Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 14, 2014
This is a cute book. I'm not familiar with Lemony Snicket's other books so I probably don't appreciate it as much as his fans, but I bought it for a Hanukkah gift for my father and I think he's going to find it amusing. The illustrations are nice, and the story is short and probably appropriately for older children. It also works in parts of the story of Hanukkah, but is mostly a story about trying to explain something and being misunderstood, which is probably an idea a lot of kids can relate to. It's a hardcover book, and the cover is beautiful.
on March 20, 2017
A fun Chanukah book. Honors both the Christian and Jewish traditions of winter festivals. It makes a case for how one may feel misunderstood when one celebrates differently from the majority.
on January 23, 2018
WONDERFUL! The perfect gift for anybody with a Jewish heritage. Or any Gentile that wants a bit of Hanukkah with their Christmas. Or anybody that just likes to chuckle.
We read it aloud on Christmas, and kids and adults alike were cracking up!
on February 14, 2018
I keep giving away my copies as gifts. Time to buy another!
on August 1, 2017
Was sent a red book, not a purple edition but I still really liked it! However, my jewish bf looked at it and in horror looked up at me and asked, "Is this a play on the Holocaust...?"

awkward....
on February 15, 2018
This is such a sweet book that shares diverse traditions. Perfect for my grandchildren and other children wee gave the book to.
on December 19, 2016
This book is adorable!!! It's actually a Hanukkah Story, if you are looking to teach kids that Hanukkah and Christmas are totally different things, this is a perfect little book. It's light hearted and funny. Prepare your best latke scream.
on March 1, 2010
This is something different for the holidays and I would not be surprised to see this made into a cartoon short one of these years. The story is a little fun, funny, and funky plus it is fair to all religions and very inclusive. It has a sub text of lets not get to literal about things and lets all enjoy the differences amongst us. Although this would be perfect as a gift for anyone who celebrates Hanukkah it is also fun and appropriate for all faiths (and even for individuals without one).
on November 5, 2017
This is probably the best Christmas story you can get for your kid.
on June 2, 2014
We purchased the book because it was the "shortest" story we could quickly get ahold of for my daughter's author project on David Handler, aka Lemony Snicket. It is a wonderful short that holds true to his writing style. We couldn't read it without using Count Olaf's voice. It gave us some "food" for thought in terms of the tradition Hanukkah. We had planned on donating it to a local library but have decided to keep this one for ourselves and purchase one to donate.