Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 489 reviews
on August 3, 2015
Item shipped was UAE, Malaysia, Singapore version of the game, however it played just fine in American Wii U I bought in 2014. I'm not sure if it will work for all systems, I've heard other purchasers say it didn't work for them, but I had no such problem. The game is in English and is really indistinguishable from the American version as far as I can tell.

With all that said, this is game is fantastic. I put off playing for several years because I didn't purchase a Wii. My desire to play classic Nintendo titles and see what new they had to offer led me to purchase a Wii U and gave me the chance to catch up on 10+ years of Wii titles I'd missed. This game is a gem in the Legend of Zelda series and stays true to it's roots while implementing a really fun control system that actually works pretty well. I thought it would be gimmicky to swing the Wiimote like sword but they've done a really good job with it. I highly recommend this game for Legend of Zelda fans and anyone looking for a great Nintendo Wii experience.
on November 3, 2016
I have always loved the original Zelda from Nintendo. I was hoping this was going to be the same. It's not at all. It is still fun but a little harder for me..lol. My 70 yr old mom and I play this. It's pretty funny watching her get mad when she gets stuck on something. I can totally understand her frustration.

The graphics are great and I also got the music cd with this. Now If I can only learn how actually play this better I am sure it will be a lot more fun
on February 18, 2013
it is quite a change for me to use the Wii remote instead of the old fashion controller than I am using with my older Zelda games, but I think I will like it when I get used to it. I did get the MotionPlus and added it to my Wii remote thingy (thingy-yes, that is a technical term, right?) the colours and graphics on the game are killer, and it is really nice to get a new game I can play. Zelda is my favorite game out there. I am not into the 'shoot-em-up' live action kind of stuff, and some of the sword and sorcery games are just too bloody for my constitution. I guess having been a cop for so long, I have just seen way too much to be blase about it? anyway, zelda is just the right mix of action, adventure, puzzle (I love figuring out puzzles in games) and great graphics. Overall very pleased to have a new zelda game.

Oh, and would love to know if there are any more 'zelda-ish' games out there that i might enjoy?
on January 22, 2017
My copy checks out--it's the US version. Thanks to others in the questions and reviews for the heads-up on checking the "nn used and new From $nn.nn" link and then reading the sellers' comments.
on March 26, 2015
Just to clear things up. I too received the "U.A.E. Saudia Arabia..." version. However after doing a quick Google search I found out that it works fine with the U.S. Wii U. So I plugged it in and sure enough everything worked great. The manual is in English and all the captions in the game are also in English.
on February 27, 2014
I'm a huge Zelda fan, you won't be disappointed with this game. It has an amazing story and the motion controls are unique and fun. This game does have a new sense of difficulty that makes each victory feel more real. Overall this game is awesome and if you're a Zelda fan you need to play this game.
on January 15, 2017
The description doesn't state that this is the U.A.E. version of the game. If that's what you were looking for, then order away. The package came in perfect condition.
on December 7, 2015
The game arrived in excellent condition, with no visible damage and sealed in plastic.

However, the version that I received, and it looks like a large majority of other purchasers, was the U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore edition. As others have mentioned, it should still play with no issues on a US Wii-U (and I can only assume on a US Wii as well), but if you were purchasing this for a gift or wanting to collect a specific version edition you may wish to look elsewhere.

As of 12/7/2015 the product pictures shown are of the US release, and the international version is not mentioned in the description at all. I can also gather that since many others have mentioned this, I did not receive a simple one-time product mistake.

As far as my research into the issue shows, the versions play identical on most issues except maybe for some slight translation and grammar differences. I am hoping there wasn't any content cut out for this particular version.....I suppose I will never know as this is my wife's first play-through of the game. However, I am not looking forward to the "Oooo, you got me Skyward Sword! Wait... why did you buy me Saudi Arabia version?"
on January 19, 2017
Used game, works great! I live Skyward Sword and the story, gameplay, etc.
Long live, Zelda!
on January 12, 2014
My son (8) LOVES this game! He's been playing it non-stop for a couple of days now, since it arrived. I like it too because it's easy to understand and not as fast-paced (for those of us not into "video games" so much :) ) as even Mario is, so I feel qualified to play it too!

One thing I do wish had been made clear--that you need to have an upgraded Wii REMOTE PLUS (which has Motion Plus built-in) or purchase the (very hard to find in stores) Motion Plus add-on for Wii remotes before you can play the game. Because of this, we received the game very promptly, much to my son's delight, within about 3 days of placing our online order, but my husband had to make an unplanned stop at Target the next day on his way home to purchase the upgraded remote before my son could play it.

So, game is great overall, just wish Amazon made it clear you need newer remote/remote add-on to play it.