Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Format: Video Game|Change

on November 30, 2016
I would be wary of buying this particular listing. I specifically bought the OOT listing that would have the original cover, and I instead got the Nintendo Selects version (which is significantly cheaper). I had no problem with this since I was refunded my money (and the game content is identical), but for anyone who isn't as lucky as me please keep this in mind.

I'm giving this product a 5/5 for game content. However, for the actual product listing would be a 0/5.
review image
on May 13, 2016
I loved the game when it was on N64, this game was good too. However, the 5 star rating has nothing to do with content of the game. As noted before, I loved the game, but that is the same all around whether I play it on the Wii, XBox, Xbox360, etc. etc. (P.S. I have no clue if it is actually on those devices, but the point is made...different screen sizes don't make the game better or worse...) The 5-star rating was for the promptness of service and the pristine condition of the game itself and the box, but seeing that it came directly from Nintendo, I expected nothing less than that. They seem to always deliver an amazing product, and this is why I keep going back again and again to Nintendo products.
on March 5, 2015
The only Legend of Zelda game I had ever played prior to this one was A Link to the Past, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this game. I mainly purchased Ocarina of Time 3D because I wanted to try it out before playing Majora's Mask 3D, and I am so glad I did! I'd heard that the original is one of the best games of all time, and this remake definitely lived up to my expectations!

The gameplay is phenomenal, the graphics are good, the 3D gives a much more in-depth experience, the battling system is great, and the overworld is fantastic. It isn't a particularly difficult game, but it's enough a challenge that you can get really stuck in certain areas. There's a great sense of freedom and achievement throughout the game, and it doesn't feel like the game tries to hold your hand at all. The characters are quirky and interesting, which adds to the entire atmosphere in the game. One of the best aspects of Ocarina of Time 3D is the amount of sidequests, which are fun and keep you busy for awhile. Overall, this game is very fun, intriguing, and addictive, and is now one of my favorite games. If you are newer to the series, this is definitely a great place to start!
on June 16, 2015
Amazing remaster of this timeless classic! Just as a note for those looking to purchase, the "FR" boxes clueless retailers are selling is playable in both ENGLISH and FRENCH. It will use your systems language to pick the correct one. I have one of the "FR" copies, and it works fine on my American 3DS. Just don't get European if you live in North America (the box is not gold, looks different) because it is region locked.
on October 6, 2015
My favorite video game from my childhood in a new light. Amazing 3D, plays just how I remember it bugs and all (some really handy for speed runs). Now there is a nifty boss rush mode you can access by sleeping in your bed in the Kokiri forest, on top of that you can unlock Master quest once you've beaten the first playthrough, though this time the whole game has been mirrored (Twilight Princess Wii style) on top of added difficulty. Something have been removed, like no blood splatter at the bottom of the well in Kakariko village, no death counter on load screens, and the deku stick damage got nerfed big time (you used to be able to kill the first 3 bosses with jump attacks with the deku stick in 2-4 hits), as well as all changes made in previous versions (fire temple music, mirror shields design, and Ganon's blood being green). All in all i'm 100% satified with my purchase, might even pick up another copy for my nephew and have him play through it. If your a long time Legend of Zelda fan looking to relive childhood memory's buy it. If you are new to the franchise and are checking this game out for the first time, FRIKIN BUY IT!!! You won't regret it.
on March 20, 2015
I am so happy I got my hands on a copy of this game! Growing up and playing it on the N64 was always a blast, and I will never forget how to find and do everything there is to do in it. Which is what I love most about the addition of the Master version you can play through alternatively to the original version (hooray for options eh?). While the story is the same, of course, the Master version is switched up in game play as it offers tweaks for those of us who know the original like the back of our hands. Certain collectible locations change, the Temples and dungeons have changes to them that make you work to sort out their new puzzles all while being in a familiar place, enemies are more abundant and feel more like a threat than an inconvenience. It's a lot of fun, and I couldn't be happier with it. The graphics are lovely as well. From details more vividly shown like posters etc that couldn't really be seen well on the original, to smoothing out character models, to making your surroundings just pop with additional pieces that add more to the scenery than one might think. Everything is vibrant and this really has breathed a whole new life into this classic game. Controls aren't hard to use in the slightest, and while I miss the old set up for the ocarina - new buttons to play it with gives me something else to memorize I suppose.

Point is if you're an old fan of this game, like me, and you haven't gotten it - try to find a copy asap because you won't be disappointed. If you're someone who hadn't played it before, chances are you'll still enjoy it a lot.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
As my headline states: I have very mixed feelings about the game. I haven't beaten the MasterQuest nor do I plan to so readers expecting to read a review that includes knowledge of the MasterQuest play through, please look elsewhere.

