Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 125 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on October 31, 2011
This is a wonderful halloween story! It's perfect for younger readers, or pre-readers, to have a book that they can enjoy either with Mom or Dad, or by themselves with the read along feature. it's a story with a message about diversity, and how being different isn't a bad thing.
For the trolls who are upset that is not a game, no one ever promised you a game a day. Just a free App a day! and the ones that are freaking out because a child might touch their phone or tablet, just remember your teaching your child the tools to continue in life and succeed. Read this with your child and help him to operate your tablet or phone. Teach them the right way to use it.
Definitely a wonderful application! Cannot go wrong with this!
And if you still are scared to let your children use your "toys" then maybe you spent way too much for the one you have.
on October 31, 2011
I think it is a nice blend keeping a traditional children's book feel with the interactive enhancements. I really liked the narrator.

Is it worth $2.99? Not to me today, all the little ones in my life grew up (I can imagine them all as kids LOVING this) but for someone with young readers I'd guess the book costs a good bit more than this app (been a long time since I priced childrens books:) and I think the young ones will enjoy this. The read-along feature is nice for earliest readers.

As far as size, on my HTC Desire it installed directly to the SD card so size wasn't an issue for me. I wish more apps would do that. That gets this 4 stars (I only give 5s for the rare apps that add functionality to my phone or I couldn't live without;)
on October 31, 2011
I purchased this app for my 22 month old toddler because she loves pumpkins and the events associated with Halloween. Fortunately, this ebook exceeded my expectations as one of the better books available for tablets. The books scales well on the HP Touchpad (with a 10 inch scree) and my daughter loves the interactive pictures. The narrator does an excellent job reading the book which helps to establish the tone and mood for the book. My only gripes with the book are that it can take a little longer to turn the pages and it's hard to interact with the pictures on the autoplay option. Overall, this is a good book to add to your collection.
on November 8, 2011
I got this around Halloween, when Amazon had it as it's free app of the day. It's a nice little story. I wouldn't have bought it. But it was free and I wanted to show my young nephew. He loves when we watch cartoons or play games on my phone. And I don't think he's ever seen a book on a phone before.
It's a big file. I'm planning on uninstalling it after we read it. It's one of my few biggest apps I have on my phone. But it does play very nice and smooth, nice pictures, and I haven't seen any glitches or anything like that.
I think it would be a lot nicer on a tablet, rather than a phone
on October 31, 2011
I downloaded this app just to see what all the negative reviews were about. I found a wonderfully creative children's book. Shame on all of the selfish and smallminded people that can't see how much children will love this little jewel of a book. I found the underlining meaning of the book to be very good. We are not all the same and just because we are not like everyone else does not make us bad or wrong. Sometimes the different person is who brings the most important things to the table. Cannot wait to read this to my nieces and nephews. thanks for a great little book
on October 31, 2011
The icon caught my eye a few days ago; and I was skeptical if I should buy the app... I didn't realize it was a e-book, but now I really like it. It's cute and I'll keep it on my D2G. The text wasn't too small to read on the screen, and that's a good thing.

I could take off one star for the nag screen on the beginning, since I don't like apps taking control of the volume, but it didn't take control, so you get all stars.

Dev(s): If you could put in a mini-game in future updates, that would be awesome!
on October 31, 2011
For all those people who think they're in the 1%, there are requirements. You have never needed to work, you have over a billion in the bank, and you don't leave 1star reviews for an app that you don't even download or that is 100% functional.

You read reviews to see whether you should download it.. its good to see the type of people that do download it, for what devices, and what kind of functionality.
....1 stars should be reserved for apps that don't work and/or developer has no interest in helping you to get it to work on your device.

This app worked flawlessly on HTC EVO, its not surprising to me that its a large file, considering the amount of audio and areas you can touch for extra sounds. My niece and nephew loved it, three times in a row. She turns 5 tomorrow, he's 3.

The reading voice could be a little scary for very young ones, kind of Vincent Price(esque) but should be suitable for ages over 2.
on March 16, 2012
The story is fun for young kids. Older kids probably wouldn't be as interested. It's a cute story about being proud of who you are instead of trying to be something you're not. I can see this story becoming a Halloween tradition in families with small children.

The narrator's voice sounded a little weird to me at first, but after listening to the story a few times (my 2-year-old kept playing it over and over), I decided that the voice actually went along fairly well with the story. My 5-year-old didn't really care as much for the story itself, but he did like the extra things that happened when tapping certain parts of the screen.

Overall, Oceanhouse Media does a great job with the apps it creates out of existing books. They are a little pricey, but most of them are worth it. Luckily, I got this one as a FAotD.

I'm thinking this (and all of OM's book apps) would look better on a tablet, but for now I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Spica phone and it's working fine.
on October 31, 2011
I was really looking forward to reading this book with my 5 year old today when she got home from school, but never got a chance to. Immediatly after downloading this app my phone started freaking out & the screen went black on me. I couldn't do anything with it. I ended spending 45 minutes at one of my providers stores and eventually needing to do a "factory restart" to get it up & running again. I'm really bummed that my daughter won't get to enjoy it.
on October 31, 2011
Ok, ok, I have two children under 6 but, even if I didn't, I would have found this adorable. As I was listening to this, I kept thinking that it totally sounds like it is being read by Bobby "Boris" Pickett. I checked the credits and, sure enough, it *was* read Mr. Monster Mash, himself! That is what bumped my 4-star rating to 5. Coolness! Thanks to the Developer and to Amazon for a very appropriate FAotD! Happy Halloween, Everyone!!