Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,443 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,779 reviews
on September 18, 2017
I really love Nora Roberts' trilogies (and quartets as well, of course!). Otherwise I wouldn't be rereading this for the, well, who knows how many time(s)..... Each of the three books in this series is great in and of itself, but the overarching story of Lizzie and Billy (the paranormal part of the series) is so sweet. Moving on to The Perfect Hope next! (Read them in order - The Next Always, The Last Boyfriend, The Perfect Hope). For another NR series that includes Civil War themes, check out the MacKade Brothers (Return of Rafe MacKade, Pride of Jared MacKade, Heart of Devin MacKade and Fall of Shane MacKade). You may thank me later!
VINE VOICEon June 27, 2012
Nora Roberts' is one of my favorite go to authors. Traditionally, her novels offer me comfort and that sense of the familiar that I have grown to know and appreciate. They have romance, intrigue and suspense while giving us a story that we can, most times, relate to. "The Last Boyfriend" is the second story in the Boonsboro Trilogy. I have to admit, any opportunity to visit this small town in Maryland....catch up on the rehab of the Inn; watching the growing Beckett family (the widower Clare and the sweet, patient Beckett, the oldest Montgomery); determine what the resident ghost (Lizzie) is trying to tell them, as well as see the growing attraction between Hope and Ryder....is a pleasure. This story centers around the growing relationship between Owen Montgomery and Avery McTavish. Owen is the sensible and extremely organized Montgomery brother. Avery, is the young strong willed, independent family friend who runs the local pizzeria. With a lifetime of memories and forgotten promises, the two find themselves fighting their growing attraction. As Avery sets her sight on making her first boyfriend her last, she must also deal with the residual effects of her mother leaving and learning to trust her heart. Owen will have to use all of the skills at his disposal to show Avery why they were meant for each other, as well as show her why the toy ring that he gave Avery years ago should be replaced with one that will mean forever.

What I will say about this installment is that I was reminded of some of the issues I had with the Sign of Seven Trilogy series. The first book in the series is fabulous, but the second is so full of explanations that it wasn't as good as it could have been. There were still a few loose ends that I would have liked resolved before they get into the story behind Ryder and Hope (the next book). I would have liked or was just hoping for some more resolution in this book, although they may address those questions that I have in the final book...like WHEN is Avery's mother going to reappear? When will the easy partnership between Willy B and Justine grow into more? What is the ghost trying to tell us? Either way, I am patiently awaiting the release of the last book in the trilogy. Hopefully I will have some of my questions answered and a sense of closure at the conclusion of the series.
on August 30, 2017
Listened to this as an abridged audiobook and Macleod Andrews NAILED it! He gets 10 stars for an award winning performance on all the Inn Boonesboro Trilogy books. This story did not disappoint and having finished the second book in the Inn Boonesboro Trilogy, I have decided this trilogy now ties with my favorite Nora series, The Bride Quartet.
on March 17, 2017
Love this trilogy, keeps me wanting more. Love the story, the first book was great and this is even better yet. Brothers falling in love with three best friends. The description of the Inn and Lizzie is so awesome. Looking forward to the next one. I would recommend this trilogy only if you have all three books, because you will want to keep wanting more.
on May 9, 2017
If you have never read Nora's books you really need to. Love the stories she creates so much I find myself reading the book and then renting the audio version and listening to it again. She is one of the best authors and always keeps you riveted to find out what will happen next.
on December 8, 2016
Nora does it again! The continuing series does not disappoint. Their stories intertwine and take some turns and take you to dark places but bring you back full circle. These characters are so true to life and easily relatable as your own friends and family. In the climate our nation is in today, and indeed the world, Nora's world is always a place you can go to to put life's troubles behind you and go to a happy place. Can't wait to start the next book to see what path the characters take us down this time. Don't stop there Nora. I need another book in this series after I finish The Perfect Hope.
on June 23, 2017
I absolutely loved this book! I really like when an old romance is rekindled and Owen and Avery were really sweet. I loved Avery's character especially the way she was always dying her hair all different colors. This is probably my favorite book of the whole series. Nora Roberts does a really god job writing characters that everyone can relate to and creating unique but fantastic stories. I loved the idea of a haunted hotel because you get a little bit of history mixed in with some fantasy also. I just loved everything about this book.
on July 29, 2014
Different from the first book in the series, this book didn't have as much construction and renovation talk, which should've given it a higher rating. But unfortunately I didn't like Owen and Avery's story as much as Beckett and Clare's.

It was a lovely story and the history they had from when they were kids added to it, but I couldn't help getting bored with them at some point and finding more interesting Lizzy's story. And the main plot should be more interesting than the small sub plot right? Still, I liked how everything turned out for them. It was cute, adorable and closed the book nicely.

If you read the first book in the series, you can't miss this one. Even though I missed more Montgomery brothers' interactions, 'The Last Boyfriend' was a good continuation. Apart from Owen and Avery's love story, there were happy moments happening for Beckett and Clare and more information on Lizzy and Hope.

I'm so looking forward to reading the last book to know how the ghost's story closes and see Hope and Ryder finally falling in love.
on May 28, 2016
Too many sex discriptions that took away the story.... I quit reading after skipping over many pages trying to get back to the story. Finally put the book down and started a different novel. I was looking for a story behind the ghost in the hotel being refurbished but became so bored with sexy love scenes that I quit and have not picked up the book again! Sorry I bought it and if I could I would return it for a refund.
on March 12, 2016
Although this novel stands alone, it would be best if one reads the first book in The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy first. The relationships of three good friends, Clare, Avery and Hope, with the three Montgomery brothers continues with Avery and Owen's trials and tribulations. Clare and Beckett's wedding brings some self evident truths to the forefront of Avery and Owen's future. Meanwhile, the Inn's resident ghostly spirit continues to communicate with Avery as Owen discovers some interesting facts about Lizzie's family which brings an ancestral connection to Hope to the forefront. Sounds like book three will answer all the open ended questions!