Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,715 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,760 reviews
on October 31, 2015
This is one of the best games I've ever played on PS3. I've been playing video games for 30+ years now and so I have a lengthy memory of hits and or misses in the world of PC and Console gaming. This was a blast to go through. Every night for a week my wife would sit next to me and follow the story as I played through the game. It was a tremendous story (one of the best I've see) and the gameplay was fantastic. The price was great (I think I got it for under ten bones because of some mega discount or something) and it was shipped via Amazon Prime so on a Tuesday I made the order and it was here well before the weekend gaming began. I recently heard that a sequel may be in the making so I'll look to that in the future to see where the story continues. The only thing I would have liked to have seen added was a more open sandbox world but at the same time that may have hurt the game because there would likely have been huge gaps or pauses in the storyline which would have adversely impacted that dramatic experience...and there is definitely a dramatic experience to be had here but only if you have a soul. I recommend this game highly.

Oh...one more note. There is a multiplayer component to the game but it is only so-so but I think that is more because not as many people play it. Perhaps if all the matches were full the experience would be better. Play this game for the story and single player module.
on January 2, 2017
Disc in excellent condition!!!!! Also, was able to download content ( single or bundle maps) easily to ps3 but have not purchased payable content ( weapons or bonus ). After inserting, loads quickly ( faster than GTA IV) then introductory screen appears followed by cut scene. A very lengthy cut scene till player is tagged to participate which I love. I was thoroughly enjoying myself! The graphics are awesome, for instance, when Ellie or Joel sleeps it seems the camera zooms in magnifying (enhancing) their defined facial expressions very realistic. Speaking of realistic, Joel ( my father name) throughout the game ages extremely well yet hardened by circumstances which shows in his face as well the other characters but more so with him possibly because reminds me of my father. Anyway, playing the main character, feels very stiff-like he does not have range of flexibility ( Nathan Drake or Lara Croft) in rolling, swimming, or continuous shoulder movement. It could just be, I'm not past first level, yes, I got stuck in the room with the Clicker and 4 swayers who seem to vibrate in waves. Yes, I call them swayers because of their movement's which sends me into an absolute uproarious laugh and the dialogue between characters are harmonious very fluid, no jerkiness. jt was very easy, for me to get immersed into the story due to graphic quality ( i wear glasses not with game) and plot. In conclusion, the artwork is exquisite, character development is great, landscape exceptional, graphics are blended very well no bleeding and storyline is superb.
on August 8, 2017
capcom should take notes this game shows that u can have a survivor horror action based third person shooter this what shouldve been in resident evil games years ago great story amazing driven characters fantastic acting great stealth system accurate map awesome combat system they even threw in some uncharted elements in for online mutiplayer u can craft weapons upgrade weapons my only issue about this game is that they want u to buy dlc's just to get more weapons and executions or finishers for your character but also the kills are brutal but fun
on January 3, 2017
I bought this because I have always been a fan of Naughty Dog games and some of the best games I have ever played are the Uncharted games. This game did not disappoint at all. A great story and a little bit scary, it's something you won't want to stop playing. Also, just like the Uncharted games, it has great replay value. Even after beating the game and knowing the game, I wanted to play it again, which I don't often do with games.
on July 12, 2013
Probably one of the best video games I've played in a long time. Maybe ever. The first 10 minutes will grip you and enthrall you and will likely not let go until the end.

Naughty Dog never fails with its cinematics, voice acting, and a compelling storyline. This is probably the best PS3 game I've played, ever. Very few games ever get the coveted IGN 10/10 award. They call it the "Masterpiece" award. And it is aptly named. This game is a masterpiece. Just when Call of Duty franchises are in its Nth year making essentially carbon copies of last year's model, Naughty Dog reminds us that the video gaming industry is alive and still reinventing what interactive entertainment is. This is really more than a game, it's a cinematic experience that tells a story through interactive means. This is truly one that will be remembered for the ages.

If you are thinking about trying this game, don't hesitate. Do it. You'll know you made the right choice within the first 10 minutes.
on June 20, 2013
Just finished the game today and I really enjoyed it I did find some glitches in the game but it was at a minimal. Overall the game is fannnnnnnntastic at certain points in the game you might get confused and not know what to do but soon the hint marker will come up and direct you. The single player is really amazing if I had the time I would of played the whole game in one sitting.

My only problem today was with the multiplayer I played 3 matches and It was a little too fast paced the enemy team kept walking through the map together and all firing at you at once which isn't fun. 4 on one your going to die pretty quick the maps itself were pretty cool I liked how they kept certain aspects of the single player in the online portion. But I am hoping in the future I will not encounter another online match where people are just running around together with there team. Hopefully online matches will be better in the coming days.
on October 24, 2015
ORIGINAL REVIEW (with 1 star) I don't play games that often and buy maybe a couple a year. The ones I do own are all great games, with great reviews; ones I may play over a again several times. I've been sitting on buying this game for quite a while; finally ordered it and played it today with much anticipation! HUH??? Everything about this game is pretty much garbage. Not scary or original (you can tell it's trying to be original though); it's boring, repetitive, sluggish controls and characters, bumping into each other, pretty glitchy in general. Almost impossible to shoot zombies or humans if they see you, finding your way around is not easy...and all you pretty much end up doing is walking around, find some stuff, walk around some more, jump up, down, crouch, find stuff, walk around more, strangle a zombie, sneak past one, walk around some more. There doesn't seem to be any point to it at all. It's often very dark too which makes it even more clunky. Graphics are okay, but this game is NOT AT ALL fun or remotely what I expected. I have no desire to play this game anymore at all. For the first time, I'm actually trying to return this dumb game and get my $14 back (used). It's that bad I want to go through the hassle.

