. I was just about to give up and elope when I decided to buy a wedding planning guide and I am so glad it was this one. I was already using theknot.com website and tools for some of my planning but the many aspects of a wedding just overwhelmed me at times and this book was a wonderful tool to keep things in order. It's a small book that you can carry with you pretty much anywhere (I did) and is broken into the different parts of a wedding. It organizes into checklists the information and tasks that need to be coordinated and includes explanations of anything that may not be immediately understandable (wedding gown cuts and train lengths, different types of bouquets). It incorporates and provides suggestions for all different types of ceremonies and receptions from very religious to civil ceremonies and intimate receptions to black-tie affairs. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has decided to plan their own wedding!
on September 8, 2010
I really liked this book because it's just a list of everything to plan and consider right at your fingertips. I found all the other books to be very cheesy while this one allows you to put your own personality and touch to your wedding day.
on January 30, 2013
You can get the same information on their website. not worth the money if you are on a budget. Seems like you are paying for information you can get for free. Very little about this book was "exclusive" to the book and most answers you have that it answers are easily internet searchable.
on February 8, 2015
Bought this for a Bride to Be and giving it 5 stars based on her 5-star recommendation. Nice companion book to the Ultimate Wedding Planner, this book is just what it says - a book of lists. Makes planning easier and helps busy brides, grooms, and anyone planning a wedding remember what needs to be done, in what time frame, and keep track of what's been done/purchased already. Very helpful book!