Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,054 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,329 reviews
on February 17, 2016
I have never played with (on?) a Nintendo-- I was born too many years ago. I have a grandson, however, that not only loves the Nintendo, but particularly loves The Legend of Zelda games, and when The Ocarina of Time came out, it was all he wanted for Christmas. [Harrumph-- when I was a kid, we got an orange and a pair of socks-- to share between six kids. These kids these days don't know how easy they've got it!]

Pretending ignorance (which was admittedly easy), I bought him... A 'Legend of Zelda' plastic ocarina. He unwrapped his gift, hoping for the best, while I looked forward to watching his face while he tried to look happy so I wouldn't feel bad. Instead, he grinned, and said "Okay, Papa, where's my real present?" He's known me too long, and knows me too well.

He was thrilled with the game. It lived completely up to his (high) expectations. He disappeared into his room, and we wouldn't have seen him for the rest of the Christmas vacation if his mother hadn't insisted on his rejoining the family from time to time.

I admit that I don't understand the appeal, but he loves it, and I love him-- and the Ocarina in Time helped give him a happy Christmas.

Recommended.
on March 24, 2016
If you have a Nintendo 3DS this game is a must have. Ocarina of Time is one of the highest praised games of all time and for good reason. The story is intriguing, the gameplay is fun and the dungeons and puzzles are entertaining with just the right amount of difficulty. This remake makes it even better. the graphics are phenomenal and the gameplay is very smooth. Master Quest is included as well so once you beat the game you can give it another run through on a higher difficulty. If your anything like me, you remember playing Ocarina of Time as a kid and you probably fell in love with it like I did. Do yourself a favor and buy this game and enter a state of nostalgia like I did, your childhood memories will thank you. For those of you that never played Ocarina of Time, I highly recommend picking this up. It's a classic game that you'll enjoy playing all the way through. Coming from a die hard Zelda fan, this remake does not disappoint. Nintendo did an awesome job with it. So don't wait, put this masterpiece in your amazon cart and order it now!
on October 23, 2015
Do not believe the picture they have up on the product that is for sale. It shows you the original English one and it says it's from Nintendo but you're getting the French /English version. Now that's not too much of a big deal but it completely ruins the box art for me and other collectors. I guess I'll just have to print out a usable cover for it. The game itself is fine. But I recommend that they advertise it as the French and English version instead to avoid future mix disappointme
on March 19, 2017
Received the Nintendo Select English/French version which is not what is pictured here, worth less than this item's price, and not what I wanted. If you're looking to get the original box art for collection purposes, as I was, be sure to inquire before purchasing.

That being said I have to rate it a 5 for the game itself. A portable remake of the game I loved as a child, and the addition of the Master Quest made it a no-brainer to buy. Though I appreciate the quality of life features and texture improvements, my qualm is that the updated colours make the game look a lot brighter, leaving me missing the grunge-y, "darker" feeling N64 version.
review image
on February 26, 2015
"Ocarina of Time 3D," a remake of the great N64 game, feels timeless in its approach. There are no politics, no heavy plots, just the basic eternal struggle of good vs evil - the light trying to endure against the darkness. Link, the young hero, is virtuous; bright-eyed, he's of very few words and wears an iconic green tunic and hood. In one hand is a sword and in the other a trusty shield. His enemy is Ganondorf, who could plainly be described as pure evil since his sole purpose is to acquire power and use it to destroy or enslave everything within the kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Zelda knows Ganondorf's true motives, even if the king does not, and entrusts Link to journey far and wide in hopes of stopping him. As I played, I was taken in by so many of the unique places this game creates. There's Kokiri Forest, a small lush little village with fairies flying all around, and which leads to The Great Deku Tree, a giant tree with its bark shaped like a face, and to the Lost Woods, which first seems like a confusing maze until you learn its pattern. Death Mountain is a fiery volcano housing the Gorgons, a race of very distinct pear-shaped rock-eating creatures. The most unique is Zora's Domain, a series of winding rivers leading to a large cavern of underground lakes and waterfalls. At its core, this is a game about completing dungeons through puzzle solving. They're very well-designed here, if a bit obscure at times. There's a great sense of accomplishment as your heart containers increase and your inventory fills up with useful items (bow, slingshot, hookshot, etc.). It's also a long game with plenty of secrets and side activities (find all 100 Gold Skulltulas, I dare you). This game has a simple story, told plainly, with the simple premise of obtaining that which is necessary to vanquish evil, and finding the courage to do so. This is a masterful classic.