UPDATED REVIEW: After putting this game down for a little while and writing my original review above, I picked it up for a 3rd time yesterday as a last attempt and FINALLY got into it! Everything came together finally and I was able to have fun with it, understand the story line, controls, crafting items, decision making, items, combat (or stealth, melee, etc.). I agree with everyone else...all in all, great, well made and thought out fun game! I think maybe it takes a little more playing to get into it, get used it, understand it, etc. The graphics, art and images are truly amazing, and playing it on 140" HD projector helps a lot I'm sure too. In response to the comment below...I totally agree with your thoughts; again, just took me a little longer than usual to really get into it apparently. Now my problem today is how will I play it and still get my online courses done!!! Lol. This is a keeper and I'm certain I'll play it through at least a few times in the future.
on September 21, 2015
I've played approximately 80 games on my PS3. This is arguably one of the best games ever created. This is the kind of game that stays with you for days, if not weeks. Very thought-provoking story with very interesting characters in a very well realized game world. Even non-gamers could enjoy just watching someone play this game. Other games in my top list would be Red Dead Redemption, GTA5, Skyrim, Dead Space series, Uncharted series, Mass Effect series.
on December 10, 2013
This has got to be one of the funnest, most intense and emotional games I have ever played. It is just plain ridiculous how freaking intense this game is!
For this review I'm going to skip past the campaign review, because we already all know it's amazing by the other reviews given, and I'm going to tell you about the how amazing the multiplayer is.
The online game play is a blast! I was immediately hooked from the first time I played it, even when I only killed 2 guys my first 6 matches. It is extremely difficult but still holds the same intensity from the story mode.I go from moments of rage to jumping in the air celebrating from a win in a close match. When you play survivor mode and everyone else on your team is dead and watching your guy try to defeat the remaining enemies, it gets extremely fun.

I've spent many hours playing the multiplayer and I'm not getting bored of it at all. BUY THIS GAME!
VINE VOICEon June 21, 2013
(EDIT 7/1/13: Finally beat the game last night and my review of 5 stars still stands. In short, this is a phenomenal game with a great story, splendid graphics, top tier voice acting and an all around work of art created by true industry professionals. This may very well be Naughty Dog's masterpiece.)

I'm going to be upfront with you and tell you that I have not finished this game yet. If your trust in my review absolutely depends on that little tidbit of info, I'll understand if you decide to dismiss my review altogether. I literally had to say something about this game because it's been at the forefront of my mind for the past few days. Even after only playing halfway through the game, I'd be kidding not only you but myself if I didn't give it a full five stars.

If you're reading this review, most likely you've already decided on whether or not you're going to pick this game up. What I can tell the few of you who are still on the fence about purchasing it is that from the very beginning of the game, you'll already know that you're going to get your money's worth. The beginning sequence alone is worth the cost of the game and I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that the intro may possibly be the single best opening to a game I have ever experienced. On one hand, you've seen it all before in similarly themed movies where a nationwide pandemic begins and there's that slow realization that things are going downhill and fast. The only difference is, this time you're involved in the scene yourself, controlling the characters and responding to things that are happening before you. It's incredibly intense and unsettling. To say anymore would be a shame, so that's all I'm going to say on that.

The world of the main characters is so defined that I can't even begin to describe it. It all just feels.... authentic. The graphics are amazing. The level of detail on display here is so impressive that as of right now it's easily one of the best looking games on the PS3, ever. The voice acting is top tier and the mannerisms of the characters give them all a sense of individuality. The animations on the main characters are so refined that it's unbelievable. If you really pay attention, you'll notice the tiny nuances in all of their actions that wind up making them feel so much more lifelike. And it's all seamless as they perform one action after another. The only other game that I can think of at this point that had animation this impressive was Max Payne 3.

The sound design is even better and if you have a decent surround sound set up, you are in for quite a treat. The only other games that I can think of that compares in terms of the sound are the Dead Space titles, which used sound to really put you into the game. The result you get with The Last of Us can only be described as lush. They really did a good job in that regard and created a sound scape that when coupled with the visuals, makes for an immersive experience that will surely impress you. When the various forms of zombies start to make their appearance, that's where the surround sound really shines. My wife was watching me play one sequence that had me avoiding a group of 'clickers' (zombies who search for their prey using echolocation) and she left the room because it was simply too intense as I bobbed and weaved behind cover and shadows, trying to exit the area undetected.

The controls are well balanced and the inventory system is well thought out. Combat is brutal and does a good job of reminding you that violence can be truly ugly when situations become desperate enough. Pickups, ammo and weapons are scarce adding to the overall air of desperation that you will be sure to feel. This is a game that really does a good job of selling the grimness of an end of the world scenario, more so than most other games I've played.

As I said before, at the time of this writing, I have yet to beat the game. What I've played so far is apparently only scratching the surface from what I've heard from friends and gathered from various reviews. I normally don't jump the gun on writing a review for a title but trust me when I tell you that the game is absolutely astounding and a sure contender for Game of the Year once December rolls around. Once you play that beginning portion, you'll know that you made the right choice in picking this up.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.