Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 114 reviews
on September 19, 2008
In my opinion, it isn't worth paying for this book--all the same information is available, for free, at wedding websites. I bought a ton of wedding books--and never used them becaue I had all I needed online for free. If you aren't a computer-y person, then go for it...but if you know how to browse websites, save your money for the centerpieces, photography, or other wedding detail.

Additionally, if you want to purchase a wedding organizer (really, all you need is an expansion file folder or a 3-ring binder & folders): DO NOT BUY THIS ONE! You really are going to need: one that lays flat (read: sprial bound or 3-ring bidner style), and one that has pockets for reciepts, swatches, contracts, etc. I found that since this had none of these--I used it once, and refused to lug it around with me.
on October 26, 2014
Not very helpful, especially if you don't plan to have a super traditional wedding. It really is a journal-style book you're supposed to write in. I never used it.
on July 30, 2007
While this book wasn't the "end all" to planning my wedding, it gave a great basic overview that helped me not to forget things. It is full of wonderful worksheets that proved more helpful than I realized at the time; without them I wouldn't have been able to remain on budget. I really recomend it, because it helps you know what percentage of your budget you should spend on different parts of your wedding (for example, if you have a budget of $15,000, and flowers should be 5% of your budget, then you know that you can plan to spend $750 on flowers and still be in budget.) They even broke it down further so that you knew what expenses fell into the "flower" category (alter flowers, boquets, corsages, decorative flowers for the reception hall, etc.) I loved it!
on June 22, 2011
Like other reviewers, I found it surprising that The Knot put out such an incomplete book. After reading through this, as well as countless websites regarding weddings (including The Knot), I became overwhelmed by the debate over all things wedding, and decided on a destination wedding. FYI-This book does not even mention the type of wedding that I decided on, so if you are skipping the traditional, this book is not for you. You'll be better of purchasing a blank notebook or regular weekly planner...
on February 26, 2011
Im planning my wedding and I must say this book was very helpful! Every chapter details various aspects of the wedding planning, including contacting a band/dj, buying the cake, invitations, picking THE dress,and much more! I appreciated that it listed the questions one should ask when looking for certain services. I even found myself with the book open while contacting caterers, dj and others. It has been and continues to be a great help. I carry it with me where ever I go. It is definitely an easy, read!!!!!!!!!!
on October 6, 2014
Great for the bride who is having a very traditional style wedding. I am not traditional in anyway for my wedding, and found this book note entirely useful in my planning since I didn't use many of the worksheets (ex. wedding party worksheets and chapters I didn't need because I don't have a wedding party)
on April 2, 2011
The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner is a great detailed wedding planner for a bride. I looked at different wedding planners before i came across this one. One of the benefits to it is you can also go on the knot's website and they have online tools you can use like making your budget, figuring out your guest list. There are many worksheets to help you with every aspect of planning a wedding and helps you figure out what exactly you want. The only disadvantage I can find is there could be more room to write down notes and information.
on June 4, 2011
This was one of the best planners I looked at. I liked how it was small enough to carry around but had plenty of writing space. I also liked how unlike most planners, it had a space for the guest list.

I ended up making my own personalized planner and not really using this, but it was a good "practice" one to help me get my ideas together. I would recommend this planner to someone who wants to make sure they thought of "everything" for their wedding, as it really does cover lots of details I would have overlooked.
on December 18, 2012
This is a great book with plenty of information and worksheets/ lists to help you stay on top of planning. I appreciate the guidelines they put in the book, I disagree with just a couple points they make though. For instance, they say never have a cash bar, whereas I know as a guest I appreciated a cash bar more than nothing or beer/wine only. This still keeps you right on track with questions to ask vendors and timelines.
on July 10, 2009
it's a nice planner if you just need something smaller that will fit in your purse. It's not the type that has a binder attached with pockets or folders to store paperwork, which would have been more helpful. I also don't like the stories that go along with each section about other people's wedding. Half of the stories I can't even relate to so they don't help. The time line as far as what you should be getting done when is very helpful! As well as the pages that allow you to write all your contact information for vendors.