Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 26, 2015
"Ocarina of Time 3D," a remake of the great N64 game, feels timeless in its approach. There are no politics, no heavy plots, just the basic eternal struggle of good vs evil - the light trying to endure against the darkness. Link, the young hero, is virtuous; bright-eyed, he's of very few words and wears an iconic green tunic and hood. In one hand is a sword and in the other a trusty shield. His enemy is Ganondorf, who could plainly be described as pure evil since his sole purpose is to acquire power and use it to destroy or enslave everything within the kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Zelda knows Ganondorf's true motives, even if the king does not, and entrusts Link to journey far and wide in hopes of stopping him. As I played, I was taken in by so many of the unique places this game creates. There's Kokiri Forest, a small lush little village with fairies flying all around, and which leads to The Great Deku Tree, a giant tree with its bark shaped like a face, and to the Lost Woods, which first seems like a confusing maze until you learn its pattern. Death Mountain is a fiery volcano housing the Gorgons, a race of very distinct pear-shaped rock-eating creatures. The most unique is Zora's Domain, a series of winding rivers leading to a large cavern of underground lakes and waterfalls. At its core, this is a game about completing dungeons through puzzle solving. They're very well-designed here, if a bit obscure at times. There's a great sense of accomplishment as your heart containers increase and your inventory fills up with useful items (bow, slingshot, hookshot, etc.). It's also a long game with plenty of secrets and side activities (find all 100 Gold Skulltulas, I dare you). This game has a simple story, told plainly, with the simple premise of obtaining that which is necessary to vanquish evil, and finding the courage to do so. This is a masterful classic.

--- 5 STARS ---
on October 5, 2015
I made a promise that if Majora's Mask ever hit the 3DS I'd get this game as well and give Ocarina of Time a try, then came the Nintendo Direct that announced Majora's Mask 3D, I was so excited, and I was ready to fulfill my promise. I am most definitely glad I did, I've been missing out on a great title for so long. This game is regarded by Zelda fans the same way Final Fantasy VII is regarded by Final fantasy fans, whereas FFVII brought 3D models and cinematics to RPGs, Ocarina of Time brought full 3D open world environments to videogames, not only that but brought alot of beloved elements to the Zelda series such as Epona, Link's loyal horse companion. It wasn't easy to get, for some reason this game was given a limited release, despite the TV advertising it received when it first released. Though it is also available digitally, I personally prefer to get physical copies of games, so it was quite a search, and the prices were all quite hefty, but it was well worth it. All in all, this game is a solid 9.5/10, I highly recommend it.
on November 30, 2016
I would be wary of buying this particular listing. I specifically bought the OOT listing that would have the original cover, and I instead got the Nintendo Selects version (which is significantly cheaper). I had no problem with this since I was refunded my money (and the game content is identical), but for anyone who isn't as lucky as me please keep this in mind.

I'm giving this product a 5/5 for game content. However, for the actual product listing would be a 0/5.
review image
on May 13, 2016
I loved the game when it was on N64, this game was good too. However, the 5 star rating has nothing to do with content of the game. As noted before, I loved the game, but that is the same all around whether I play it on the Wii, XBox, Xbox360, etc. etc. (P.S. I have no clue if it is actually on those devices, but the point is made...different screen sizes don't make the game better or worse...) The 5-star rating was for the promptness of service and the pristine condition of the game itself and the box, but seeing that it came directly from Nintendo, I expected nothing less than that. They seem to always deliver an amazing product, and this is why I keep going back again and again to Nintendo products.
on March 5, 2015
The only Legend of Zelda game I had ever played prior to this one was A Link to the Past, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this game. I mainly purchased Ocarina of Time 3D because I wanted to try it out before playing Majora's Mask 3D, and I am so glad I did! I'd heard that the original is one of the best games of all time, and this remake definitely lived up to my expectations!

