Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3D
Platform: Nintendo 3DS|Change

on November 22, 2017
Link to the past was my favorite zelda game of all time so playing this is a real throwback and brings a smile on my face. Although I would have likely been happier with SNES style graphics they still did a great job of imitating the world map and and certain landscapes with updated graphics giving it a fresh feel to it as well. I have only gotten so far in the game right not, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's enough like the original that it offers nostalgic relief at the same time its got a completely new story and graphics design making it feel fresh and new at the same time.
on August 9, 2017
Having lots of fun with this. There are some similarities to Link to the Past (mainly the map), but it feels like a fresh game. I'm finding it to be quite a bit easier than Link to the Past was but it is very enjoyable. Good puzzles and the ability to become a painting adds an interesting dimension to the game. Playing in 3D looks pretty good if you're into that.
on May 12, 2015
Been playing Zelda games for years, not a fan boy just a casual player. I never cared for the top down games as much (and I grew up when they were new), but this is different. I love this game, and the wall walking is great--as is the non-linear play style. This is only second to OOT. Highly recommended.
on April 3, 2014
I love the Legend of Zelda franchise and this is no exception. The problem solving in the dungeons is well done and takes me a while to figure stuff out, forcing me to really think. The maimai subquest is really fun and makes exploration a must for this game. One major downside is unlike the other game, sub items are not found in dungeons and instead are rented or sold by a guy in your house, but this makes rupees even more important in this game than any other and in most Zelda games, I rarely even use rupees.
on December 30, 2013
I've played the original Link to the past, and the more i play this, the more i actually felt like playing more of the same, but it's a GOOD more of the same (if that makes any sense at all.) The puzzles are challenging at times (had to look up a walkthrough for my second playthrough when i get to it) but are rewarding in the end. I like the ability to merge into walls to bypass many obstacles. (Especially in the skull woods dungeon-The wallmasters can't touch you in the walls, now can they?)

All in all, although it may look easy, it is. However, it is this way to give people who haven't played a Zelda game in their entire life to give it a whirl. The hardcore players might get a nostalgia trip, the casual gamers can get into the pick up and play aspect of it, and the newcomers have a chance to experience what made Zelda such a staple in Nintendo's history in the first place.

I know a lot of other people have been giving this game a hard time, and I think that they're wasting their time. From their reviews, I feel like they haven't even played the game. And to them I say this: You can't make accusations about something that you haven't experienced. Learn to grow up and stop trolling everything that you think isn't good enough.

That ends my review. Have a nice Day.

Kunai
on November 16, 2017
Amazing game! Very innovative game play. I am lucky to find a copy since they are no longer available from Nintendo. The copy I received was an international version. Same game play as US version just a different cover.
on January 15, 2014
I'm really getting into this game lately. I love how you have to multi-task while you're you're evading enemies. I've been using the bow, magic glasses, shield, and sword so far. Most things can be killed by using your sward. There are puzzles to figure out...how to get to where you're supposed to be going and hoping to get there with plenty of life left for your character. I find it challenging...sword, shield, and bow, sometimes with your character running.
on December 13, 2013
If you have enjoyed any top down Zelda game in the past 25 years then you'll like this. It closely resembles Link to the Past without having to totally ride that game's coattails. It brings in many interesting new things while still managing to keep that Zelda game charm. The item system helps make the game a bit less linear after you clear the first few dungeons, as instead of finding most items in the dungeons you actually rent the items from the shop. This opens up exploration much sooner as you can rent items like the hookshot and such very near the beginning. If you do fall in battle however the items go back to the shop, but you can also buy them permanently to keep them forever.

The game has many secrets in it as well, including some fun sidequests. The new ability Link gets in the game is useful throughout the entire game and it integral in many puzzles and even combat. This game also promotes replaying it as after beating it once you unlock a harder Hero mode to really test your skills.

Zelda veterans and those new to the series will both enjoy this and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a fun game.
on January 9, 2014
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past is a nostalgic game for me, mainly because it was the first title in the franchise I've ever played. The feel of the world is very similar, which is both a good and bad trait of the game (as well as Nintendo franchises in general). The gameplay is excellent bringing Link back to an overhead view while allowing the player to explore the open world in almost any fashion due to the items being rented or bought instead of won in the individual dungeons. This new item mechanic is a drastic change from the previous games and brings a fresh feel to a sequel that could have otherwise felt all too familiar. The graphics and in particular the 3D are very well done and actually enhance the gameplay value in certain dungeons and environmental puzzles. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds for reasons other than I expected. The nostalgia factor is still there, but I really enjoyed the game more because of how they changed the game's item mechanics and this is truly a worthy successor to what's possibly the best Zelda title of all time.
on February 23, 2017
great!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.