Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,111 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,740 reviews
on September 29, 2016
I took a nine year old boy with me to the theater when the movie first came out and we both loved it. After I bought this DVD I watched it with my niece and nephew, ages 19 and 20, and they loved it, too. The writing is clever enough that only adults will understand some of the jokes and pop references, yet it is still entertaining to children.

Spoiler alert:
Most action movies are about good vs. evil and in the end the good guys violently vanquish their foes. Where else can you find an entertaining movie where at the end the "good guy" reaches out to make peace with the "bad guy," who accepts and reforms? The Lego Movie has great life lessons for all ages.
on August 19, 2014
Truly a masterful blend of engaging characters, popular and prior culture hits, comic book heros,wondrous strange new characters (at least to me) and an engaging story line. The arc of the main character from nebish to hero, finding, losing, gaining, sort of, then losing and finally getting the girl is wonderful as it is eternal - combining a quest, with a coming of age saga. The bad guy is bad enough, but not scary, even to young children. The end feels right and even the baddie is humanized, really!

I saw it with a very shy 4 year old girl and a 6 year old boy, while I am 63. We each enjoyed it on our own level, taking from the movie what appealed to each of us.
on June 18, 2014
I don't normally write reveiws, but when I do it's usually for one of 3 reasons: Either I hated it for some reason, I was really impressed with it, or there just aren't very many reviews to begin with. Well, I'm a 22 year old single guy (not that that gives me any credibility or anything, but at least you know who this is coming from) and let me tell you this movie is awesome on so many levels! From the characters and their voices, to the places and scenery, all the way down to even the music, they nailed it with The Lego Movie. I'm sure I didn't get half of the puns but the ones I did get were hilarious! It would take forever to list out everything I like about the movie because...well I'd be explaining and quoting the entire film. So yeah. I thought it was pretty legit. I even watched the credits because the cool little animations for them actually made me want to keep watching. lol. Totally worth my $4. I'm going to go buy it right now. On blu-ray.
on November 6, 2014
For both kids and parents this movie has a lot of entertainment value! Kids see it as Emmett coming into his own and learning to be creative and avoiding the wrath of Lord Business with the Kragel. Kids will sing along to the infectious "Everything is Awesome" song and enjoy cameos from beloved characters from all over the universe and beyond (and a galaxy, far far away, too!)
For parents, you get a perspective on the push-pull drive of corporations. Lord Business pretends to embrace change, all the while dictating everything from how to wake up to how to end your day and the cheerful cult-like singing of the Awesome song. When The Special and the team of Master Builders fail to follow instructions and show people how being creative is both awesome and safe - Lord Business cracks down with the craziest TAKOS (the "s" is silent) Tuesday ever. It is only when the Master Builders decide to mix a bit of creative with a bit of instruction following that they become the best they can be and ultimately overthrow Lord Business's reign of perfectionist terror.
We also enjoyed the cameos of characters from long ago that our children didn't know including the blue spaceman (SPACESHIP?!). Go get this movie - everyone can love it together!
on March 19, 2016
Well I did love it, until my four year old grandson won't stop watching it . . . While he loves anything LEGO, I really like the themes that run throughout this film. Emmet starts off just being like everyone else, no one special until someone tells him he is. This is a journey of self discovery and learning that being different from the status quo as well as what others expect you to be, allows the individual to become someone special and potentially do great things. While it has the "evil characters," they are portrayed in a way that is not frighting or dark. Finally, the ending lends itself to an important message that parents may or may not see themselves in.

Great movie for all ages including adults! Remember, "everyone is special."
on July 19, 2015
I Purchased this movie for my son, he loves playing with legos. so when I seen this movie in the store I knew that I had to get it for him. I was very impressed with this movie it was very cute movie with all the lego characters. His Favorite part was when they sing Everything is Awesome. I highly suggest this movie for any child that enjoys playing with legos. Great buy for the price.
This movie was really well though-out, comes across great for kids and adults, it's full of humor and is also full of interesting twists to the story as you become aware of what are the actual driving forces behind what is happening. Originally, I believed the movie plot was a metaphor about the fact that children seem to have become more dependent on instructions to be able to play with LEGO, but there is actually a second metaphor by the end of the movie that is also Awesome - as is everything.