--- 5 STARS ---
on October 5, 2015
I made a promise that if Majora's Mask ever hit the 3DS I'd get this game as well and give Ocarina of Time a try, then came the Nintendo Direct that announced Majora's Mask 3D, I was so excited, and I was ready to fulfill my promise. I am most definitely glad I did, I've been missing out on a great title for so long. This game is regarded by Zelda fans the same way Final Fantasy VII is regarded by Final fantasy fans, whereas FFVII brought 3D models and cinematics to RPGs, Ocarina of Time brought full 3D open world environments to videogames, not only that but brought alot of beloved elements to the Zelda series such as Epona, Link's loyal horse companion. It wasn't easy to get, for some reason this game was given a limited release, despite the TV advertising it received when it first released. Though it is also available digitally, I personally prefer to get physical copies of games, so it was quite a search, and the prices were all quite hefty, but it was well worth it. All in all, this game is a solid 9.5/10, I highly recommend it.
on November 30, 2016
I would be wary of buying this particular listing. I specifically bought the OOT listing that would have the original cover, and I instead got the Nintendo Selects version (which is significantly cheaper). I had no problem with this since I was refunded my money (and the game content is identical), but for anyone who isn't as lucky as me please keep this in mind.

I'm giving this product a 5/5 for game content. However, for the actual product listing would be a 0/5.
review image
on May 13, 2016
I loved the game when it was on N64, this game was good too. However, the 5 star rating has nothing to do with content of the game. As noted before, I loved the game, but that is the same all around whether I play it on the Wii, XBox, Xbox360, etc. etc. (P.S. I have no clue if it is actually on those devices, but the point is made...different screen sizes don't make the game better or worse...) The 5-star rating was for the promptness of service and the pristine condition of the game itself and the box, but seeing that it came directly from Nintendo, I expected nothing less than that. They seem to always deliver an amazing product, and this is why I keep going back again and again to Nintendo products.
on March 5, 2015
The only Legend of Zelda game I had ever played prior to this one was A Link to the Past, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this game. I mainly purchased Ocarina of Time 3D because I wanted to try it out before playing Majora's Mask 3D, and I am so glad I did! I'd heard that the original is one of the best games of all time, and this remake definitely lived up to my expectations!

The gameplay is phenomenal, the graphics are good, the 3D gives a much more in-depth experience, the battling system is great, and the overworld is fantastic. It isn't a particularly difficult game, but it's enough a challenge that you can get really stuck in certain areas. There's a great sense of freedom and achievement throughout the game, and it doesn't feel like the game tries to hold your hand at all. The characters are quirky and interesting, which adds to the entire atmosphere in the game. One of the best aspects of Ocarina of Time 3D is the amount of sidequests, which are fun and keep you busy for awhile. Overall, this game is very fun, intriguing, and addictive, and is now one of my favorite games. If you are newer to the series, this is definitely a great place to start!
on May 21, 2015
It's extremely difficult to take one of the most revered games of all time, and make it better. But Nintendo did just that. Improved graphics, Link's expressions are a lot more animated and improved, the lighting and effects are better (which allowed for easier navigation of the Water Temple with wall lights, trust me, you'll see what I mean), and textures are improved. This is what remasters should all strive for. Taking something nearly perfect, and bringing it that much closer to perfection.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.