Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Last Days of Jesus: His Life and Times
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 12, 2014
i HAVE JUST FINISHED READING THIS BOOK. IT IS A GREAT HISTORY BOOK. . i LIKED THE BIBLIOGRAPHY AT THE END THAT TOLD YOU HAD HAPPENED TO ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE BOOK. WE DON'T REALIZE WHAT A VIOLENT TIME THAT WAS AND THE CRUELTY OF THAT TIME. I WILL BE ORDERING THISI BOOK FOR MY GRAND KIDS.
on April 8, 2014
After seeing this book advertised on my I-Pad. I thought it would be an ideal 14th birthday present for our grandson; but I had to read it first to be certain it was as true as possible to the Bible. Since reading it I have given a copy to our grandson, two copies to church members and plan to give away at least five more.
Not only is it we'll written but the illustrations the author has chosen are excellent. The description of what Jesus went through from the time He was arrested until his death on the cross is especially informative as Easter approaches.
Arthur D. Graham, M.D.
on April 3, 2014
First I am a Christian, who likes history and historical fiction based books by many authors. This book looks at all the facets involved during Christ's time on earth. And Rome was all about politics. As were and probably are most "religious" leaders then and now. ( look at the business of Mega church's today...or churches on every corner with homelessness and hunger still a problem...)
Given that perspective this books was well written and puts into perspective the history and politics surrounding Jesus life and times. I do not view this as an attack on Christianity. I see this as one possible study on the historical time that Jesus lived. As well as the romans involved. The book is well written and informative of those times. You can understand how and why from a government- Rome and religious- The Temple perspective=Money and or Power events unfolded as they did. The powers that be then felt threatened by Jesus message. The good news the unfolding of this research can better help us understand the how without taking away from the basic teaching of Christ, love your neighbor as yourself. Love your enemies so they can come to know God. And love and forgiveness is not easily done now nor then by people who feel they have been misused. Jesus message is still timely because it actually frees one from that oppression, and makes you less able to be manipulated and controlled. that was the threat- individual freedom. So if you want a book that walks you through the politics of that time this book will do that.
on April 17, 2014
I read both books the other one being Killing Jesus, and will be reading them again. I knew The last days of Jesus was written for a younger crowd but I teach religious ed. and will be recommending this for my classes.
on June 2, 2015
It gives a journalists report of life in the towns where Jesus lived & traveled. It did not focus on the miracles as the churches do but rather the political/religious infighting. Although I am Roman Catholic I felt closer to Jesus as a man after reading the book. The book dealt with the facts discovered by the authors from verifiable sources.
on November 6, 2014
Well another good book and another review that I hope will make the libs angry. Buy the book and enjoy the history that is presented to you from reading it. I read it in about a week on my down times at work.
on November 21, 2015
I was able to re read many parts of the bible as a result of reading this book.
Bill O'Reilly once again provides me with a home run educational.
I enjoy Bill's books while I can not stand his pompous personality...oh well...50% spin!!
on June 13, 2014
I found this book a well suited read for my grandchildren ages 8 and 11. They loved it. It is non-biased or religiously oriented in it description of the last days of Jesus. Thrilling, actually. I recommend it for adults as well as our youth. It makes Jesus a realistic figure instead of some abstract idea.
on April 21, 2015
Its just not as good as O'Reilly's other books. It written like a child's book with lots of pictures that take up a full page at times...(taking up information space?). Its Ok, and still interesting.
on June 19, 2014
This book gave me a much broader picture of the holy land and the political situations at the time of Jesus's life. The explanations of the various groups of people, i.e., the differences in beliefs and behaviors of the Pharisees and Sadducees and the part the Romans played in the everyday lives of the Jewish people. It made the Bible more real to me and a greater understanding of the things that happened. If you love the bible, I think you will thoroughly enjoy this book.