The gameplay is phenomenal, the graphics are good, the 3D gives a much more in-depth experience, the battling system is great, and the overworld is fantastic. It isn't a particularly difficult game, but it's enough a challenge that you can get really stuck in certain areas. There's a great sense of freedom and achievement throughout the game, and it doesn't feel like the game tries to hold your hand at all. The characters are quirky and interesting, which adds to the entire atmosphere in the game. One of the best aspects of Ocarina of Time 3D is the amount of sidequests, which are fun and keep you busy for awhile. Overall, this game is very fun, intriguing, and addictive, and is now one of my favorite games. If you are newer to the series, this is definitely a great place to start!
on June 16, 2015
Amazing remaster of this timeless classic! Just as a note for those looking to purchase, the "FR" boxes clueless retailers are selling is playable in both ENGLISH and FRENCH. It will use your systems language to pick the correct one. I have one of the "FR" copies, and it works fine on my American 3DS. Just don't get European if you live in North America (the box is not gold, looks different) because it is region locked.
on October 6, 2015
My favorite video game from my childhood in a new light. Amazing 3D, plays just how I remember it bugs and all (some really handy for speed runs). Now there is a nifty boss rush mode you can access by sleeping in your bed in the Kokiri forest, on top of that you can unlock Master quest once you've beaten the first playthrough, though this time the whole game has been mirrored (Twilight Princess Wii style) on top of added difficulty. Something have been removed, like no blood splatter at the bottom of the well in Kakariko village, no death counter on load screens, and the deku stick damage got nerfed big time (you used to be able to kill the first 3 bosses with jump attacks with the deku stick in 2-4 hits), as well as all changes made in previous versions (fire temple music, mirror shields design, and Ganon's blood being green). All in all i'm 100% satified with my purchase, might even pick up another copy for my nephew and have him play through it. If your a long time Legend of Zelda fan looking to relive childhood memory's buy it. If you are new to the franchise and are checking this game out for the first time, FRIKIN BUY IT!!! You won't regret it.
on March 20, 2015
I am so happy I got my hands on a copy of this game! Growing up and playing it on the N64 was always a blast, and I will never forget how to find and do everything there is to do in it. Which is what I love most about the addition of the Master version you can play through alternatively to the original version (hooray for options eh?). While the story is the same, of course, the Master version is switched up in game play as it offers tweaks for those of us who know the original like the back of our hands. Certain collectible locations change, the Temples and dungeons have changes to them that make you work to sort out their new puzzles all while being in a familiar place, enemies are more abundant and feel more like a threat than an inconvenience. It's a lot of fun, and I couldn't be happier with it. The graphics are lovely as well. From details more vividly shown like posters etc that couldn't really be seen well on the original, to smoothing out character models, to making your surroundings just pop with additional pieces that add more to the scenery than one might think. Everything is vibrant and this really has breathed a whole new life into this classic game. Controls aren't hard to use in the slightest, and while I miss the old set up for the ocarina - new buttons to play it with gives me something else to memorize I suppose.

Point is if you're an old fan of this game, like me, and you haven't gotten it - try to find a copy asap because you won't be disappointed. If you're someone who hadn't played it before, chances are you'll still enjoy it a lot.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
As my headline states: I have very mixed feelings about the game. I haven't beaten the MasterQuest nor do I plan to so readers expecting to read a review that includes knowledge of the MasterQuest play through, please look elsewhere.

What I love about the game: I absolutely love all the boss fights. Especially the Iron Knuckle fights. There's something about getting closer to your enemies to lure his/her attack and backflipping out of it at the last second only to counter with your own jump slash that has me hooked on the game. I also enjoyed having to wear the winged boots to fight Bongo Bongo in the Spirit Temple. Moving on, the game has cool hint features with the Sheikah stone for anybody that is stuck in their current quest. This is a really fun game, if you know what you're doing.

What I hate about the game: I hate that you can only save at the beginning of the side of the dungeons and castle, and at your home in Kokiri forest or the Temple where up get the Master sword. The saving feature is especially annoying in when you are amidst your quest, going to the next temple and you have to stop playing. You save and--if you're playing as Adult Link--you start your game again at the Church looking building in the destroyed Hyrule. O, and I also hated the Water Temple Boss. I didn't know you could destroy that tentacle thing if you used the Longshot on him so it took me a long time and I was always cornered. Anyways, some of the tidious things in the game are not fun at all. Like the fishing pond.

But I did enjoy the game so I'll give it 4 stars. Thank you for reading this.
on December 26, 2013
OOT has always been hailed as one of the best, if not the best, video games ever made. I can't refute it, and the 3D rendering is quite spectacular. One thing of note, however, is that because of the tilt controls, some of the functionality is harder in vehicles and aircrafts. Otherwise, it's sticks closely to the classic N64 Zelda OOT that we've all come to love.

If you've never played Zelda Ocarina of Time, then you're missing out. It's one of the staples when it comes to gaming, and a huge predecessor to what gaming is today.