Also, expect to see some known faces, such as Superman, Wonderwoman, Shaquille O'Neal, Dumbledore, Gandalf, Batman and Bruce Wayne!

The movie also introduces a cast of original lovable characters (one of my favorites being Unikitty).

So, all in all, it is a movie I definitely recommend to anybody. If you ever get the chance to watch it, take it.
on December 17, 2016
When I first heard about "The LEGO Movie," I thought it couldn't be any good. For one thing, I thought we already had Lego movies. There are tons of stop-motion Lego movies on YouTube. How could a "Lego Movie" be any different or better than what I'd already seen? The key to this movie is that it's about Legos itself as a concept, not just making movies with Legos.

The movie dramatizes the age-old war between two types of Lego builders - those who follow the directions and those who ignore the directions, those who are rigid in building exactly what Legos are supposed to be and those who build whatever they can imagine.

In "The Lego Movie," we meet Emmett (Chris Pratt), an average construction worker. He always follows the instructions in everything from eating breakfast to making friends. He lives in a city rigidly organized by Lord Business (Will Farrell), who's promoting an upcoming holiday called Taco Tuesday.

But when Emmett falls into a hole in the Earth, he becomes bonded to a mysterious object called the Piece of Resistance. He discovers Lord Business plans to use a weapon called the Kragle, which will freeze the world in place, forcing everyone to stay the way he wants them to, forever. Emmett is rescued by a sultry woman who works with the Master Builders, an eclectic group who can reshape the world to build anything. Led by Vetruvius (Morgan Freeman), a blind and scatterbrained wizard, Emmett discovers the world is literally constructed in different realms and genres. Emmett must become the Special, rediscover his power, and save the world.

The story is a cliché, intentionally so. "Lego" parodies all the tropes of the Heroes Journey, including the prophecy, the aging mentor, and the special individual who saves the world. Along the way, Emmett meets other Master Builders like an egotistical Batman and an 80s astronaut obsessed with rocket ships.

Even though all the Legos are computer-generated, the movie mimics the feel of a stop-motion animated movie. Flames are shown as Lego fire pieces. Water is a cascade of blue studs. It's all part of the charm and fun. There's a twist in the end where the true nature of their world is revealed, and it's surprisingly emotional.

Overall, "Lego Movie" is a great movie with a lot of laughs, fun and heart.
on September 11, 2015
Ok, I'm a grown up, and I love this movie! Quote from it all the time. It's a gem that both adults and kids can enjoy. The dialogue is written very cleverly. A lot of clean adult humor, it's just a fun movie that makes everyone laugh. Great movie to get you out of your seriousness and lighten up! A lot of adults won't watch because they think it's too much for children, I was bored one night so I watched it - alone. It's not just for kids. I loved it so much I got my adult daughter over and her boyfriend to watch, they loved it. All my adult friends who watched with their kids loved it. Finally strong armed my boyfriend into watching, he loved it and quotes from it regularly. Have gotten so much fun from this movie everyday!
on August 11, 2015
The Lego movie was a very enjoyable movie about teamwork and believing in yourself. The team is under the leadership of Emmet, who believes he is the prophesied "Special". Together they bring down Lord Business who is trying to keep everything glued in its correct place. The Legos, controlled by an 8 year old boy, win their right to be creative and bend the rules of play. Lord Business represents the boy's father who eventually allows the boy to play creatively with all the Legos, but that means he also has to play with his little sister.
This movie is great for small kids and their parents. Teenagers get very annoyed with the repetitive theme song, "Everything is Awesome."
Lego fans will appreciate this movie.