Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 8, 1999
My third grade teacher read this book before. It was Amazing! All the imagination filled my heart, and later on I kept reading the book, until I went up to sixth grade, and couldn't find it no longer. Thank you so much Amazon for having this book, and I will treasure this book forever. Even though I am 12 years old, I am hoping I will pay my own allowence money just to get this book! Thank you so much having this book! I'll tell everyone about this!
24 helpful votes
25 helpful votes
on June 10, 1998
I first read this book as a requirement for my fifth grade book report. I enjoyed it so much that I could not put it down and actually finished it within two days!
Nine years later, it is still one of my favorite books ever. I haven't read it since fifth grade, but I recently had a strong urge to find it and read it again. I've told my 25 year old boyfriend about it, and he is as excited as I am in embarking on this imaginative, enchanting ride again!
on April 16, 2001
i read this book when i was in fifth grade, and my teacher mr. tolerton introduced my class to it. I remember we wrote a letter to mrs. julie edwards and we were all so surprised to find out that she was really julie andrews! for the past 9 years, i know that book has crossed my mind over and over again. i would just like to reccomend it to anyone who wants to read a good story-no matter what the age, just open up your mind and have fun!
on June 13, 2015
I read this book in forth grade and I still love it can't wait for it to come in the mail!!!!!
on November 26, 2002
This is a truely fantastic book, imaginative, thought-provoking, comforting, exciting and extremely well written, with Andrews' characters racing through the book on a genuinely thrilling adventure. I was bought this book when I was seven years old and I still read it today (32 years now!). I highly recommend this books to all those children (and adults) who have enjoyed Harry Potter, Willy Wonka and the Narnia adventures. Brilliant.
on April 7, 2000
I have read this book to my Third Grade class for ten years now. No one else had ever heard of the book until my students started raving about it. It gives children the opportunity to write, draw and understand the true beauty of their imaginations. My students have always wondered why this book hasn't been made into a movie. This is a question we would like to ask Julie Edwards. It's an awesome book and everyone should read it!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 22, 1999
I absolutely LOVE this book and anyone who likes fantasy and humor will surely feel the same way. This book makes you feel as if you are really there. In one part they had delicious ice cream from the soda fountain and the discriptive words made me think " I had better stop and eat my ice cream". i actually thought I had one! That is how discriptive this book is. Actually it is a rather touching story in the end. It even has a sort of lesson at the end. But if you want to make sense of what I'm saying, you must read this fabulous book!
15 helpful votes
16 helpful votes
on May 30, 1999
I have read this book aloud to my third grade classes for the last four years. It continues to be their favorite book. Students use their imaginations as they create illustrations from the text. Their drawings are so very creative and colorful. They draw the flutterbyes, the various colored trees, the Jolly Boat, the Whangdoodles' castle, the Whangdoodle, etc. all from the wonderful descriptive language of the text.
on April 18, 2001
If you like danger then you will love The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles. It's about three children who make friends with a professor. After the professor teaches the children to use their imaginations, they go to a magical place called Whangdoodleland which is ruled by a creature called a Whangdoodle. This amazing animal looks like a horse with horns and grows new bedroom slippers every year. I really liked this book, and I'm sure you will to!
on May 5, 2005
I LOVE that this book is still in print. I read this book about 50 million times when I was about 8. It was worth it everytime. This is one of the most imaginative and enchanting books I've ever read, as your transformed into the world of your imagination, with no disappointments, and each page is better than the last. I'd strongly recommend this book to any child with an imagination. Happy reading!