What I love about the game: I absolutely love all the boss fights. Especially the Iron Knuckle fights. There's something about getting closer to your enemies to lure his/her attack and backflipping out of it at the last second only to counter with your own jump slash that has me hooked on the game. I also enjoyed having to wear the winged boots to fight Bongo Bongo in the Spirit Temple. Moving on, the game has cool hint features with the Sheikah stone for anybody that is stuck in their current quest. This is a really fun game, if you know what you're doing.

What I hate about the game: I hate that you can only save at the beginning of the side of the dungeons and castle, and at your home in Kokiri forest or the Temple where up get the Master sword. The saving feature is especially annoying in when you are amidst your quest, going to the next temple and you have to stop playing. You save and--if you're playing as Adult Link--you start your game again at the Church looking building in the destroyed Hyrule. O, and I also hated the Water Temple Boss. I didn't know you could destroy that tentacle thing if you used the Longshot on him so it took me a long time and I was always cornered. Anyways, some of the tidious things in the game are not fun at all. Like the fishing pond.

But I did enjoy the game so I'll give it 4 stars. Thank you for reading this.
on December 26, 2013
OOT has always been hailed as one of the best, if not the best, video games ever made. I can't refute it, and the 3D rendering is quite spectacular. One thing of note, however, is that because of the tilt controls, some of the functionality is harder in vehicles and aircrafts. Otherwise, it's sticks closely to the classic N64 Zelda OOT that we've all come to love.

If you've never played Zelda Ocarina of Time, then you're missing out. It's one of the staples when it comes to gaming, and a huge predecessor to what gaming is today.
on June 30, 2015
Bought this new as a birthday present for a best friend of mine who loves Zelda just as much as I do. He never had the chance to play OOt when he was a kid, and I beat it hundreds of times during my childhood. I wanted to make his birthday extra special by ordering this and sharing some of the experiences I had playing OOt when I was a kid. As soon as he got his present, he ripped up the wrapping paper and popped the game right into his console. His birthday was really s***ty this year, and I think that my gift of OOt made him at least smile and appreciate the day. He was surprised I had gotten the game new, as he expected the game to be used. I always try and buy video game cartridges new, unless they are expensive and collector's items, mainly because of battery failures with old cartridges, older save files from being used, and also because it surprises people who see my collection. The packaging was very shiny and plastic, and the game cart and box were in mint condition. For 50 bucks, this buy was perfect for his birthday present. My gratitude to the seller. I would buy from them again, and I highly recommend them to anyone.
on August 23, 2013
Grab your Master Sword and Ocarina, it's time to relive a classic. New players and old will find something special in this version of the classic LoZ title that defines the series. The 3DS graphics were stunning and engaging; totally brought a breath of fresh air to a timeless masterpiece of a video game. Even when the 3D is switched off, the atmosphere is lush and beautiful -- everything is completely re-done -- the water texture, enemies, even Hylian ears are more defined. Link and Zelda are beautiful creatures, instead of polygonal nightmares. And Sheik actually looks like a man! *gasp* There were instances when I found the L-Targeting clunky in comparison to the standard Z, especially due to its location off the side and not underneath the paddle. Additionally, the 3D graphics may occasionally glitch during battle, making you see double or completely lose sight of an enemy at a critical moment. Aiming the fairy bow, hookshot, and sling were nauseating with the 3D on, but simply flicking it off made it easy as pie and is totally not game breaking. And after you defeat the evil wizard, restore peace to Hyrule, and return to your original Timeline, you can relive the magic by playing through the Master Quest. This game is essentially two games in one!

My biggest quandary with the title: The inclusion of the Sheikah Stone. The game is heavy on tutorials this time around. No doubt due to it being highly marketed at younger and inexperienced gamers. That aside, there is a new feature added to the Temple of Time and Link's Treehouse, a stone resembling the Sheikah Stones found throughout Hyrule, that Link can crawl into. Upon entry, it gives small video clips of how to progress in temples, find secrets, advance the story, etc. I think it would be more helpful if it showed how to obtain all the Pieces of Heart or Skulltullas -- since those are the most difficult to obtain, however periphery. Again, this mechanism was included to help avoid any game breaking experiences for newcomers and casual gamers in general -- or those who were (unfortunate enough) to be introduced to the LoZ saga by Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Nevertheless, OoT is a must-have, must-play experience for everyone in existence -- not just gamers! It is a classic. A work of art. A master piece. So take up the Master Sword, save the sages, save Hyrule, save yourself!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.