Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 14, 2018
I have extremely mixed feelings about this game. Whenever I think of it, I remember nothing but happy and awesome memories from playing in my teen years, but when you actually play it... there's just so... many... horrible things that annoy me to death. Everyone is constantly talking to you, making sure you're on the correct path and whatnot, making sure that EVERYTHING is explained to you. The adventure that is there IS an adventure, but all of Link's buddies are the ones who get to go on it. I guess, in short, it's an extremely shallow game, but this is the best that shallow can be. There are many many awesome puzzles, moments, items, combats, etc., and I personally love the motion controls (for like 95% of the game) despite the fact that I usually prefer not to use them. And of course, the story isn't monumental but is probably the best I've seen come straight from Nintendo in recent years...
on November 6, 2017
I enjoyed the story, the dungeons, and game play. The controls will take some time getting used to, but eventually it will become second nature. The saving system is different in that the game uses save points. At first I didn't like this idea, but the save points were plentiful, so I never found myself playing longer than I wanted looking for a save point.

FYI, this game will likely be the Singapore, UAE, and Malaysia version not the US version. This game WILL be 100% English in game and WILL work on a US Wii without any problems. The sole difference is that the cover will have a seal that says Singapore, UAE, and Malaysia. Everything else is identical. I doubt you'd be able to find a brand new US version at this price, so don't flip out and instead enjoy.
on August 2, 2017
Ok so I definitely ordered the US version and indeed did get the weird Saudi world version one. However, unless you're putting this game in a display case it really doesn't make a difference. It looks nearly identical to the US version besides for the different country sticker on the front and the text on the back being in 3 languages. I've researched it a bunch before I tore the plastic off to make sure i wasn't getting screwed. It is a legit copy, not a pirated rip off. I tried it in my Wii and Wii U (both consoles were purchased new in the US) and it plays just fine. The only difference is a few minuscule variations within the in game text. Unless you compare the text side by side though you will not notice. The game came out in 2011....They aren't making new US discs anymore. I'd much rather have this than a used copy, which still costs $40 and that's probably going to have some scratches on it. Buy it, play it, enjoy it.
on August 3, 2015
Item shipped was UAE, Malaysia, Singapore version of the game, however it played just fine in American Wii U I bought in 2014. I'm not sure if it will work for all systems, I've heard other purchasers say it didn't work for them, but I had no such problem. The game is in English and is really indistinguishable from the American version as far as I can tell.

With all that said, this is game is fantastic. I put off playing for several years because I didn't purchase a Wii. My desire to play classic Nintendo titles and see what new they had to offer led me to purchase a Wii U and gave me the chance to catch up on 10+ years of Wii titles I'd missed. This game is a gem in the Legend of Zelda series and stays true to it's roots while implementing a really fun control system that actually works pretty well. I thought it would be gimmicky to swing the Wiimote like sword but they've done a really good job with it. I highly recommend this game for Legend of Zelda fans and anyone looking for a great Nintendo Wii experience.
on December 25, 2017
My kids LOVE this game. The only problem is that it keeps tracks of how long they play and it is a little embarassing when you see how many hours they have racked up. There is strategy required, reading, lots of patience, and a ton of fun. You can't get much better than that when it comes to a video game for kids.
on May 18, 2015
When I opened my game I noticed a weird UAE region code printed on the front of the game. I was worried because I know Wii and Wii U are region coded systems, I was worried my foreign version would not work on my Wii U. After a quick Google search on the issue I felt confident enough to open the game and try it. It works just fine. Apparently coding on US games is the same as UAE region coding. Looks beautiful no issues at all.
on June 23, 2016
I bought it knowingly that it's not the US version. The game was in English and I was satisfied with that.
on November 21, 2015
I preordered this game when it came out, and my original copy came with the 25th anniversary CD, and this doesn't, so be aware of that. I bought this second copy when I let an ex borrow it and never saw my original again (though I still have the CD, thank the goddesses). Must have for anyone that loves Zelda games, without a doubt.
on October 13, 2017
Game arrived in perfect, unopened condition and within the given time frame. Game is a UAE Saudi Arabia/Malaysia/Singapore version, not a US version; still worked on a US Wii and played in English with no weird translation issues.

Skyward Sword's story is meant to be the first in the story line chronology of the Legend of Zelda- the pair that started the legacy. There are a lot of cut scenes, which is to be expected when you have a lot of story to tell. The Wii Motion plus controls are very finicky, so be prepared to have it not register your swings correctly.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2015
It's fun, I love the motion controls. The only bummer is that it looks jagged and low resolution on my Wii U using HDMI. I found out that Wii and Gamecube games were all made to display at 480p instead of 1080 HD, even though at the time other consoles were making games with 1080 resolution. Silly Nintendo, might want to find some component cables, I hear that makes it look better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.